“Ireland in the heart of Manhattan”

Ranked #48 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Santiago Province, Dominican Republic
“Ireland in the heart of Manhattan”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very close to Dylan´s Candy Bar, FAO Schwartz, Central Park and Time Square making it a very family friendly hotel. The staff was GREAT, very friendly. Very clean rooms,spacious, everything in working order and very european decor. Close to Theodora, one of the best hidden secrets in NY: marvelous this italian restaurant. Two blocks away from the subway and is the preferred hotel of Ireland Prime Minister.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julian2571
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Julian2571,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff "very friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a great spot for us and the price was reasonable for NYC. We wanted to be close to Times Square but far enough away from the crowded streets. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were upgraded to a suite because of a small issue with a late check in. The rooms were very clean, updated and comfortable.

The only issue was parking cost a bit more than I expected. I got the impression that the hotel does not have their own garage and so guests pay a little more to have the car valeted. Also, there is no door service, so you will have to fight with the doors and your luggage by yourself when you check in.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tdiso
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Tdiso,

I am sorry that we had to delay your checkin due to the late departure of some rooms and thank you for your patience.I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments about them.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everyone was just great; the staff bent over backwards to be accomodating. The room was nice and cool, very clean and quite spacious. The location was convenient to everything in midtown: the park, Bloomingdales, FAO Schwartz, the subway downtown just 2 short blocks away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marty586
Dear Marty586,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found our location great. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments in relation to them.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I was here for a brief business trip July 28-29. The staff were very accommodating and allowed me and my colleague to check in early (around 1pm) so that we could freshen up before our meeting that afternoon.

The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The location was superb - ideal for my meeting on west 57th street just a few blocks away. I didn't have time to shop, but there are amazing "retail therapy" opportunities all around! I enjoyed window shopping during my quick walks back and forth to the hotel.

My only criticism is that the shower head sprays water straight down rather than at an angle. The water pressure was fine though. I liked the toiletries and the bathrobe.

The bed was comfy and the linens were very nice.

Cool pictures of the hotel proprietor and various celebrities in the lobby. I liked the Irish charm throughout the property.

I highly recommend the Fitzpatrick!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tinseltraveler
Dear Tinseltravler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your brief stay and in particular that you found the staff accommodating.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We just spent 4 days in Fitzpatrick's Manhattan while visiting NYC with our 4 kids 11-18. This is a really comfortable hotel, we got excellent rates for 2 rooms, both upgraded to suites at no extra cost. The rooms were really comfortable & quiet. We did not opt for Wifi in the rooms so the kids spent a lot of time on the free wifi in the foyer which although small was the social centre of the hotel! We did not eat at the hotel but the really helpful concierges gave us some really good recommendations nearby. There is a nice bar for late night drinks.
The hotel is really well located. It is close to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre etc and there are 2 subway stations within a couple of blocks which can get you to anywhere else. We were able to get the subway directly from JFK (Airtrain to Jamaica Station/JFK, E Line to Lexington & 53rd and from there about 5 mins walk to hotel, really quick and inexpensive).
We really enjoyed our time there and I would highly recommend it as a base for NYC visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Allezlesrouges
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Alleziesrouges,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review. I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays in New York and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New Yoirk in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned home to Ireland after the most amazing stay ever at Fitzpatrick's in Manhatten. We had decided that as we had never visited New York before that we would stay 12 nights to make sure we saw it properly. Having heard that New York rooms are notoriously small - we had psyched ourselves up for a basic hotel experience when we arrived - we experienced the complete opposite. We were delighted to be upgraded from a classic room to a suite by the hotel at checking in because we were staying with them so long. Having a large suite to come home to every night made a huge difference to how much we loved our stay in New York and we were really touched by this upgrade. The rooms were fabulous - a large living room, bedroom, bathroom and a kitchenette to boot! Everything we needed and more were in the rooms and house cleaning ensured they were spotless every day when we were there. The rest of the staff at the hotel were really friendly and lovely - and the food at the Fitz was great. We have already decided that we will be making a yearly return to NYC as we loved it and this is the ONLY place we will stay in future. Thank you Fitzpatricks for making our stay so special!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank magenta_clovisse
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Magenta_clouisse,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your 12 nights in New York and that the hotel played a part in your enjoyment. Thank you for the lovely comment in relation to the team and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the room originally for the location and price. Not realizing that this is the sister hotel to the Fitzpatrick in Dublin Ireland that I stayed at 2 months back. Staff very pleasant and room was clean.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristen R
Dear Kristen R,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and also that you also found the "staff very pleasant". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.