“Great location, nice rooms.”

The Peninsula New York
Ranked #47 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Still one of the best located hotels in the city. If you like boutique style hotels, this is one of the best in New York. I stayed here a few times when it first opened and everything was just great...even the service. Unfortunately, although it's still a fine hotel, the service is not up to par considering the usually high Peninsula standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Culas,

Thank you for continuing to frequent The Peninsula New York all of these years. I apologize that your stay was not as seamless as it could have been and hope to have the opportunity to discuss this further. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

There are newer reviews for The Peninsula New York

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Peninsula Hotel is located in the center of Manhattan, NYC, around the corner of 5th Avenue. A lot of landmarks are only feet away including MOMA, Rockefeller Center, Broadway theaters and Central Park. This hotel provides luxurious experience. You can enjoy indoor swimming pools, central park and the entire Manhattan on the roof.

There are definitely more guests than THE SETAI,Miami. Due to the traffic, we have to park the car in the hotel. Three days of parking fee and tips add up to $320.

Room Tip: City view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear KunX,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide details of your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at The Peninsula last week, combination business and pleasure.. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The bathroom was very large and amazing. We had 3 people in our room and it was very comfortable. It is located in the perfect location for walking to many different sights. The staff was very professional and friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Terri R.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire team at The Peninsula New York, we are pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoyed the superior service and quality levels upon which we pride ourselves. We hope you return again soon, whether for business and/or pleasure.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The service for this $1000/night hotel was atrocious. When I got to the hotel, the bellman just snarled at me and took my luggage from the trunk begrudgingly . He didn't even greet me. Usually you would expect "hello sir are you checking in" I arrived at the hotel at around 8pm on Sat 19 July .
I then had to go to dinner and returned at around 11pm and I need a 3 pin plug converter. I called the operator and she said it would be up in 10 mins. 30 mins later still no sign of the plug. I called again but no one answered. 15 mins later a guy showed up at my door but didn't say anything and just shoved the adaptor in my hand . Maybe I woke him up ? He said nothing then walked off. This hotel is severely understaffed after normal hours. You would expect the service level to be the same whether at 1pm or 1am for a supposedly ultra luxury hotel that charges $1000/night.
Not at the Peninsula. I get better service at the Holiday Inn. Also
the guy who gave me the adaptor looked like he just out of prison.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Jinnies
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Jinnies,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor and for your feedback. I would be delighted to further discuss your arrival and hope you would contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Excellent location, extremely comfortable and quiet room, nice and not too large common area, very good equipment and facilities. Nice pool and SPA. Wonderful roof top bar. Helpful staff and friendly doormen. All is made for you feel at home. Last but not least : worth every penny you spend, which is quite rare in NYC... A small secret : it's my favorite in the Big Apple since more than 20 years without any disappointment!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tianax
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Tianax,

We are most appreciative of your kind words and thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that you've made The Peninsula New York your home away from home for the last 20 years. I trust we will continue to be your number one choice in New York for the next 20 years.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at The Peninsula while in Manhattan for a business trip a couple weeks back and was blown away. Having stayed in Manhattan before, I'm used to extremely small rooms and not much in terms of amenities. I couldn't believe how beautiful (and big) the room was!

Very spacious with a huge bathroom. Walk-in, marble shower, separate toilet area, and very deep bathtub with a television! Oscar de la Renta toiletries. They have different light switches in the rooms for mood lighting and regular lighting. Book lights on the beds and a little 'control station' right by the bed that controls the lights, temperature, tv, everything! Was a really cool room with great bed too. Even had turndown service. Front desk girl was incredibly helpful and when I asked a simple question, she walked me over to her computer so she could look at the subway routes and print it out for me...

Didn't partake in any of the mini bar items as the prices were astronomical, but as others have noted, most people that stay in this hotel probably don't even look at the prices.

The price of the hotel is very expensive, but in Manhattan, it's probably a decent value compare to some of the smaller boutique hotels with incredibly small rooms and not great service. My wife was jealous that I got the chance to stay here and will definitely be taking her the next time I have to go to New York for business (or pleasure).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear 1travelinman,

It is a pleasure reading your detailed and glowing review of our property. We are happy you were impressed by our product but more importantly by our staff and their extraordinary efforts. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again, and on that occasion with your family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Arrived laste on a Thursday eveniong to a warm welcome, first by the bell boys who took our bags straight away , and then by the friendly receptionist. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. The suite was gorgeous. There was a living room with huge TV, amazing bathroom (huge bath, sink, seperate toilet cubicle and seperate shower) and then the bedroom - the bed was very large and incredible comfortable. I can't fault the room hardly at all, my only dissapointment was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities.
The hotel has a reasonably well equiped gym which has a great view, and a swimming pool/spa. I didn't make use of the pool but I had a look inside and it looks very relaxing and calm.
I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant or visit the rooftop bar but the restaurant seemed busy all the time so I'm guessing it's pretty good.
In terms of location, it's perfect for a tourist, very central and an easy starting point to get around the cfity. So close to all the designer shops - dangerous if you're anything like me! I did visit downtown and have to say, although it's quieter and less hefctic, I'm glad I chose to stay uptown (the Piccadilly Circus of New York) as there's a lot more activity and easier to find something to do if you're not sure.
The hotel is pricey, especially drinks etc, but it rerally is a very nice hotel and I'm happy to pay for that standard.
To sum it up, the hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were super friendly. I'd highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go for a suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlotte-Rose86,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Peninsula New York on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had the opportunity to experience one of our suite accommodations. We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel as a perfect location in Midtown and for superior service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.