“First Class Service”

Ranked #42 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“First Class Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in town visiting friends and decided to try the hotel since it was close to their location. I was highly impressed with my selection. The staff was second to none from the beginning of my stay till the end , they were on top of all my needs and request. I loved the suite I requested, it was clean, modern and sleekly decorated. This will be my new spot while in town whatever the location.

• Stayed May 2014
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Matt B,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the "staff second to none". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you "back to your new home in New York".

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at this place fro 3 days back in 2000, had fond memories and decided to book here again, this time for 10 days. The location is very good, in between two Subway stops, 3 blocks walking from 5th Ave. Central Park corner.
The hotel is due for upgrades and we were promised it will be fantastic again in 2015. The restaurant is nice, for breakfast and any other meals and most noticeable - the staff at all levels made visible effort to make our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Just make sure to ask for a room with a view, otherwise you may get the rooms facing the next door b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alex E,

It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and I know that the team were delighted to learn of your comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

San Francisco Area
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently needed a hotel room for a business trip and only had 2 hours notice to find a hotel. I arrived near midnight on Sunday evening. The hotel had a little trouble finding my reservation, since I had booked just 10 hours prior to my arrival. While I needed a room for 4 nights, the hotel only had availability the first two nights of my stay, I decided to take my chances that a room would come available for the last 2 nights. The first evening my room rate was insanely low (well under $200 per night) and the 2nd night was resonable at $300 per night. The first two nights the hotel manager upgraded me to a two room suite . . . very nice room. I knew nights 3 and 4 would be difficult if not impossible . . . Obama was in town and staying near by. Amazingly, the hotel was able to accommodate me, unfortunately I lost the two room suite, but I totally understood. What was a little difficult to swallow was the new nightly rate of $500 for a small room with an even smaller bathroom. However, I was only in the hotel about 4-5 hours per night it was fine, and the super friendly and accommodating staff made the cost tolerable. You can't beat the location. All of my meetings were about a block away, which was really convenient. It's possible I'll be working in NYC often over the next 4 or 5 months, this will be my first hotel choice and with a little more lead time I might be able to score a nightly rate in the $300 - $350 range. Again, great friendly service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ed York,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the location excellent. I know that the team at the hotel will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

Dublin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here with my husband in mid April 2014. I was so looking forward to staying here & was not disappointed. It was so comfortable and enjoyable. All the staff were so professional and friendly. The room we had was very quiet, no view really from the window ( not an issue for me) a good size and a fab bathroom with the most amazing shower and toiletries. The bed was so comfortable there is little or nothing I could fault. The only slight criticism I have is one of the days we had lunch in the very nice bar. Part of our order was a toasted sandwich which when it came out looked like something made out of a toaster a student might have in college. It actually made us laugh a bit the rest of the food was so tasty and looked great. It goes without saying the location of the hotel is great. I look forward to staying here again. We got this hotel for a great price, well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear The Bennys,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff"professional and friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed on business, but had a little extra time to wander. Was conveniently located within walking distance of many attractions (Times Square, Rock center, Radio Music, Central Park, etc). Quick check in and check out (highly valued).

Room Tip: Inside facing was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tony SLP,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you particularly liked the quick check in and check out process. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel in October. Although the price was very high for the value, the hotel was very good and staff was helpful and welcoming. I loved the turndown service and the old charm of the hotel. I am not sure whether I would stay again because it was a pricey even for New York City but it was a nice hotel experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Oklay S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff "helpful and welcoming". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Buffalo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our room was comfortable and quiet with nice amenities and turndown service. There was also a small fridge, and coffee. The staff was excellent. They could not have been more kind and helpful. The bar makes great martinis!!
We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nell55
Dear Nell55,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff"excellent". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.