The Peninsula New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$255
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
1,188 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolroom serviceluxury hotelseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My second stay here during a business trip and it was as lovely as the first. I checked in late during a weeknight and was taken care of fairly quickly and painlessly. The room I had this time was not as big as the last but had all the necessities and the luxuries; toiletries, soft slippers, bathrobes, plentiful flannels and towels! The bed was huge and super comfortable. The alarm clock became very useful for my early mornings and it was lovely to be able to turn the lights off from the same device without getting out of bed.

I never normally use hotel toiletries but with cabin-only luggage space was limited and the hotel’s toiletries turned out to be very good – shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, cotton buds, cotton pads were all used! Heavily perfumed but actually was very nice!
They also provided 2 bottles of water and free newspaper every morning.

On the second night I had food from the in-dining service. They wheel in a table covered with white cloth, silver cutlery and bread and butter. The food was good and portion sizes were big!

I could access the gym facilities free of charge. They provide sweat towels and bottles of water on each machine. They offer classes during the day that are also free and use of the pool although I never got to try these. The gym facilities were good though and very handy for me to fit in a work out whilst being away!

One of my colleagues had an issue with her hairdryer which was frustrating for her. Staff tried to fix it but by the time they realised it was a fault with the hairdryer and not the plug/socket/switch, it was too late and she needed to leave to head off to meetings. It would have been easier to just provide a new one. Although I couldn’t work out how to use mine either and it was a case of pressing the switch on the plug socket. So complicated for a hair dryer!!

Free self-service tea and coffee was provided in the lounge early in the morning which was nice as the room I was in had no tea/coffee making facilities. Perhaps this is just for rooms that are booked for business guests as I’m sure regular rooms have tea/coffee making facilities? Would be nice to have tea available in my room.

Staff were always very pleasant. One even ran out and down the street to help hail a taxi for us at 6am in the morning as we came out. The location is great, on Fifth Avenue. It’s a short walk away from the Apple Store, Tiffany’s & Co., and central park.
Check out was smooth and painless. I didn’t have any issues with the bill and they held my luggage for me whilst I continued my last day with work. Will definitely be staying at the Peninsula again for my next business trip in New York.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissAmyYa
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear MissAmyYa,

Once again, thank you for providing a wonderfully kind review on TripAdvisor of our hotel. We believe readers will appreciate your detailed feedback of your stay from the moment of check-in to your departure. We are happy to have provided you a seamless stay and to have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third time to The Peninsula New York.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Given the plentiful excellent hotel options in NYC, my wife and I were glad we didn't get adventurous and choose to return to the Peninsula for a recent long weekend. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a very nice and spacious one bedroom suite on an upper floor with good views both north towards the park and west. The location is perfect for us, close to the park, most of the main shopping venues, and even walkable to the theater district if you enjoy a brisk walk on city streets as do we.

The Peninsula has a sophisticated but low key vibe with an international clientele. It wasn't a surprise that we were seated at breakfast next to a famous Hollywood producer/director, but no one there would think of intruding on someone like that's privacy (I do however wish my hearing was better when I happened to overhear them talking about Sinatra). Since our last visit, the dining room has been very tastefully remodeled and renamed Clement, and the one dinner we had there truly was excellent - competitive I believe with the big name Manhattan restaurants. There is also a new small bar in the restaurant, where the head bartender is a master mixologist, and most personable to boot. Normally a plain dry martini man, the bourbon concoction he fixed me and the Tiki drink my wife were both superb, complex but not overdone and, for a change, fully worth NYC prices.

The gym is very well equipped, with great views and a personable and knowledgeable staff. Indeed the entire staff at the Peninsula is what you expect but don't always get in a top hotel: well trained, friendly, there when you need them, but not intrusive.

Give the Peninsula New York a try.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear bphenry,

A refreshing and detailed review such as yours is always appreciated on TripAdvisor. We are particularly proud of our new restaurant and bar, Clement and thank you for taking the time to mention our wonderful team. It is the impression that our staff leaves with our guests that we are proud of most.

We hope there will be an opportunity for you to visit The Peninsula New York again and perhaps enjoy another celebrity sighting.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

One of the best locations in New York for a five star hotel. Located on fifth ave and 55th street. And the perk in this city is the complimentary van that shuttles guests to the theater by reservation. A lovely gesture at a time when taxis are invisible. The service is lovely as it should be in a five star hotel. The bar is elegant as are the restaurants, the pool and spa. This is a gracious home away from home - peaceful and quiet. If it's a noisy lobby you want, head to Times Square.
The luxe rooms are on the smaller side but well equipped and soothingly furnished. No garish colors here. Subdued and tasteful. Breakfast is ax pensive but one expects take in a five star hotel n New York. But, again, the location is so good that you can walk everywhere.

Room Tip: One of the best locations in New York on Fifth Ave and 55th Street. They have a complimentary van to shuttle you to the theater by advance reservation which is nice at an hour when cabs are scarce. The service is professional in all respects. The luxury bedrooms are on the small side but adequate and comfortable with all of amenities that you would expect in a five star hotel. The spa and pool are a nice touch in a hotel of this caliber as is room service. All in all you will have a very pleasant New York experience.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandy C,

Thank you for your kind comments and for finding our hotel to be amongst the top hotels in New York City. We are pleased that we met and even exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just spent 6 nights at The Peninsula New York. Luckily, we got a great deal on Hotwire - I'll tell you why. At around US$1,000 per night, you would expect the service and amenities to be over the top. Well, it is not. For example, no coffee making or tea making facilities in the room. You can ask for a kettle, but tea will cost you US$25 + tax + service! Likewise, there is no shaving kit, no toothbrush or toothpaste. The service is nice so long as they are expecting a tip - if not, forget it! Especially I felt the concierge was more there to line his own pockets rather than be helpful towards guests. On the positive side, the location is the best in NYC. The gym is probably the best in a NYC hotel. The pool is excellent and there are free gym classes.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the internal void which was nice and quiet. I am not sure I would like a room facing the street as the windows did not block out external noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vabozati
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Vabozati,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at The Peninsula New York on TripAdvisor. I hope you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in more detail and ask that you contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good location - soft service , one of hotels on right level. Room will be clean with a good taste furniture, bathroom was quite big & wide! Im always recognize that hotel with a good impression Highly recommended!

Room Tip: choose room on upper levels
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear PavelA2,

On behalf of the Management team at The Peninsula New York, we would like to thank you for completing your review on TripAdvisor. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.