“Pleasant hotel. Good sized rooms.”

Ranked #44 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Recently stayed here for a Holiday function in the city. The hotel is very comfortable and the staff was super efficient and friendly. I am first generation Irish, so I may be a bit biased but it felt very much like a nicer Dublin hotel. Genuine Irish hospitality.

Only complaint would be the full Irish breakfast. I didn't think it was very good, even by US standards. Kind of surprising because there are other spots in NYC that do a good full Irish.

All the same, room was very large, clean, well appointed. Styling was very classic, but not out dated. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank smeyler
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Smeyler,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the team to be excellent. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words. I have taken onboard your comment with regard to breakfast.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed here a few months ago and all I can say is Wow!! This is home away from home in a big city. The staff are so nice and we always looked forward to coming in from a busy day in Manhattan to a warm welcome and a chat about our day to all the staff, the actual Irish tea is great aswel.
The room was a perfect size and are so clean. We had breakfast most mornings and dinner two nights and every time it was brilliant!
Can't say enough about the Fitzpatrick's team, such warm and kind staff, you really made our stay in NYC fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aw1111

Dear Aw111,

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Great location at a fair bargain. Staff very willing to serve and help- with pleasant dispositions. No designated public computer/printer but they more than willingly allowed me to use the consierge station. The self-proclaimed best in NYC Irish breakfast came with 3 different types of sausage plus "irish bacon" what I know as ham, and grilled, out of season, tomato. Ours was a last minute mid December visit but we were able to reserve a nice room at a very reasonable rate especially given the high rates charged at many comparable hotels during the shopping season. You have to request ice be delivered, for which I feel compelled to tip, and you have to pay $14.95 per day for ATT provided WiFi. Valet parking only $10 more than the surrounding rate but again another gratuity seemed appropriate which was well deserved by the bellman on duty when we arrived; but not deserved when departing. Even though we were checking out early and called the front desk the requested amount of time before coming down to check out, we had an interminable wait for the one valet to run back and forth to the parking facility while four dudes took turns opening the door for people leaving for a day in the city. It was nice to be able to borrow umbrellas in the lobby as well as have one provided in your room closet for your use if needed. My wife did not like the ceiling mounted shower but loved the included access to a nice athletic club a couple blocks away. Pack appropriate winter outer wear for the rainy, cold and windy winter walk in the city.

We love going for long weekends in Manhattan and have been able to stay at many different establishments, some of which I have reviewed here. The Fitpatrick Manhattan is a must if you are travelling from Ireland or of Irish heritage but I have to rate it as a wonderful average NYC hotel. The standard is nicely high in the world's greatest city.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street :- 0
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrPaul92

Dear Dr. Paul 92,

The WiFi is currently provided by an external provider and once that contract expires I will certainly explore other alternatives in relation to the cost of the service.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the team to be excellent. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Chris, I can't say enough about this hotel. Wonderfully welcoming and helpful staff. Upgraded to suite upon arrival with complimentary champagne. Beautiful food. Lively bar. Nothing is too much to ask for in this hotel. Every staff memeber was so friendly and helpful with any question regarding bookings, advice for restaurants, directions, dietary requirement specifics. Just perfect. Thanks for making this holiday one to remember. I will definitely book this hotel again, definitely.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Tiarnan O,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know the team will be thrilled to learn that you had a fantastic time with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Upon check in, we were upgraded to a Presidential Suite!! What a beautiful room. Fresh fruit and bottled sparkling water awaited us. Huge room for NYC standards and bathroom was so beautiful and clean. Excellent shower pressure and hot. Beds were very comfortable and even had evening turndown service that made up the sofa bed for my son. Room also had wet bar and multiple spacious closets. Would definately stay here again. Will not dissapoint!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Terbo 02,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

For an Irish traveller, or for anyone else, Fitzpatricks is a great choice. There is a genuine Irish feel to the hotel and the management are excellent. The location is great and within minutes of downtown Manhattan. The standard rooms are small, but no smaller than a standard room in any big city. The lobby and bar are smaller than most hotels, but sufficient. For a foreigner going to New York, you wont go wrong with Fitzpatricks.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Johnmfenit,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I appreciate you doing so.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick over Thanksgiving and truly enjoyed our visit. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the room was comfortably furnished. Although the hotel is older, the decor and bathrooms are very modern and stylish.

The only reason I would think twice about staying here or suggesting it to a friend was the temperature. As an older hotel, only the heater is available during the winter. The common areas (hallways etc) are kept very very warm, so even though the system was off in our room, it was still so hot it was hard for us to sleep. We had the windows open but couldn't get a breeze. Some people would probably really like the temperature, but if you prefer a cooler room you may want to look somewhere else during the winter.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank txtraveler01
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear txtraveler01,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the team to be both helpful and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your positive review. I note your comments in relation to the heat and will have our engineers look into this.