I stayed here for one night with my gf. I have both positive and negative experience. Let me start off with the negative experience.
The night-shift front desk personnel was rude and did not want to be interrupted. I understand that he was training another personnel, but it is also his job to be helpful. It was like ~1am and water was draining extremely slow in the shower. Let me be clear that this problem should never happened at the first place. Anyway, I went to the front desk to report this problem. However, the front desk personnel did not want to be interrupted and simply told me to dial 0. This treatment was unacceptable, especially I was already at the front desk. I expect Omni's staffs to be more professional than telling guests to dial 0 for problems that should have never occurred at the first place. In frustration, I ended up going back to my room and dialed 0. The maintenance personnel came within 15 minutes. He fixed the slow shower drain problem by pulling out ridiculous amount of hair from the drain. This routine maintenance should have done periodically so that guests like me do not have to stay up to wait for problems to be fixed. This event made the stay quite a disappointing experience.
The rest of the stay was relatively good. Check-in and check-out were fast, and the staffs were friendly. The morning beverages was nice, but the staffs did forget the orange juices initially. The gym was good, but keep in mind that dumbbells only go up to 50lbs. Location is awesome. It is next to MoMA and only a short walk to Times Square.
Overall, I would say this hotel deserves a 5, but only after it does a better job on routine maintenance and keeping all of its staffs at certain professional level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience enviable luxury at the Omni Berkshire Place located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Stay just steps from some of New York City's most notable attractions including Fifth Avenue Shopping, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Broadway Theatres, and Times Square. Modern Technology and fresh contemporary decor are brought together for accommodations that embrace the look and feel of an Upper East Side residence. Luxury guestrooms combined with the renowned service and amenities make the Omni Berkshire Place an ideal destination for both business or leisure travelers looking to experience the excitement of Midtown Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Omni Berkshire Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City
- Omni Hotel Berkshire Place
- Omni New York City
- New York City Omni
- Omni Berkshire New York