“Brilliant hotel”

Ranked #42 of 467 Hotels in New York City
UK
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago.
We stayed at Fitzpatrick Grand Central last year and as no rooms were available there we chose this one.
Service is second to none. One one occasion we got back late afternoon and it was hot. The concierge brought us glasses of iced water as we walked in.
The suite we had was spacious and had 2 walk in wardrobes, a small kitchen area with a fridge and a separate large lounge area with a second television.
We had breakfast each morning and ate on 2 evenings in the restaurant. Food and service was very good and well priced.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear AlanUK1,

Thank you for posting your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words. Thank you for staying with us last year in our sister property at Grand Central.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location for seeing the sites of New York. Only a short walk from Broadway, times Square 5th Avenue etc. The staff are friendly and welcoming, we received a complimentary bottle of champagne from the hotel as we were celebrating our honeymoon. The rooms are spacious and the beds are big and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thecrazy88
Dear Thecrazy88,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i certainly apprecaite you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Thank you for staying with us on your very special occassion and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Lincolnshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We felt very smug having found this lovely hotel in New York. We were In NY for 4 nights from the UK at the beginning of a touring holiday of New England and wanted somewhere fairly central but not too big. We found it in this hotel.

From the very beginning, the staff were very polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They remained so throughout our stay and added to the experience. Of particular assistance was a charming young man, not too long over from Ireland on a year's experience training, who went out of his way on several occasions to answer questions or find any answers he did not know.

The room was not overly large but completely adequate in size, and finished off in a very pleasing manner. It was comparatively quiet for central NY, but the downside of this was that there was not a view from the window as it was away from the street. The location was very central for our needs, with Madison and 5th Avenues a block or two away. Bloomingdales was one block away.

The restaurant offered very good breakfasts, at a competitive price for NY. We did not eat here otherwise as NY offers great temptations of every eating kind.

Would we stay here again? Most certainly yes the next time we are in NY, which hopefully will not be that long.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward tend to be quieter, although you loose the view. Better that as you can get out...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanS7
Dear JanS7,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for decding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Romford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My parents and I stayed here for a week at the end of May for my sister's wedding. We were generally very pleased with our stay. The hotel gave a real traditional feel which was nice and all of the workers were very helpful with all of our enquiries. We stayed in a suite as there were 3 of us. My parents had a large bedroom with a huge bed and ensuite and I had a large sofabed in a separate living room with a tv etc which was very comfortable. The location was very good - it is very close to all of the connections needed to get around the city. The only downside (which wasn't the hotel's fault) was that we had 3 seasons within 1 week in Manhattan and when it was absolutely freezing (yes, even in May!), the hotel couldn't provide any heating as they alternate between heating and air conditioning depending on the seasons. They did, however, give us a small heater to help us get through the first couple of nights.
The food in the bar was kind of expensive too, but no-one really wants to eat in the hotels anyway :-)
I would recommend a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma P
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Emma P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel with your parents and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Indeed unfortunately this May we did have the change in seasons which does make the changeover from heat to a/c and back very difficult but I am glad that the team provided at least a heater.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here for a few days break while attending a wedding in New York. The hotel is in a fantastic location and the staff could not be any friendlier and are willing to go the extra mile helping with anything needed. Our room was a suite with a separate living area and we found it a little dated and in need of an upgrade. It wasn't terribly good value versus similar rooms in other hotels around the city. The lifts also seemed to take an eternity to arrive!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Adam R,

I am delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and willing to go the extra mile. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

If you are visiting New York in the future, please contact me personally and I will take care of the arrangements for you personally.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in May and we liked it a lot. The staff were very friendly and helpful. we were given a complementary bottle of Champagne as it was our anniversary. The room was really a suite, décor is a little tired but otherwise OK. The food was a bit on the expensive side but that goes for New York as a whole. The location is good, well placed for all the main sites but far enough away not to be noisy at night. We would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard C,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found that the team were friendly and helpful. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us on your anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We were booked into the Fitzpatrick Grand Central but due to them checking someone else into our room we were taxied across to the the Manhattan, so not the best start to our stay! We were quickly checked in and then told that due to the inconvenience we had been upgraded to a suite. The suite itself was a large, comfortable living room, a small room with a sink and fridge, large bedroom with walk in cupboard, and bathroom. Our only criticism of the room was the air con was just too cold, even if on the warmest setting the room was instantly very cold, if we turned it off the room was very warm, so we just tried to alternate between off and on.

The hotel was in an ideal location for us, close to Central Park and within walking distance of almost everything else that we wanted to do and had lots of restaurants and shops on the doorstep.

The only thing we didn't like was the charge for wifi, but the hotel is surrounded by places that offer free wifi so it wasn't a big issue.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again if ever in New York again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Alasdark,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and am sorry that you found the room a little cold from the aircon.

I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your review and thank you for the positive comments. On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.