“Finally a review!”

Ranked #42 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Finally a review!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel in NYC deserves a review, I have stayed here three times over the last couple of years and I love it. If you're Irish and like the Irish way this is the place for you, friendly, relaxed, great value and location. Second to none service from the concierge and front desk. On my last visit I stayed for Superbowl weekend and despite being flat out they booked us restaurants, helicopter tours and sorted airport transfers without a problem. Highly recommnded and the Sweeneys will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rose M
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Rose M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the "service was second to none from the concierge and front desk". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
icork
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here as part of our honeymoon. Got upgraded to a suite and a free bottle of champagne so that was very nice

Room was comfy and quiet which are the most important things to me

Food and drinks in bar were well priced and very tasty, catchy music also made the bar a nice place to spend a few hours

Staff were friendly and helpful and after a lot of travel , I really enjoyed hearing the Irish accent :-)

Location is only ok - it's a solid 15-20 min walk to Times Square although you can get the subway which is very close by , there are loads of nearby places to eat which are very good

One negative I must mention is wi fi in the room costs 15 dollars a day , this is a bit of a joke in this day and age to be honest. People on vacation need Internet access to plan day trips etc , having to sit on a small couch or stand in the lobby to do this is not good enough for a hotel that costs over 250 bucks A day

Other than the above issue which is easy for the hotel to solve we had a lovely stay and would recommend

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikeleahy
Dear Mikeleahy,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that in particular you found the "staff friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us while on your honeymoon and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stay in NYC a lot and I come back to the Fitz time after time, the rooms are spacious (yes spacious), the staff are exceptional and no issue is too trivial. The menu is fresh and there are specials mid-week. Convenient for all the sights. Look this one up if you are coming. Remember boutique doesn't always mean the amenities are small.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PEdinburgh
Dear PEdinburgh,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the "staff Exceptional". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in mid August having previously stayed here on our last visit to NYC.

This time around the hotel kindly upgraded us to a suite on the 16th floor after a mistake in our booking.

This is a well located, very comfortable midtown hotel with plenty of Irish charm to boot. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout. Though rooms are traditionally furnished, they are spacious and very clean. There was little noise from the street or the subway which runs close to the building.

We also dined in the hotel restaurant which offered keenly priced good quality food. It was interesting to note that the No 1 Golfer in the world (an Irishman) was also staying at this accommodation during our visit.

In summary, even if you are not from the Emerald Isle but you want good quality accommodation in NYC close to Central Park, Bloomingdales, 5th Avenue, Grand Central, Times Square, Empire State etc, then look no further than this hotel.

Fitzpatricks Manhattan will definitely be pencilled in for our next visit to NYC.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank towats
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Towats,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff "friendly, and helpful thoughout". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

It was also pleasing to read that you found our location great and close to Bloomingdales and Central Park.

Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My Cousin and I traveled to NYC for my first experience of the city, couldn't have picked a better place to stay, the hotel was right in the center of every place I wanted to see. The hotel had a great little bar on the ground floor, we were served by Daniel who was very professional, friendly and attentive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marisa D
Dear Marisa D,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found Daniel "professional, friendly and attentive". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The Fitzpatrick Manhattan is not really hidden, it's on Lexington Avenue, 2 blocks from Bloomingdales and a short walk to Grand Central Station...but it is a gem.

I had an event which ran late. I had stayed here in the past but that was several years ago. I called around midnight, explained my situation and in a few minutes, had secured 3 rooms for me and 2 co-workers.

The staff was waiting for us when we arrived, catering to us with such professionalism and courtesy I forgot I was in NYC. Knowing we were working an event that while day, the staff had prepared a plate of good for each of us which was waiting - hot - in our rooms with a note.

There is no other hotel in NYC I will ever recommend to clients, family or friends. Stay here. They renovated a few years ago, too. Beautiful rooms, lobby & experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank redmeatandwhisky
Dear Redmeatand whisky,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel for the price. The staff was very pleasant and detail oriented as to our needs. The room was clean, pub was priced well for NYC and the parking was no problem at all. This British hotel was home to many personnel of British Airways as we spoke to quite a few while here. Definitely a choice upon our return. The only reason not a five star rating was the bed which was sagging at the head so we needed to sleep reversed which was much more comfortable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sebastiano S
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Sebastiano S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments. I will have the mattress replaced and am sorry that it was not done so prior to your stay.

Area Manager