SIXTY LES
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Orchard Street Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
The Ridge Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Gatsby Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
Redford Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
PUBLIC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Sago Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Off Soho Suites(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
1,232 results
All reviewslower east sideblue ribbonallen streetkatz's delifloor to ceiling windowsoutdoor pooleast villagenew yorkking suitecool hotelrain showerbars and restaurantsfreedom towerwhole foodsthe penthousearound the corneran upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I enjoyed my one night stay at Thompson LES, though I wouldn't stay there again due to the fact there are better options out there for the money. While it definitely strives to be hip and cool, it lacks the warmth of other hip and trendy hotels such as W Union Square and Morgan’s.

First off, check-in. As far as service goes, the people at the check-in desk were the friendliest and most efficient. No problems there. The concierge desk was another story. I think Thompson was trying to hire smart, good looking student types, but they seemed like they didn’t really want to be at work and lacked some social and service skills that more experience concierges have mastered. In every encounter I had with them be it asking the best way to get to the airport or needing help printing a boarding pass, I felt they were anxious to get rid of me. Maybe they were, but a good concierge doesn’t let the customer know it. I’ve stayed at a enough hotels and in most cases, the concierges have exuded friendliness along with their professionalism.

The room itself was very comfortable. The lack of carpet, again, took away some warmth, but it also seemed cleaner without it. The views were outstanding, the bed was comfortable (very) and the flat screen TV was great with easy access to lots of good channels.

The bathroom was another story. It was small, very dark, didn’t have a lot of room to set things, and lacked a tub. The shower, once I figured out the settings, was pretty nice. However, unless you are okay with the water raining straight down on your head, it seems you have to hold the sprayer. But the biggest pet peeve – No shower cap! Luckily, I’d brought the one I asked for at the other hotel. I’ve mentioned the shower cap in reviews and am probably being nit-picky at this point, but still. It was an issue.
Okay, as you’ve probably guessed, no in-room coffee. A small pot brought to your room was $10.00. Not a bad deal, but not great. I guess it’s a lot cheaper and easier for a hotel to just leave coffee pots out of rooms, but it makes the ones who keep them in seem more luxurious.

The room service menu was great, but only if you like Asian food. It would have been nice to see a few more diverse items included in the menu. Something simple and healthy like a turkey sandwich would have been nice, but there was lots of sushi, noodle dishes and satay. Also, I didn’t see any wine by the glass. I understand a lot of hotels don’t have this, but why not? I’d rather pay $10 for one glass of wine than buy a $40 half bottle I’m not going to drink.

The location was pretty good if your plans include lots of bar hopping and clubbing, but if you love shopping and browsing around stores, it’s only good if the weather is good. The closest shopping area was half mile away, which doesn’t sound too far, but if it’s snowy and icy it’s far. If I were going to stay in that area again, I’d probably pick a hotel a little closer to the shops.

I really was excited about staying here and was hoping to give a 5 star review, but compared to the competition, this just wasn't 5 stars. I think they could easily fix the problems and make this hotel worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a night when in NYC for a wedding. It is absolutely gorgeous. We got a spacious suite with a living area, bedroom, showers with rain shower heads, and a seperate bath which was HUGE! The hotel was spotless and the amenities were higher-end products (I believe they were C.O Bigelow). The service was quick and the staff friendly. The decor was minimalist but very cool at the same time. The guest mini-bar had EVERYTHING you could possibly need! The location is on the lower East Side which was very convenient and near a lot of great spots, both within walking distance or a short cab ride. We went to Little Italy for dinner the night before the wedding and it was about a 5 minute cab ride. I hope to go back to the Thompson soon!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jilly_C10
Reviewed 16 January 2011

This hotel has a great location! Especially for all the bars and restaurants in Lower East Side and Nolita and the shopping in Soho. We had a double on the 15th floor and had views over southern Manhattan, from Downtown to Empire State. The room has a window from floor to ceiling, a modern bathroom and a nice bed. The interior of the hotel is however not as hip or modern as they would like it to be, slightly impersonal. The pool is probably great in the summer though!

We thought that the hotel was great value in a trendy location but would have wished for a slightly more personal style and free WiFi!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Thompson LES six or so times since it opened and have always been very pleased. Having lived in NYC for many years, we now call LA home but are back frequently for business and to visit friends. Here are the great things about the hotel: location (wonderful restaurants, shops and bars on literally every block), rooms (always clean, well-styled, comfortable beds and great toiletries) and the staff is wonderful. Here are the cons: it can be a noisy hotel depending on your floor, proximity to the elevator and night of the week. If you end up in a smaller room it can seem pricey for what you're getting. The surrounding neighborhood can turn into a hotbed of partying twenty-somethings on weekends. Great hotel for people who are more urban or artistically minded, but I wouldn't recommend it to my grandmother.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Stayed for a week here on a business trip. Location is fantastic. Staff were very friendly if a little unreliable (slow restaurant/breakfast service, plus a few late wake up calls). Had to change room after the first night because of terrible noise on the 7th floor where there is a very loud and slightly crap club/bar. After that the noise was fine, but other people said their rooms got a fair bit of noise. Room decor is dark and boutiquey (concrete ceilings and chain-mail curtains in room), but it's all new and comfy. It's pretty expensive though. Couldn't afford to stay here if i was paying. Also found the other clientele a bit annoying and try-hard. I guess i'm getting old.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business