“Excellent Overall”

SIXTY LES
Ranked #156 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great service. All advise from staff was very helpful. Room styling was very nice. View of financial district was a was a nice bonus. I wish I had a chance to check out the amenities. Whole Foods and Subway are within 2 blocks.

Room Tip: Street side (West) has a nice view of financial district.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SIXTY LES

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Second time at this hotel with a great location in the lower East Side. Close to Starbucks and good places to eat. The modern decor is very sleek and comfortable. Rated a 4 and not a 5 as I felt a bit of attitude from the front desk when I checked-in and again when I asked to be moved to a different floor. My room and floor smelled like cigarette smoke when I arrived and the elevator smelled of other smoke, which my daughter and her friends also detected. Other staff was very friendly, consistent with my last stay. Will probably try the new hotel in the LES 2 blocks away next time, but this is a solid hotel with a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff is very welcoming and accommodating- we requested a late check out last minute since we were enjoying the pool so much...and the front desk granted our wish! :). The location is fantastic & the beds are super comfortable. It has been a great treat to stay here for our anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is a one class act! From the moment they open the door for you to the minute you check out. I have stayed at many NY hotels before, but this one has been the nicest and biggest room I have stayed in. The room has a small area with a sofa and the beds are super comfortable, but practically sit on the floor. The bathroom actually has a little bit of counter space with a shelf below and the shower was updated, clean and had a wonderful rain shower faucet. The lights in the whole room were so cool, you had the option of dimming the lights and making as bright as you wanted. This is especially nice in the bathroom at 2 AM when you don't want the lights super bright. We ate at the restaurant which is a Sushi Restaurant. Very nice meal, a little pricey, but what isn't in NY. (We had 2 orders of California Rolls, Edame, and 2 drinks and cost $70!) I had a John Daly drink,(ice tea flavored vodka and lemonade) not the best that I've had, too strong, but once they added a little more lemonade the drink was bearable. They have a nice Beer Garden area outside on a patio too. The Internet cost is $15 per day, a little steep, not sure why hotels charge this fee, especially when you pay as much as you do for the room itself.. If you go sit in their 2nd floor lobby or the restaurant, it was free. All around this hotel are restaurants and the subway station was only a couple of blocks away which made it easy to get around the city. Chinatown is close as well. Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was a treat from the moment I arrived. Great attention to service both in the hotel and the bar. Unlike many Manhattan hotels, the room was a good size and the bathroom was spectacular. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I would never ever stay here again and would not recommend it- the way they treated me was reprehensible. Kinda hilarious that after two phone calls with arrogant management personnel after my jewelry mysteriously disappeared, the fact that they solicited a review from me shows how disconnected they are from understanding they are in the "service " business.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Tammifrommiami
tgetzova, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Tammifrommiami,

I am personally, surprised to learn about this from reading your review. Security is very important to SIXTY Hotels; each of our rooms is equipped with safety deposit boxes, large enough to fit laptops and other items of financial and sentimental value. We also have security measures in place to log and note any items which may be left behind after a guest’s departure. Unfortunately, I do not show a security or police report on file to further reference your situation in advance of my reply. I invite you to reach out to me directly so I may find more details about your reservation. I will ensure to research this situation in more detail.

Tania Getzova

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the past 20 years, and I have to say this was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. The staff was fantastic and so welcoming and helpful. I was not sure what to expect as I have heard many things about New York City, but it was a great experience. If you are going to need a hotel room I would highly recommend Sixty LES.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert W,

On behalf of the entire team at Sixty LES, we would like to thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we are happy to read that you had such an enjoyable experience on your first trip to NYC. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Warm Regards,