“Spacious”

Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Garner, North Carolina
“Spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

A one bedroom for an affordable price within walking distance of Central Park South. This hotel is quite a find.

Our room was clean, spacious, and there was very little traffic noise. The staff were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Wendy S,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very positive comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We live in NJ and often go to the city and back the same day. We wanted to go somewhere nice for our anniversary to eat and decided to stay the night in the city. I read a lot of reviews and picked the Fitzpatrick because it was a boutique hotel that wasn't too big like some of the chains and it was in a good location at a reasonable price for NYC.

The place met my reasonably high expectations. I requested a quiet room and Peter found me a quiet room. We were actually able to check in a little early. The room was clean and a decent size for NYC. There was a little fridge and coffee area, which was nice. We used it for sodas and waters. The bed was very comfortable.

We went to the bar and the bartender was nice as well. I also ordered breakfasf from room service and it was efficient and decent food.

In summary, I would highly recommend the FitzPatrick Manhattan. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Slp0704,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very positive comments.

Lumberton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just spent the night at the Fitzpatrick after a day of sightseeing and biking through Central Park. The room was extremely clean (means the most to me), and we had plenty of room in the one-bedroom suite. The people who work there were friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to Central Park and a subway stop two blocks away can take you anywhere else in the city. I will stay at the Fizpatrick again.

Room Tip: High up and in the back to escape the noise level of Lexington Avenue.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear TessLumberton,

I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the team will be thrilled to learn of this. The hotel is close to Central Park and I am glad to see that you enjoyed some of its wonderful offerings.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I got married in New York and decided, along with 40 friends and family from Ireland to stay in Fitzpatricks Manhattan. It started with the hotel looking after us in one of the best hotel rooms I have ever seen and a bottle of bubbly and only got better. The staff were exceptional and a message of congratulations from the owner was a wonderful touch but a special mention is warranted for Ciaran whose front of house. The day of my wedding, my bridesmaid asked me if we had arranged his help to co-ordinate the occasion, that's how good he was! A last minte stain was spotted by a guest, he was on hand with the club soda. Flowers and messages arrived in the chaos, Ciaran was there to open the champers and get boutieniers to the groomsmen. A glittering future in wedding planning awaits him should he ever choose it! The service overall was exceptional and all forty guests left the hotel with glowing reviews. It offers a sense of community and a personal touch in midtown luxury. I would recommend this hotel to friends for any sort of event or holiday. I want to finish with again thanking Ciaran for his help and exceptional level of care he offered all of our guests during the week.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Orlaith F,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

On behalf of the team thank you for staying at the hotel on what I know is one of the most important days in your life and I am delighted that Ciaran could play a small part in making sure it was a success for you.

I know that all in the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Special weekend trip with my parents. I had called ahead to say that we would be arriving early, as I pulled up the doorman opened the door and said my name.....seriously when does that happen?? That set the tone for a fantastic weekend. When it started to rain Ciaran grabbed some umbrellas for us and stood in the middle of the street to hail a cab. Ciaran, Chris and the New Yorker who worked at the desk were terrific. The General Manager was there on Saturday morning chatting to all and sundry. Really is a blast from the past , where I experienced true Irish hospitality in the middle of Manhatten.....would strongly reccomend, you are not a number here. Big thank you to all for making my weekend special.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Collen,

I am thrilled that your parents and yourself enjoyed the hotel and I know that the staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We spent 2 nights here and really enjoyed the fantastic location. Not to diminish the hotel itself, which was 5 stars, it was a great change from one of the mega hotels we have often stayed at in NYC. Central Park and Broadway are both nearby, oh and the staff was excellent. Our new NYC hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear JackAlsace73,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you for the very positive comments in relation to your stay at the hotel.

I will make the team aware of your kind words and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of same.

I look forward to welcoming you to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fitzparick during a recent weekend trip to the city. Our experience was fantastic! The service was great and the hotel impeccable. Chris, Chris and Leo were helpful, polite and very accommodating. We could not have asked for more. The room was clean, quite and huge! The hotel's location allowed us the ability to walk everywhere we were interested in going (Time Square area and Central Park). We will stay there again. This was by far one of the best overall hotel experiences we have ever had!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank FrontFamily
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear FrontFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know the team will be thrilled to read your very kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the near future.