“Great choice to stay in NYC”

Ranked #46 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Moscow, Russia
“Great choice to stay in NYC”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We loved everything about this hotel, besides comfortable rooms, excellent location, stuff was very helpful and advised us great places to dine. Traveling with a 3 month baby we were very happy to be upgraded to suite, as it was very comfortably having a space for our own, after baby was asleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Artuurss
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Artuurss,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff very helpful.. It was nice to read that you enjoyed the extra space of the suite.

On behlaf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I found Fitzpatricks a handy place to stay but I didn't like our room and sort of reminded me of staying in a private room of a YMCA. But it was very clean.
The location suited us well and the staff were very nice and helpful.
We had some good craic with the staff in the bar.
Other family members of ours love Fitzpatricks and would go back tomorrow but I prefer a little more upmarket.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ShaunW1968
Dear ShaunW1968,

I was delightded to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I know that they were thrilled to learn of your comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Area General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We arrived in late November for a 5 day trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived the hotel was faultless! We booked a suite but when we checked in, we were told that we had been upgraded to a presidential suite as it was our wedding anniversary! All the staff were extremely friendly (especially Leo)! The room was huge, and even had a small kitchen! The food in the bar/restaurant was great so we ate there most nights. Would definitely recommend this hotel, and a huge thanks to Shane for all his help!

Room Tip: Presidential suite was amazing (1105) and back of the hotel is nice and quite!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny O
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Jenny O,

Thank you for taking the time to post you review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff friendly. I know that Leo will be thrilled to have his name mentioned.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for celebrating your wedding anniversary with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here recently on a 3 night business trip from Ireland. It's a little sanctuary in the midst of New York. I was staying in room 407 which was spacious and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. After a week on the road the ham, cheese and onion toastie with a cup of proper tea was refreshing. I would be very happy to recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again when next in New York. The atmosphere in the bar when the rugby was on was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Moyglas
Dear Moyglas,

I was delighted to read that found the staff helpful and the food excellent. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us while you were on business and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself and 2 friends have just returned from a 3 night girls weekend away at this lovely hotel. We were in room 506 which didn't have much of a view but this wasn't a problem as we weren't in New York to gaze out of the hotel window! From first arrival to waiting for the car back to the airport every single member of staff was professional, courteous and friendly with nothing too much trouble. Our suite had everything we needed, was comfortable, clean and spacious. We had a drink in the bar every night - not cheap - but hotel bar prices never are. There was an excellent choice of drinks at the bar plus good bar and table menus. Food was very nice. Position of the hotel is perfect - walking distance of Empire State, Times Square, Central Park, various shops, Bloomingdales. Fitzpatrick Manhattan is not a huge hotel but is a perfect base for discovering New York and we would definitely stay here again if we manage to return New York . Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dru2
Dear Dru2,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your girls weekend in the hotel and that you found the staff very friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

There is little that is reasonably priced in midtown Manhattan, but the Fitzpatrick delivers on service, room cleanliness and location for a reasonable price. This is a small Irish boutique hotel, so if you're looking for the grandiosity of the InterContinental's lobby or the appeal of the Waldorf Towers it won't suit your needs, but the courtesy and friendliness of the staff coupled with the proximity to the theater district, 57th street shopping and midtown museums makes this hotel a favorite of ours.

The first floor of the hotel includes a very small reception area, café and bar. Food is very good and drinks are expensive. Bar area was long a great attraction, but its location was swapped with the cafe a few years ago from adjacent to the windows looking out on Lexington Ave which caused it to lose some of its charm.

Room temperature control has the same problem most older buildings in Manhattan have--once the winter season begins you only have heat control and no ability to cool down a too warm room. This is more of a problem in some rooms than others.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are particularly spacious for Manhattan
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dubaytom
Dear dubaytom,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff fiendly and the location great. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Top class service - Great rooms in a very convenient downtown location. Lots of Irish staff which was good. Really nice bar food. We were looked after so well from the Manager downwards. They made our three young kids feel very welcome too which was important. Nothing was too much! We stayed in the Intercontinental on our last visit to NY and this is just a different league in terms of service.

Room Tip: If you are going with family take 2 rooms. Breakfast expensive so better in one the delis around the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank keithlowe
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Keith Lowe,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.