“Always happy with this hotel”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #92 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Well, they did it again. This hotel is one of my favorites. Attentive to my needs, ready to help, gives that extra effort. From the front desk to the maids to the helpful doormen. Pleasantly surprised the doormen remembered me and welcomed me back after being away for two months.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

It is our pleasure to provide you with a great stay each time you return to New York. Thank you for your compliments of our associates and we look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,053)

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Our premium room with king size bed was large by NYC standards. Comfy bed and very quiet floor which was welcome after a horrendous drive and a 2hr. delay at the Lincoln Tunnel. Mayhem existed at the curb, which you couldn't get to, so we had to double park on the street where there was very little space left for everyone checking in. We didn't eat in their restaurant but did have light fare at the bar which was very good, before heading out into the city. The staff was very efficient and check-in was fast. This hotel is on Madison & 52nd., one block from St. Pat's and within walking distance to 5th Ave., Central Park and midtown. We've stayed here in the past and expect to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheNeen

We appreciate your review of the Omni Berkshire Place. We are delighted that we could provide you with a relaxing respite after a long traffic delay. It will be our pleasure to have you back as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I took my 10-year-old son to NYC, and this was the perfect hotel with the perfect location! We were able to walk easily to FAO Schwartz, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, the subway, great restaurants, etc. etc. etc! We even walked home (when no cabs would pick us up due to drizzle) from Broadway. 5th Avenue shopping and window shopping is a block away! The Empire State building was an inexpensive cab ride away. The room was clean and well kept. The staff was extremely friendly, the concierge was absolutely wonderful! I requested to stay on a higher level, since my son would have a hard time sleeping with traffic noise, and it was great. I had a delicious breakfast sandwich one morning as well. This hotel's location and service were impeccable!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

We are delighted to read that you and your son had a wonderful stay at the Omni Berkshire Place. Thank you for allowing us to read about your experience and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for a business trip and thought it was a nice hotel, but not worth the $ 600/night. Would definitely stay there again for business, as it´ss practical, but maybe not for vacation, as for a bit more you get a much bigger room in NY Palace.

Pros: Very well located. Clean, comfortable room, excellent bed and staff is helpful. Cons: A bit noisy at night, small room, very small closet. Buffet breakfasts is very good , but a bit expensive (as in all nice hotels in NYC).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank marceloRioDeJaneiro

Thank you for reviewing the Omni Berkshire Place. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We only stayed here one night on the way back from a cruise on the Queen Mary 2, so we didn't get a lot of experience with it but we loved it for our one night. Although I am only Platinum (2nd level) in the Omni loyalty program, we were upgraded to a suite for the night. It was beautiful! Big sitting area with granite counters, separate bedroom with king bed and big closet, very nice and big marble bathroom. Service was great - fast check-in, great bell service storing our bags until check-in. The lobby had a nice sitting area (I usually wonder why anyone cares about this but we sat there waiting to meet someone there so it was useful in this case). Location was great.

NYC itself was sweltering in July to the point where none of us wanted to be walking around. I wouldn't recommend a walking trip in July if you don't have to go then.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us for a night following your cruise. We are glad you enjoyed what time you had with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Oh yes, the Omni Berkshire is always the nicely appointed accommodation of choice when I am traveling on business in New York. Not that I really have a choice since it just seems to land on a lot of companies' short list of places to stay when you accompany your boss. It's happened to me about three times with three different bosses at three different companies. I think I just realized that the Omni may be my one thread of consistency throughout my checkered corporate career. After all, jobs will come and jobs will go, but the Omni will always be there waiting for my next career move. Whoa, let me think about that one. Mind if I have a seat while I contemplate the sudden revelation that my career consists of a series of bookings at the Omni?

In fact, mind if I just book a deluxe room with a King bed because that's what I usually get at my level (see photo). And always with those canisters of Pringles and bags of M&M's in the wet bar that I don't want to show up on my expense report as I don't want people thinking I spend all evening eating Pringles and M&M's. But what else am I supposed to do if I have a free Pay-Per-View movie on? Munch on my down pillow? I digress. The hotel is old-style sleek, quite comfortable but not off-putting. It's the perfect Midtown East location for its proximity for all the various company offices I've had to visit. Yet for all its amenities, I have to admit I don't think I'd come here unless I had an expense account. A deluxe room runs over $300 per night during the off season.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Loyalty Program for extra amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed_Uyeshima

We are glad we could be the one consistency between your jobs over the years and we are happy that we have had the opportunity to welcome you back time and time again. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

THis tiny but well appointed hotel was just a perfect spot for my seminar last week. The rooms are wonderful by NY standards and very convenient to shopping and dining. The staff is vey accomodating. The meeting rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sreisinger

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Omni Berkshire Place!