SIXTY LES
Ranked #226 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed the Sixty Thompson LES hotel. This is my first time staying at this property and was excited to try it after many pleasant experiences at the original Sixty Thompson Hotel in Soho. Here are the wonderful things about this hotel:
1. Great customer service. The staff was kind, genuine, and thoughtful. They were also mature which is hard to find in NYC these days (not by age but by sophistication level.)
2. Blue Ribbon Sushi is AMAZING.
3. They feature complimentary Ren bath products in the hotel - which are all wonderful.
4. Clean rooms with a modern touch but are not trying to hit you over the head with a design concept.
5. Outdoor pool on the fourth floor.
6. Great location and next to a Whole Foods.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I finished our honeymoon trip at this hotel and stayed 2 nights. We enjoyed it. The hotel upgraded us and gave us some bubbly and chocolate to help us to celebrate, which was very kind of them. The room decor is cool, like the rest of the hotel, and the bathroom is small but high quality with a great shower.

Our room had a small balcony from which we could see both the Empire State and the Freedom Tower. The balcony runs the length of the hotel and my wife got a fright on the morning of our departure when a neighbour peered in through our window. So, keep your windows and balcony door locked.

WiFi is extra, which drives me crazy. However, there is an online Macbook and printer available to guests at no cost in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
tgetzova, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Stuart M,

From all of us here at SIXTY LES our warmest congratulations on your Honeymoon. We are very happy that you have chosen SIXTY LES for this special occasion. I am sorry if we have not shared with you upon your arrival that we offer complimentary Wifi in our Lobby, 2nd floor Lounge area and at the pool deck. We want to thank you for taking the time on sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we do look forward welcoming you back to SIXTY LES.

Kind Regards,
Tania Getzova

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is not only very hip, but the staff is extremely helpful. Within walking distance to SoHo shopping, this hotel is my new favorite. The location of this hotel is superb and is surrounded by unique nightlife and delicious cafés.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great service. All advise from staff was very helpful. Room styling was very nice. View of financial district was a was a nice bonus. I wish I had a chance to check out the amenities. Whole Foods and Subway are within 2 blocks.

Room Tip: Street side (West) has a nice view of financial district.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Second time at this hotel with a great location in the lower East Side. Close to Starbucks and good places to eat. The modern decor is very sleek and comfortable. Rated a 4 and not a 5 as I felt a bit of attitude from the front desk when I checked-in and again when I asked to be moved to a different floor. My room and floor smelled like cigarette smoke when I arrived and the elevator smelled of other smoke, which my daughter and her friends also detected. Other staff was very friendly, consistent with my last stay. Will probably try the new hotel in the LES 2 blocks away next time, but this is a solid hotel with a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff is very welcoming and accommodating- we requested a late check out last minute since we were enjoying the pool so much...and the front desk granted our wish! :). The location is fantastic & the beds are super comfortable. It has been a great treat to stay here for our anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is a one class act! From the moment they open the door for you to the minute you check out. I have stayed at many NY hotels before, but this one has been the nicest and biggest room I have stayed in. The room has a small area with a sofa and the beds are super comfortable, but practically sit on the floor. The bathroom actually has a little bit of counter space with a shelf below and the shower was updated, clean and had a wonderful rain shower faucet. The lights in the whole room were so cool, you had the option of dimming the lights and making as bright as you wanted. This is especially nice in the bathroom at 2 AM when you don't want the lights super bright. We ate at the restaurant which is a Sushi Restaurant. Very nice meal, a little pricey, but what isn't in NY. (We had 2 orders of California Rolls, Edame, and 2 drinks and cost $70!) I had a John Daly drink,(ice tea flavored vodka and lemonade) not the best that I've had, too strong, but once they added a little more lemonade the drink was bearable. They have a nice Beer Garden area outside on a patio too. The Internet cost is $15 per day, a little steep, not sure why hotels charge this fee, especially when you pay as much as you do for the room itself.. If you go sit in their 2nd floor lobby or the restaurant, it was free. All around this hotel are restaurants and the subway station was only a couple of blocks away which made it easy to get around the city. Chinatown is close as well. Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business