We recently visited this hotel on the recommendation of our travel agent, as we needed somewhere fairly central to sight see from & also somewhere special enough to celebrate my birthday with a small group of family & friends. We could not have had a better choice than the Fitzpatrick Manhattan. From the moment we walked through the door, we were treated like old friends by the staff, especially Chris, the duty manager, who made a point of chatting to us at every opportunity that he saw us, checking to make sure that everything was ok for us & sorting out any problems or queries quickly & efficiently. The rooms were amazing - most of us had suites (my sister & I had booked a suite already but one of the other members of the party were upgraded to a suite as soon as Chris found out that my friend had not slept well due to traffic noise). My sister is notorious for being a little 'princess & the pea' about hotel beds & generally sleeps poorly in hotels. Not here. There was a real danger that she would have hired a van to take the bed home with us, as she has never slept so well in her life! I have also recently had spinal surgery, so generally struggle with getting comfortable on beds, but, again, no problems here (Chris, very obligingly, advised us on the company the hotel uses for their beds!)
The restaurant in the hotel was small but perfectly formed, with a beautiful menu for breakfast, lunches & evening meals. The food was amazing, a mix of American classics & Irish/British classics. Their Shepherds pie was the most delicious my sister & I have ever tasted (but as it is a staple of my mother's cook book, she must NEVER know!!). The restaurant staff were lovely & friendly to us all, even when we were taking over the place when catching up with other members of the trip.
I cannot thank everyone at the Fitzpatrick enough for making us feel so welcome & adding the cherry to the top of a very special trip for us. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manhattan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel offers comfortable, modern amenities and personalized service ideal for both leisure and business travelers alike. With 91 rooms and suites, our intimate size allows us to focus on your every need and provide you with a personal level of service that you would experience at the finest Irish country house hotels. This, coupled with our desirable location, makes the Fitzpatrick Manhattan the perfect place to stay in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York