“Read your bill!”

Ranked #47 of 467 Hotels in New York City
monaghan
“Read your bill!”
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This was our second time to stay at the Fitzpatrick on Lexington. It was clean, staff friendly, however we both felt that the waiting staff left alot to be desired. We booked in for the New Year's Evening Meal , which i should add was very nice, tables nicely decorated. A friend joined us on the night. When the bill came they had added double of everything we ordered on the drinks bill. On bringing it to their attention they said that they were not sure if we had them so just decided to include them!!!! I was not amused, did they think we had a few drinks and wouldn't notice? I also refused to pay a $91 on my bill and asked to see the counterfoil, an unfriendly girl at accounts desk told me she couldn't get it until Monday (we checked out on a Sunday)I left my mobile number and landline and asked that someone call me before this was taken from my account. The $91 was taken from my account on 4th Jan and i received no phone call. This is very unprofessional on the part of Fitzpatrick accounts department. I Have stayed in The Hemsley Park at Central Park and Le Parker Meridian on previous trips to New York and couldn't find any faults with them. Why did i choose the Fitzpatrick this time sadly to support an Irish hotel how foolish of me.

2 Thank Geemaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We celebrated my birthday in NYC! A hotel can make or break your experience and The Fitzpatrick started and ended the fabulous time we had. The location is fabulous for shopping and easy to get around either in a cab or hop on the subway or bus. It was great to come home, where we felt safe (being single female travellers) our rooms were comfortable, secure and clean and the service was there if you needed it. And yes we needed it for luggage storage, restaurant suggestions, directions, maps, exchange of money, all done with a smile. We are planning the next trip and we will make it our home again. WELL DONE EVERYONE And, PS thank you for the cake....not sure how you found out...but it was a great surprise!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We recently stayed in Fitzpatricks Manhattan for 5 nights and I would rarely write reviews but on this occasion I felt it was only fair! Upon arrival our room key would not work and straight away we were whisked away to another room rather than waiting for a new key to be made. The hotel was lovely, our room was really nice and most importantly spotlessly clean ( the cleaning staff did a very good job)

During our trip we got engaged and I have to say the staff in the hotel could not have done more to make us feel very special. With special mention for Aoife ( a friend of mine who spent Christmas Day in the hotel also mentioned Aoife to me before we arrived and how welcoming and nice she is) and Joseph in the bar who made an already special occasion even nicer.

Overall the hotel is really nice but the staff are exceptional and I could not recommend it more if you are planning a trip to NY, not to mention its great loaction and lovely food!

new york
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I dont know how anyone could complain. Though the room was a tad small, this hotel offered tremendous value. Granted we were lucky to enjoy a huge xmas eve discount. But everyone was discounting. A few people have mentioned that the staff was inadequate. Ridiculous. As no one really wants to work on xmas eve, the staff earns kudos for being cheerful, friendly and attentive. Great bartender too. Will repeat.

Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2009

This hotel is brilliant, myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in mid August. I cannot say enough good things about it, the staff are wonderful, always friendly they'll greet you with a smile and never make you feel like your inconveniencing them if you need to ask a question. They booked theatre tickets for us, called us cabs and found information on attractions for us. Everyone from the owner himself down to the housekeeping staff were fantastic.
We had a suite which consisted of a seperate living room with a sofabed, sink area with fridge, and a large bedroom. Everyday the housekeeping would leave us bottled water which was fantastic as it was unbearably hot in New York at the time. The bed in the room was also one of the most comfortable i've ever slept in, always a joy to return to after a long day sightseeing.
Its also in a fantastic location, only two blocks (maybe 3!) from Bloomingdales, and walking distance to Central Park, it was always a beautiful way to start a morning in the most amazing city in the world by strolling through the park, with all the New Yorkers out walking their dogs.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If your budget allows choose the Fitzpatrick Manhattan.....actually even if it doesn't treat yourself, you're worth it!

• Stayed August 2009
Chicago
Reviewed 1 December 2009

After reading a few reviews on here I decided to share my opinion.

This was my 2nd time staying at the fitzpatrick manhattan and the good remained good and the mediocre remained mediocre.

The bad part of the stay was once again with the desk. While some of the agents were good It was the same girl giving us attitude on our first stay repeating it the second time. We were put in a regular room when we were suppose to have two beds in a suite and all she would say is that we would have to pay extra for it if I couldn't find my confirmation. I explained to her that I had forgotten it and she said there was nothing she could do. I had to speak to the reservation manager and explained to her that I had just booked 5 rooms with her and one of the rooms was suppose to be a 2 bed suite. In about a minute she said it was a mistake on the hotels end and she apologised and everything was fixed.
We had started our trip on a bad note but that was the only problem we had.

The positive note on our stay besides the brilliant rooms was the concierge Michael who booked us 3 shows and a few restaurants for us not including the loads of times he guided us to the right places. He made our stay excellent both times we were here and always did it with a smile.

The bar staff were also great especially David who was always great. The new specials they have at The Fitz is lighter on the wallet.

I will be back in a few months and hope to see the good stay good and the bad become good.

• Stayed March 2009
Dublin
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I'm just back from a 5 night stay here. I don't usually write hotel reviews but I think this one really deserves a mention. Got a great value deal, was expecting a small room but had a huge one with 2 double beds for 2 people. Very little noise and nice and cool in the room. The staff were lovely and the location is perfect (5 mins walk from the subway at 59th street) Didn't use the restaurant (why would you when you're in New York?!) If you can get a good bargain here I don't think you could do much better.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends