This hotel was fine -- I am rating it three stars because I found it to be extremely average.
The location is pretty good -- East part of mid-town. Lexington is a pretty charmless street, but 3d and 2d Streets are nearby if you want to be in more of a neighborhood, and it's also within relatively close walking distances to 5th Avenue.
As for the hotel itself, I had a one room suite, on the 8th floor, that I stayed in for four nights (price $399 per night not including tax).
This was a perfectly decent business option. It is not a modern or stylish place. The furniture in the room was quite bland and charmless, but the suite was large (with a sleeping room and a separate livivng area, and tiny "kitchenette"). The kitchette had a fridge in it, and a coffee maker -- but nothing else (i.e., no microwave, utensils, plates). So if you want to use it as a mini-kitchen it's not equipped to do much. The room was clean when I arrived and continued to be cleaned well. It was equipped with everything you'd expect (nice toiletries, blowerdryer, iron, bathrobes). Toiletries were replenished, which I like. There was free access to a mid-range sports club down the street, which was a decent gym. No newspapers delivered to the room, although you could sometimes snag one in the lobby. The room had two flat screen TVs, both of which worked fine, and an ipod docking station.
The lobby was very small (a couch along one wall was the main seating area) and smelled a bit musty. Not a place where you'd like to spend much time. The staff was average, not mean or rude, but not too warm and welcoming either.
My only real complaint was with the restaurant. I've seldom had such poor service: (a) water not served, even though I requested it twice; (2) coffee served w/o cream; (c) oatmeal came without the raisins I ordered, and none came until I requested them twice. I only ate there once after this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel offers comfortable, modern amenities and personalized service ideal for both leisure and business travelers alike. With 91 rooms and suites, our intimate size allows us to focus on your every need and provide you with a personal level of service that you would experience at the finest Irish country house hotels. This, coupled with our desirable location, makes the Fitzpatrick Manhattan the perfect place to stay in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York