“Great staff and location”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #104 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Granite Falls NC
“Great staff and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were so pleased with our stay April 2014 with Omni Berkshire. The staff are top notch and accommodate their customers. The location is very close to many sights within walking distance. The doormen are great to help you find good places to eat. Comfortable rooms. TV service could be better. Go online to join their select guest program to get free bottled water and some internet service at no costs. This I feel should be no charge so photos and larger files can be downloaded to share.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We appreciate all of your complimentary comments and are glad you enjoyed your time with us. If you return to New York City, we hope that you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Turkish first
Devonshire, Bermuda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great Location, doormen and concierge very friendly and helpful.. BUT that is where it ended, we didn't get the room booked got a smaller one and when questioned, the response was feeble, bathroom dirty, pubic hairs still to be seen, bed cover was dirty and smelt and not to mention the carpet. Two small pillows only on bed. Paid $50 for the cheese experience, actual market value of cheese $9.00, a small piece of Gouda and Brie and a bunch of sell-by-date grapes, not a welcome I would wish on any couple trying have a first romantic weekend together

2 Thank Thomas B
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was trying to book my first trip to NYC. I looked at several hotels with their reviews and had a hard time finding something relatively cheap but decent. I then came across Omni. The packages they offered were great. I booked the room and went down. We arrived and I was amazed. The staff was so friendly and accommodating to us. Even other guests in the hotel were pleasant. Everything in the room was great and just as described. I wish that we had a better view but that's ok. We will be booking with Omni again!!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your trip to NYC. Thank you for sharing your complimentary review and we hope you will return soon.
Media, PA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Omni Berkshire is a delightful haven in busy midtown. Very conveniently located, very nice facilities with clean, attractively furnished and quite large rooms. Walking distance to many attractions and subways. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are thrilled to read that the Omni Berkshire Place was a haven for you during your travels to Manhattan. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very accommodating for last minute trip. Good location and responsive staff. Deluxe room a little. too small. Restaurant was average. Would stay again but prefer a few other hotels in NYC for better rooms

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 3 nights for our one year anniversary. First let me start off by saying.. location, location, location. The hotel itself is located on 52nd St between Madison Ave and 5th Ave. You literally walk right out of the hotel into NYC's premier shopping district. You can take a short walk to central park. A 15 min walk or short cab ride to Times Square and the Theater District. The hotel has a very friendly staff from the bellhops to the concierge. Also very nice interior from the white marble floors in the lobby, to the small chandeliers that line the hallway. Rooms are very comfy with flat-screen tv's, and plush beds. The rooms also come stocked with a mini bar and other items. The hotel does feature a nice restaurant which is a bit pricey. We only stopped in for a cocktail one night so I cannot vouch for the food. All in all this was a very pleasant stay, and I would stay here again.

2 Thank RebelKB475
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We are delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Omni Berkshire Place. Thank you for your review and we hope you will return soon.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I planned a trip for my wfie and daughter to visit New York for my daughter's 21st birthday. I booked them at the Omni because this is where I often stay on business and have always received impeccable service. I contacted the Concierge, Chat Dorough, and she was amazing. I asked her to set something special up for my daughter for her birthday and I cannot tell you how pleased I am not only with the surprise that Chat arranged but also with how prompt she was in responding to my requests and how pleasant she is to deal with. My wife and daughter love the hotel and their room. They tell me it is very nicely appointed and they enjoy the room and the beds and all of the accommodations, but they also have told me that everyone at the Omni is incredibly pleasant and that this fact alone has made their entire trip worthwhile. They also tell me the location is absolutely perfect. The General Manager, Scott Griffith, also provides a high level of service and obviously he has a great support team. I do not write many reviews. There may be fancier hotels in New York but for me it is the service that matters most and you cannot go wrong at the Omni. We will always stay here when visiting New York.

1 Thank DavidTinSB