“Very cool hotel- nice location and friendly staff”
Review of SIXTY LES

SIXTY LES
Ranked #221 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This was our first stay at the Thompson. It was definitely as hip as it was conveyed on the web. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious- especially for NYC. We were treated very well by the desk staff- even though we had a very late arrival due to weather delays. When we arrived, we were upgraded to insure the floor we wanted and the bed type we requested. It was a great stay and the room and amenities were all in top notch working order. We had at least 9 good outlets in the room for charging, etc. so I was glad I didn't bring a "power strip" as some guests suggested. All in all, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 October 2010

My girlfriend and I were staying in NYC for my best friends wedding. First the good stuff. The hotel is in a good location if you are looking for a weekend in the Lower East Side. Loads of great bars (try the Double Crown) and great restaurants (Eight Mile Creek)

Now for the not so great stuff. We checked in at 6.30pm after flying in from London only to be told the room wasn't ready despite calling a week before and asking that everything was okay. We were offered a free drink at the bar, but really all I wanted was a shower before we went out! We were then shown our room and whilst it was clean and tidy, it stank of cigarette smoke. After more complaining the hotel eventually agreed to move us to another room.

Now for the critical stuff. We've stayed in NYC at loads of hotels previously and whilst this one was in a great place, it lacked any sense of charm. It's very cool, but very cold. The rooms were very small even by NYC standards and more could be had for the same money, (try Soho House or The Crosby) with exceptional service in comparison.
At Thompson LES we called for room service on the Sunday only to be told that the menu was very limited as it was a Sunday. This would be fine in a rural hotel in Spain, but not in NYC!

To end on a good note the bar on the 12th floor was good fun - loads of very cool people and the views uptown were great. Beyond that, not much to say really...there are of course loads of good bars in NY so don't let this tempt you.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dbalko
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I just stayed @ the thompson les this week for my girlfriends birthday. I booked a one room queen suite. When i was checking in the lady told me i had been upgraded to a corner king room w a balcony!

The rooms was AMAZING. The design and ambience was perfect. The view outside of the balcony was beautiful. I actually had 16 people over (not to sleep over) for my girlfriends birthday and everyone enjoyed.

The service was wonderful too. The employees were so respectful and helpfull. I thought they would be suspect when i was bringing cake and a party of people upstairs but they were totally okay with it.

The price of the room was expensive but it was totally worth it. Esp w my upgrade. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010
4  Thank Vincexchase
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I was just looking for a nice weekend getaway with some friends and someone recommended the Thompson LES hotel. From the moment I arrived the service was amazing! I was greeted at the curb by the bellman and was surprised that once I had arrived at the front desk, they already knew my name! Not only was the staff helpful in many ways but they were also pretty good looking. What made things even better was, they upgraded me to a king suite on the 15th floor with an amazing view and a massive terrace! I was also able to check out the bars in the hotel on the 2nd and 7th floor. We enjoyed them so much there was no need to leave the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will most certainly return for another weekend getaway.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank adgnyc
Reviewed 21 September 2010

The Thompson LES is a great hotel, we were greeted on the street by the bellhop, and the service was excellent from the minute we got there, to the minute we left! The room was perfectly clean, and the view from the 17th floor was stunning. The bathroom was great, and the shower to die for.
We wish we could stay for more than 2 nights!
Everything you need is close by, great food around Allen St and especially Katz's Deli. It's close to subway stations and cabs are just right outside.
This is a hotel we would return to if we could!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Spearshaker
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Have just returned from 3 nights at the Thompson LES. This was my second stay at the property and once again I was blown away by the great hospitality that I received from every one on their staff. Reservations took care of my requests for three rooms for myself and friends and family who were staying and went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met during a very busy Fashion Week.
Check in was quick and easy and our Thompson Suite could not have suited our needs better. This is a very "cool" and "edgy" hotel in a very cool and edgy part of Manhattan. It serves up it's hip factor in a very understated and suave way. As a guest you're treated with the respect and discretion that one would expect from such a place. I have stayed at many properties in Manhattan that claim to be the epitome of service, style and comfort and hands down the Thompson LES wins. I am happy to say that after the weekend experienced the Thompson LES is now my home away from home when I'm in New York city.

• Stayed: September 2010
4  Thank Jetsetting_man
Reviewed 3 September 2010

This place is a gem in one of the best neighborhoods in NYC. My wife and I needed a hotel last minute and we called directly to them and got a great price. Our room was big and had a large balcony overlooking the lower east side. It was amazing!!. We had lunch and drinks at the pool, watched the sunset from our balcony and had probably the best hotel experience we've ever had in NYC. The Staff was friendly and helpful and overall the experience was a real positive. This is coming from people who travel all over the world. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple