“Excellent Choice for NYC”

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
Ranked #47 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Excellent Choice. A very nice small hotel on Lexington near 57th st. Close to Shopping, Museums and 2 street blocks from a Subway station at 59th & Lexington. The Rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly. We had a Bedroom Suite which had 2 rooms and 2 flat screen televisions which was perfect for traveling with Teenagers. The cost of the 5 nights was less than staying at the large chain hotels in Times square and we had a lot more space! Only ate at the restaurant once but had the Irish Breakfast and it was excellent and recommended. Would definitely stay here again on future trips to NYC.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel200855
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 22 March 2009

My sister and I stayed here for a long week-end, sans husbands and children. We wanted to do some shopping, sightseeing and visit museum mile. The hotel was ideally placed for all of this and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are helpful and don't make you feel as if you must tip them everytime they smile at you. The restaurant does a great breakfast and is nice for an evening when you are too tired after a day of shopping to venture out. The room are comfortable and of a reaonable size.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hilandphil
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Although the £ wasn't so strong we got a great deal in NYC with this hotel and continental airways.
The Hotel is easy to find and although the reception is small it is intimate. Nice bar and small restaurant.
Most of the staff are irish which makes you feel welcome and the room shave just been refurbished. Rooms are compact but well appointed with contemporary furnishings.
Lovely walkinshowers.
Very handy for bloomingdales the staff also have gift certificates for the store.
A pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimFiggy
Reviewed 26 February 2009

This has got to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. First time in New york and I think I picked the best hotel there. The staff were so nice and friendly. The room was perfect. We had a king suite. Plenty of room. The suite had a very large tv in the sittingroom and a smaller tv in the bedroom. Quite a bit of street noise but we did not mind. It just added to the New York experience. There are other rooms available on request. These have no street view but are very quiet. The bed was so comfortable. Perfect location on 57th St and Lexington Ave. Great shopping area. Underground only 2 blocks walk from hotel. I am very fussy about my hotels and this was even better than I thought it would be. The perfect hotel in the perfect city.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank celreid
Reviewed 2 February 2009

We celebrated the week of our 20th wedding anniversary in NYC. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel was truly accomodating in helping us to make the time in the city as comfortable as possible. From the time we walked in the staff was there to cater to our wishes and help us to have a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimmyJam523
Reviewed 30 January 2009

It was my first time in NYC in 7 years and I was quite unsure where to stay. A friend reccommended the hotel and I am thankful to him for that. In short- the staff are helpful, the rooms are nice and the locations is BRILLIANT. All the shops and shows are only minutes walk from your door and the subway is only two blocks away.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I Stayed at the Fitzpatrick for 4 nights and it was a very friendly hotel and a great location. I was traveling around a bit and it was not far from the subway. Carol in the bar was great and made me feel at home. The room was a descent size and very comfortable. I would definately go back to the Fitzpatrick given the choice and if I were staying elsewhere I would definately pop my head in the bar to see Carol!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank valueformoneyplease9