“Better than expected”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #98 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was trying to book my first trip to NYC. I looked at several hotels with their reviews and had a hard time finding something relatively cheap but decent. I then came across Omni. The packages they offered were great. I booked the room and went down. We arrived and I was amazed. The staff was so friendly and accommodating to us. Even other guests in the hotel were pleasant. Everything in the room was great and just as described. I wish that we had a better view but that's ok. We will be booking with Omni again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your trip to NYC. Thank you for sharing your complimentary review and we hope you will return soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,130)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Omni Berkshire is a delightful haven in busy midtown. Very conveniently located, very nice facilities with clean, attractively furnished and quite large rooms. Walking distance to many attractions and subways. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are thrilled to read that the Omni Berkshire Place was a haven for you during your travels to Manhattan. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very accommodating for last minute trip. Good location and responsive staff. Deluxe room a little. too small. Restaurant was average. Would stay again but prefer a few other hotels in NYC for better rooms

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 3 nights for our one year anniversary. First let me start off by saying.. location, location, location. The hotel itself is located on 52nd St between Madison Ave and 5th Ave. You literally walk right out of the hotel into NYC's premier shopping district. You can take a short walk to central park. A 15 min walk or short cab ride to Times Square and the Theater District. The hotel has a very friendly staff from the bellhops to the concierge. Also very nice interior from the white marble floors in the lobby, to the small chandeliers that line the hallway. Rooms are very comfy with flat-screen tv's, and plush beds. The rooms also come stocked with a mini bar and other items. The hotel does feature a nice restaurant which is a bit pricey. We only stopped in for a cocktail one night so I cannot vouch for the food. All in all this was a very pleasant stay, and I would stay here again.

2  Thank RebelKB475
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We are delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Omni Berkshire Place. Thank you for your review and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I planned a trip for my wfie and daughter to visit New York for my daughter's 21st birthday. I booked them at the Omni because this is where I often stay on business and have always received impeccable service. I contacted the Concierge, Chat Dorough, and she was amazing. I asked her to set something special up for my daughter for her birthday and I cannot tell you how pleased I am not only with the surprise that Chat arranged but also with how prompt she was in responding to my requests and how pleasant she is to deal with. My wife and daughter love the hotel and their room. They tell me it is very nicely appointed and they enjoy the room and the beds and all of the accommodations, but they also have told me that everyone at the Omni is incredibly pleasant and that this fact alone has made their entire trip worthwhile. They also tell me the location is absolutely perfect. The General Manager, Scott Griffith, also provides a high level of service and obviously he has a great support team. I do not write many reviews. There may be fancier hotels in New York but for me it is the service that matters most and you cannot go wrong at the Omni. We will always stay here when visiting New York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidTinSB
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very clean, quiet and functional. Great beds and linens, in impeccable condition. Although I got a premiere room, it was not fit for two, not because of size, but of absurdly small closet, few furniture, one robe, etc. Also a little lean on amenities for business travel. Small and very simple public spaces. Staff very nice and helpful.
So bottom line, perfect and great value for a solo biz trip. Do sign up for their rewards program, awesome perks!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago and liked our visit then well enough to return. Since I was also visiting Chicago and Philadelphia on this trip I joined the Special Guest program. Got free wifi and coffee delivered to our room each morning. We asked for half decaf and half regular and got it!
The location is great, one block from 5th Ave. around the corner from St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Rockefeller Center. There was one small charge on our bill ($8) that I questioned and it was taken off by the time we checked out. The doormen got cabs to appear at rush hour! We will definitely return.