“Wonderful Hotel, Excellent Service”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #98 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our convention moved here two years ago and I think I have a new favorite hotel in NYC. The team that works here go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a wonderful one. They are so sweet to the kids and John, the door man is an absolute treat to see! He even remembered my nephew's name (a year later) and it absolutely made my nephew's day!
He was wonderful with advice on who had the best coffee and what places were great for kids to eat and be able to relax and enjoy.
The beds are beyond comfortable and I honestly wish I could've taken my pillow from my room with me!!! I was in room 2317! Great bed and pillows! I am not a great sleeper and had absolutely wonderful night's sleep all three nights we were there!
Although the rooms are a tad on the small side and I faced another wall of rooms, I honestly don't mind because the rooms are clean, the staff is nice and it's a great place to have a meeting. We look forward to our meeting here next year and any trips in between.

Room Tip: Hi floor room with view down Madison Ave

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Overall this hotel was wonderful and the staff went above and beyond to ensure guests' needs were met. MY only disappointment was check-out with the valet service. The valet was given our parking slip but never rang it in and it took an hour for our car to be brought around.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Love the Omni Berkshire and have stayed there on multiple occasions over the past 20 years. The hotel is consistently updated and well maintained with professional, courteous staff who provide gracious, efficient service. The hotel is well located in the heart of Manhattan and appeals to couples and families alike. Highly recommended. Upper floors and courtyard rooms/suites are quieter. There are 21 floors, which is not as tall as other NYC buildings, so no really fabulous views.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

At first I thought this hotel was a little pricey, but it was worth every penny. The staff was friendly and took care of every request we had. We never had to wait more than 30 seconds for the elevator and took advantage of free printing services in their business center for our theater tickets and boarding passes. We requested a higher level room and that was honored. Also did a Elves and Eggnog package which included breakfast each morning. We were surprised at how inclusive the meal was and really added value to our stay. It also included an eggnog beverage each night, but neither of us drink eggnog. The manager was kind enough to let us choose a different cocktail each night. I can't find anything to complain about with our stay. Location was fabulous for theaters and shopping and going to Rock Center. I would certainly go back and recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013

First, the location is excellent. It is easy to get anywhere in midtown from this location. We upgraded to a bit of a larger room and we were very happy with the size of the room, the quality, cleanliness and amenities. We were on a higher floor so did not hear much traffic at all. We were across from the room where housekeeping stores supplies. We did hear doors opening and closing as a result. We did not partake of the restaurant, however, there is a great little deli/restaurant across the street for breakfast called Isadora's. Good food, cheap and they are friendly and accomodating. I would defintitely stay at this hotel anytime I am in NY!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Quick check-in. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room. Great location. I would stay there again. Only tiny downside is there is no coffee machine in the room. The room service food was very good. Try the onion soup.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel during the Christmas Tree lighting week at the Rockefeller Center so the rate was skyrocked and almost doubled the rate 6 weeks before when another friend stayed. This is the first time for me so from the price I was expecting something fancier. The reception lobby was a mere 3.5 star. There were painted columns instead of marble covered. The reception counter was tiny and the wooden backdrop with hotel logo was old and chipped..

But the service was nice and smooth, there was no forced concierge service which was appreciated. The room was much better than the reception lobby. Spacious and clean. The bathroom was in an old style with brown/ yellowish marble finishing but it's clean. The $4.5/day high speed internet charge was reasonable, as i was reminded by the check in lady to register as an Omni member for free to get this discounted rate, which was appreciated. The bar has a good vibe in the evening with patrons from outside the hotel as well. Didn't try the restaurant but eat many times at the Olive and Fig across the street which was excellent.

May be it's an American thing, but it would be really good if they put a sign in the bathroom to remind the guests that if they wanted the towels to be replaced, they just throw them in the tub otherwise they won't. It's such a distaster to the environment to replace 6 towels per person everyday! I didn't allow cleaning service for the 4 days I stayed anyway as the 6 towels served me ok. Overall is a good hotel at a great location and I will definitely return.