“excellent hotel”

Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

first class hotel great service from all staff very friendly so pleased we chose this hotel location good
linen towels changed every day lovely room good size with modern bathroom --food very good it was expensive but good portions we did eat in a couple of times but plenty of choice locally as well will be returning next year will be staying at this hotel again

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particularly that you found the "staff very friendly'. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments about them.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Kind reagrds,

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here 4 nights and had a great stay. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble, even booked us a table at Patsy's restaurant which we had never heard of. It was the best Italian meal I'd ever had! Everyone was so helpful and friendly, any issues we had were quickly dealt with. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.
This hotel is close to Central Park and 5th Ave and an easy walk to Broadway and Times Square.
If we ever return to New York I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharooki
Dear Sharooki,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the "staff excellent" and the location perfect for Central Park and 5th Avenue. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Return visit to Fitzpatrick’s. We loved it so much the last time we were there as soon as I knew we were going back to New York for a GAA match (New York v Mayo), there was only one hotel that I wanted to book and once again it did not disappoint. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan is the best hotel in New York City. In every area of the hotel, the staff are superb. From checkin to room service, we just loved it!
What I love about this hotel is that it is not too big so therefore is so warm and welcoming. From our checkin to You feel that all the staff know who you are, there is never a queue at the concierge (and they know new York inside out and they are more than happy to share their knowledge with you!) or at the check in desks.
The bar is great (and the cocktails are fab!) on the Friday evening when we arrived, it had a great atmosphere in it. Before we left for the match on the Sunday morning, we ate in the restaurant and the breakfasts were lovely and good value too.
The location of the hotel is perfect, you are central to everything.
I am already trying to plan my next trip back as we loved it so much and there is only one place that I would book in New York....Fitzpatrick Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Coltrate,

I was delighted to read your glowing review of the hotel and in particular that you found our "staff superb". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Really nice small hotel in good location.
Staff really helpful.
Good Irish breakfast and not too expensive. We booked a suite it was good but I think rooms could do with some updating. However I was happy with our stay there.

Room Tip: Request a room to the back on high floor as noise could be a problem from traffic.
1 Thank Elaine O
Dear Elaine O,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in fitzpatricks overnight before flying out of JFK. Great location , shopping on doorstep as well as restaurants & subway too. We got upgraded to gorgeous suite & the service throughout was top class. Enjoyed drinks in bar and tasty lunch too. Would love return visit sooner rather than later.

Dear Cork0,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Miami, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent, cooperative, warm,friendly staff made my stay a wonderful experience. Very professional and caring. An exceptional hotel. Highly, highly recommend. From check-in to room service (best I have experienced), a superior hotel. Upgraded to a suite without even asking. Central location. Perfect for sight-seeing, relaxing or whatever you desire. I am an experienced traveler, have stayed @ numerous 5 star hotels and have never received finer service. Close to museums, Central Park and any restaurant you could crave. I have traveled around the world and believe me friends, you can't do better. Eric G.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Datsyik
Dear Datsyik,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular you found the staff "excellent, cooperative and warm. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent a single night at this hotel and a great experience. The lack of traditional check in desk threw me for a loop, but in a good way. The Fitz checks you in at one of two desks and you sit down through the process-a nice surprise for one who spent the day traipsing around Manhattan. Throughout my stay, staff was very outgoing and inquiring if I needed assistance with anything.

Rooms are really good sized for NYC. Separate living room and bedroom, plus a separate kitchenette room. Bed and sheets were decent and as an added bonus in the bedroom...a pants presser! What a great feature to a hotel room! Bathroom was perfect size and had nice juniper shampoo (can't recall brand) and a set of soft robes.

Close to the 52nd and Lexington train and of course easy to walk anywhere.

A caring hotel for a weary traveler, small and service oriented.

Room Tip: Room in the back was fairly quiet, can't see need for street view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Maybeitsthebeertalk,