“Gorgeous hotel with the nicest staff I have ever met”

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
Ranked #50 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We recently stayed in Fitzpatricks Manhattan for 5 nights and I would rarely write reviews but on this occasion I felt it was only fair! Upon arrival our room key would not work and straight away we were whisked away to another room rather than waiting for a new key to be made. The hotel was lovely, our room was really nice and most importantly spotlessly clean ( the cleaning staff did a very good job)

During our trip we got engaged and I have to say the staff in the hotel could not have done more to make us feel very special. With special mention for Aoife ( a friend of mine who spent Christmas Day in the hotel also mentioned Aoife to me before we arrived and how welcoming and nice she is) and Joseph in the bar who made an already special occasion even nicer.

Overall the hotel is really nice but the staff are exceptional and I could not recommend it more if you are planning a trip to NY, not to mention its great loaction and lovely food!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 29 December 2009

I dont know how anyone could complain. Though the room was a tad small, this hotel offered tremendous value. Granted we were lucky to enjoy a huge xmas eve discount. But everyone was discounting. A few people have mentioned that the staff was inadequate. Ridiculous. As no one really wants to work on xmas eve, the staff earns kudos for being cheerful, friendly and attentive. Great bartender too. Will repeat.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

This hotel is brilliant, myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in mid August. I cannot say enough good things about it, the staff are wonderful, always friendly they'll greet you with a smile and never make you feel like your inconveniencing them if you need to ask a question. They booked theatre tickets for us, called us cabs and found information on attractions for us. Everyone from the owner himself down to the housekeeping staff were fantastic.
We had a suite which consisted of a seperate living room with a sofabed, sink area with fridge, and a large bedroom. Everyday the housekeeping would leave us bottled water which was fantastic as it was unbearably hot in New York at the time. The bed in the room was also one of the most comfortable i've ever slept in, always a joy to return to after a long day sightseeing.
Its also in a fantastic location, only two blocks (maybe 3!) from Bloomingdales, and walking distance to Central Park, it was always a beautiful way to start a morning in the most amazing city in the world by strolling through the park, with all the New Yorkers out walking their dogs.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If your budget allows choose the Fitzpatrick Manhattan.....actually even if it doesn't treat yourself, you're worth it!

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 1 December 2009

After reading a few reviews on here I decided to share my opinion.

This was my 2nd time staying at the fitzpatrick manhattan and the good remained good and the mediocre remained mediocre.

The bad part of the stay was once again with the desk. While some of the agents were good It was the same girl giving us attitude on our first stay repeating it the second time. We were put in a regular room when we were suppose to have two beds in a suite and all she would say is that we would have to pay extra for it if I couldn't find my confirmation. I explained to her that I had forgotten it and she said there was nothing she could do. I had to speak to the reservation manager and explained to her that I had just booked 5 rooms with her and one of the rooms was suppose to be a 2 bed suite. In about a minute she said it was a mistake on the hotels end and she apologised and everything was fixed.
We had started our trip on a bad note but that was the only problem we had.

The positive note on our stay besides the brilliant rooms was the concierge Michael who booked us 3 shows and a few restaurants for us not including the loads of times he guided us to the right places. He made our stay excellent both times we were here and always did it with a smile.

The bar staff were also great especially David who was always great. The new specials they have at The Fitz is lighter on the wallet.

I will be back in a few months and hope to see the good stay good and the bad become good.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I'm just back from a 5 night stay here. I don't usually write hotel reviews but I think this one really deserves a mention. Got a great value deal, was expecting a small room but had a huge one with 2 double beds for 2 people. Very little noise and nice and cool in the room. The staff were lovely and the location is perfect (5 mins walk from the subway at 59th street) Didn't use the restaurant (why would you when you're in New York?!) If you can get a good bargain here I don't think you could do much better.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2009

This hotel was a disappointment from start to end. Our room was small and cramped and you could barely move in the bathroom. The rooms have been upgraded but you can literally see the layers of paint. The hotel was aware that there were three of us staying in the room but, despite many requests, they only supplied us with two of everything – very annoying when you ask for an extra set three days in a row and are ignored. The service was not good. From other reviews it seems that guests who have stayed in suites seem to fare better. We ate in the bar/restaurant a few times. It is dark, a bit 80s and full of tvs. Breakfast was a stodgy Irish fry up – not even a good one at that – and the meals were pretty average. We popped in there this year when staying elsewhere to have the Shepherd’s Pie (which was the only dish we liked) and I found a hair in my food – not great! The best point is the location on Lexington. However the Waldorf=Astoria, where we stayed this year, is an even better location and it is surprisingly cheaper than Fitzpatricks! This hotel is overpriced and underwhelming.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CBHDublin
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My wife and I booked the de Valera suite for our 25th wedding anniversary trip to NYC. Upon arrival we could tell we made a good choice as the staff was very welcoming and the suite was spectacular. The bedroom was wonderful, the bathroom was floor to ceiling Italian Marble and everything worked perfectly. We had a drink in the very lively Fitz Bar before heading out for dinner based on the recommendation of the staff. Bici, an upscale Italian bistro was excellent. Throughout the stay we utilized the staff for recommendations and reservations which they handled with ease, and were critical, especially for the very busy Sunday Brunch at Rue 57.
The location of the Fitzpatrick Manhattan has got to be one of the best in Midtown. We walked everywhere as it is much faster than a taxi, as the traffic, even on weekends, is quite congested. If you’re in good shape (my wife and I are both 50) you can easily walk all the way to Macy’s (34th and 7th), the Theater District (we walked back to the hotel at midnight, after a show and dinner) and Bloomingdales, Trump Tower, Tiffany’s and The Plaza are just blocks away.
For the same money as you’ll pay at other hotels that haven’t been renovated in ages, you can stay at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan and experience true luxury, charm and their signature Irish Hospitality. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple