“Excellent choice in midtown”

Ranked #48 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our room was comfortable and quiet with nice amenities and turndown service. There was also a small fridge, and coffee. The staff was excellent. They could not have been more kind and helpful. The bar makes great martinis!!
We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nell55
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Nell55,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff"excellent". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Great location.
Clean room.
Good Amenities.

Bellboys are very friendly and kind.
However, front staffs are not friendly.
Although I'm poor at english and requested say again to one staff, she never say slowly. Her face looks tiresome.
Other front staffs also work well but just they working.
Do not expect very kind staffs (specialy you can't speak english very well) then it's reasonable hotel in NYC.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel's location and will address your concerns with our Front Desk personnel directly.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a wonderful weekend we had staying here? The rooms are so comfortable, restaurant serves delicious breakfast and above all the staff are so kind and caring. I most definitely will return to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Lindeva,

I was delihgted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that in particular you found our staff "so kind and caring". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week in April/May as we were getting married in New York.

For the entire duration of our stay the staff were lovely and attentive.

Our room was of a good size and clean. We didn't have a front facing room which was fine with us as it was far quieter.

The hotel was in a good location too for shopping and sightseeing.

I would definitely stay here again if (when) we return to New York!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelle591

Dear Chelle 591,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us while you were getting married in New York. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments and in particular that you found them "lovely and attentive".

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you both back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Fitzspatrick is a small upscale hotel located in downtown Manhattan. It is part of a small Hotel Group with Hotels in New York and Dublin, Ireland. Has a European feel to the hotel. They have an joining restaurant (The Fitz) and Bar. The restaurant is fine with a good menu serving meals through the day. The rooms are nice and well decorated distributed over 16 floors.
Only concern I had during my stay is the air conditioning in my room was "weak". I will stay here on my next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 1Timetraveler

Dear 1 Time traveller,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward ot welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

As opposed to many NY hotels Fitzpatrick's is a welcome relief. The room was large, with two double beds, a walk in wardrobe and a well appointed bathroom. The beds were incredibly comfortable. There were little touches that made all the difference, e.g. Cadbury Easter eggs left in our rooms for Easter Sunday. The staff was welcoming and always helpful and accommodating. Obviously this is an Irish hotel but there were several other nationalities who as happy as us Irish. The only thing which I considered annoying was the cost of wifi ($14.99 per day). There is free wifi in the lobby, however the lobby has one sofa a few chairs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura F
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Lauar F,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I am thrilled that you found the team "welcoming and helpful". I know that the staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been remiss in not writing a glowing review of the Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel before now. My husband and I stayed here back in November when he ran in the NYC Marathon. It is perfectly located to walk for shopping and Central Park and is also near the subway station. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and charming. The hotel is very cozy and the rooms are quite comfortable. We purchased a 3-day pass to ride the subway.
Some tips we received when visiting the sites and departing from the hotel:
To go to the Statue of Liberty you can take the subway (R train) to the station called WhiteHall it’s about a 30 minute train ride - and as soon you go upstairs to street level, you will see the boat for the Statue of Liberty sightseeing trip.
To go to the 9/11 Memorial, you can take the subway (E train) to the last stop (World Trade Center) it’s about a 15 minute train ride - follow the signs to 911 Memorial (it’s only a 5 minute walk from the subway)
The entrance to Central Park is on 59th Street and 5th Ave. it is a 10-15 min walk from the hotel.
There is a great pizzeria across the street from the hotel if you want NY style pizza.
To go to the Empire State Building, you can take the subway F, R, N trains to 34th Street 6th Ave. approximately 20 minute train ride.

Room Tip: If in November, the heat is on in the hotel...may need to open a window if it warms up as the a/c is...