“Average!”

Ranked #47 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Visited in April for business, but must say it is well overpriced for it is. You can probably get executive or club room elsewhere for even lower price. However, well located for shopping, rooms are spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly, very efficiently sorted out my parcels that I had delivered to the hotel. Not much to add really. I wouldn't choose it for my holiday mainly down to the high rates

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Olik0902,

I was delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and whenever you are planning your next visit to New York please contact me directly at scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com so that I may assist you directly.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just back from a four day stay. The only problem I had was that I had to share a bed with my daughter. The hotel was close to everywhere and the subway was just a five minute walk. All the staff were really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Angelamc75,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff really helpful. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your ind comment.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am writing the review on behalf of my mother in law who has just returned from her 60th birthday trip that was organised by myself and her family. It was a four night trip for herself and her best friend. On arrival there was a slight issue with the room as there was only 1 king bed and although they are best friends they were not prepared to share a bed for 4 days after specifically requesting twin beds on booking.The matter was dealt with in a really professional manner and the manager Chris took charge of the matter himself. He sent the ladies to the bar for a complimentary drink whilst they sourced a room that fit the ladies requirements. This was swift and painless and within the hour the ladies were settling into they new room which just happened to be a wonderful suite. Chris also provided breakfast for the ladies for the duration of their stay as means of apology for the mix up and a bottle of bubbly which they didn't end up availing of!!! They had the most amazing stay and said all staff could not have been nicer and made their trip, It was a first time trip for both without their partners so as a family we were relieved to know that ther were well looked after and escorted from their taxi to reception safely each night by the wonderful doorstaff. Both women sang Chris's praises and being Irish we as only for a professional and friendly apporoach to hospitality and he has both in abundance. Many thanks to all in Fitzpatricks Manhattan and myself and my partner are counting the days until we arrive at your doors on December 18th 2013 for a special Christmas anniversay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenShannon81

Dear Jen Shannon81,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel was conveniently located within distance of most venues. I classify this as a boutique hotel. The staff was very accommodating. We were given a room that we felt was too small and they gave us a suite at a reasonable charge. A reasonable price for Manhattan.

Room Tip: Go for the suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Middlejoe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certianly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff very accommading. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the FItzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Shane Cooman

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I like small hotels, and this one couldn't be cozier or friendlier. The room was a decent size, attractive with traditional design, clean and quiet and the location is good. The bathroom shower head was the only inconvenience I can think of (overhead and not adjustable) but that was minor.
The staff was always ready with a smile and offers to be helpful and it was fun to hear Irish accents from both staff and other guests. A bit expensive and difficult to find better rates online, but I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Francenut,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the staff to be very helpful. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

From the outside, I wasn't quite sure if I made the right decision (because it was a small boutique hotel compared to what I am used to) but as soon as I walked into the lobby, The Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel exceeded my expectations!! It was my birthday so they upgraded my room to a suite at no extra charge. The room was so lovely and CLEAN!!! There was fresh fruit waiting in the room. Everyone who works at the hotel couldn't be nicer or more accommodating!!! They turn down your bed at night, leave slippers, bathrobe and chocolates by your bed!!! Can you imagine!! I would highly recommend this hotel and would rather stay here than a Marriott!!!

Room Tip: The suite was perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy P

Dear Kathy P,

I was delighted to read that you found the team excellent and I know that they were thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The reception is very friendly in an oirish kind of way. There are Tayto crisps in the bar. It is buzzy, but not chic. Rooms are small, clean, and well-equipped. The location is very good. It was easy to reach from the airport. I took a bus and the driver was very familiar with the hotel. The lobby is small; food in the bar was very basic.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A H

Dear AH,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team was thrilled to learn of your kind comments.