“fantastic!”

Ranked #48 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 January 2014

we stayed here right after new years with our two children. Because it is a small hotel you dont have to queue forever to check in, or wait endlessly for lifts!It has a very stylish intimate feel, but not at all stuffy - We booked a suite which is perfect for families - large bedroom with two double beds, large sitting room, spotlessly clean and plenty of space - very unusual in new york!!! About an hour after we arrived our toilet overflowed - we rang reception and within minutes they had someone up to fix it - unfortunately the carpet in the bedroom became quite wet - i mentioned this to reception and they immediately offered us a new suite and had all our luggage moved. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful. The bar is really nice and although we didnt eat in the restaurant the cocktails and guinness were excellent! the hotel location is brilliant - walking distance to 5th avenue, bloomingdales and central park. Being on lexington avenue there is quite a lot of noise at night from sirens and trucks on the street, but thats to be expected. There is a little australian coffee shop - little collins just up the street to the left which serves fantastic breakfast and lunch and great coffee at very reasonable prices!. We had a wonderful stay at fitzpatricks, would highly recommend it, only hope we can go back soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank andrea T
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Andrea T,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the overflowing toilet but am happy that the team at the hotel recitified the issue immediately for you and your family.

I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick Hotel for 5 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted at the taxi and helped with our bags. Check in was quick and welcoming, we were shown to our room which was a suite (Free upgrade). The room was big with lots of space, a very comfortable bed and everything we could possibly needed. The room was very quiet as it was at the back of the hotel which suited us perfectly. The location is perfect within walking distance to the E train which takes you downtown. Central Parc, 5th avenue and Bloomingdales are within walking distance. The staff were really helpful and couldn't do enough to help. I would 100% recommend this hotel and stay here again. We had an excellent stay, Thank you to all at the Fitzpatrick.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Deg24,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed celebrating your wedding anniversary at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here from 30/12/2013 - 05/01/2014 and we couldn't of asked for more from a Hotel.
When we got to the room in the 30th we used the shower in the en suite but it wasn't draining properly so we called reception and with in about 15 mins some one was up to fix it. Whilst in the same room there was an issue with the toilet we contacted reception again and it was fixed as we had to call about this twice straight after the second occasion the reception manager called to apologise and asked if we would like to move rooms, we only had 2 nights left so jokingly I said if we had a better view we will move. She said there would be no issues if we packed up they would move the bags to a better room whilst we were out for the day and when we returned our things had been moved to a suite.
I thought our initial room which was a bed room with large bed, desk, tv, en suite with a shower was lovely but the suite was beautiful. It had a small kitchen style area with a fridge and coffee machine. There was a living room with large Tv and coffee table along with a desk. Bedroom with king size bed and en suite with bath and shower. Both rooms had a large wardrobe in them.
Due to the weather being so cold there was Maintenance work being done on some piping so the water had to be turned off but we were provided with bottled water at no extra cost.
The suite had a better view over the Main Street but I have to say in both rooms there was little noise and the noise that could be heard was New York so it was fine with us.
The hotel bar and restaurant was very nice, both the Bar menu and the restaurant menu can be used as room service which again was quick and piping hot when it got to the room.
It is in easy reach of everything you need with a McDs and a Starbucks around the corner, Central Park is less than a ten min walk away and Time Square about 15mins.
Staff in the hotel were fantastic and all very helpful... I just want to say a big THANK YOU to the staff at the hotel for making our stay so pleasant and I would defiantly recommend it to friends and hope to be back :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ToniMiles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Tonimiles,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I was thrilled to read that in particular that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team will be very pleased to learn of your very kind comments.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

An excellent hotel the sister of the Fitzpatrick near Grand Central where i often stay.
the bar and restaurant are small and cosy and offer verything you culd need in terms of food and drink.
Rooms are some of the largest you would find in New York.
Great location for shopping, Concierge and staff all very accomodating and pleaseant.
Wuld recomment for business or pleasure. i intend taking my family next visit as the rooms (suites) in most cases are excellent.
Full irish breakfast always a positive touch!

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing Lexington Avenue.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Richard S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you for your kind comments in relation to the room and the staff. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have stayed at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan on both business and pleasure and find it a very good, reasonably priced small hotel. There are two Fitzpatrick hotels in New York. The Manhattan is on Lexington, just south of 57th, only two blocks from Bloomingdales, and three longer blocks to 5th Avenue. Rooms are good sized by New York standards and well furnished. Staff is very nice and responsive, perhaps reflecting the hotel's Irish ownership. On our most recent visit, during a very cold weekend, we found it difficult to control the heat (either a little too warm or a lot too warm) but would still consider it for future stays. Restaurant on site offers Irish oatmeal and other hearty breakfast items and is fairly priced for a hotel meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear JdocBaltimore,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the "staff verynice and responsive". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the Fitzpatrick for 4 nights, taking in New Years Eve and also to celebrate a milestone birthday for hubbie. Both of us loved this hotel. Cosy ambiance, lovely bar and eating area. Lovely complimentary upgrade to a suite which was fantastic. Great location for all sights, shopping, Central Park, subway line to JFK. We have travelled to NY a lot and would definitely return to this hotel. Have also stayed in the Fitzpatrick Grand Central, another great hotel! So if you're looking for a hotel that ticks all the boxes, then pick this one. Again, thank you for the lovely upgrade Shane, it was very much appreciated. Lastly, the housekeeping staff were the best!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Carrabaun,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind comment in relation to our housekeepers. The team will be thrilled to learn of your very positive review.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here in Dec for 4 nights. Excellent service again. Staff are always extremely welcoming. Special mention for Leo the concierge who was so helpful and Shauna the bar person who was so friendly and very sweet.
Ate breakfast twice and some food one evening in the restaurant. Great food, service.

Great location for shopping! Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. :-)

Last time we stayed we had a suite so was a bit wary of the room size this time but it was actually really big,especially for NYC standards!! Love the fact there is a fridge and sink in the room also. Excellent quality toiletries, hair dryer was very powerful and safe in the room was very secure and easy to use.

Manager on duty very accommodating when I asked could we check out an hour late. We very much appreciated this!!

Will definitely be returning! Thanks again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainly apprecaite you doing so.

I was delighted to read that once again you enjoyed another visit to the hotel and thank you for the kind comment in relation to finding the staff extremely welcoming.