Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$197
  • Fitness centre
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$326
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
US$496
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$327
US$272
Official Site
US$758
US$708
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$232
  • Room Service
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$226
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
6,056 results
All reviewsrick's cafewine and cheesetimes squarenew yorkmini suiteevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelssmall hotelhard boiled eggslounge areaperfect locationwonderful hotelbig applethe theater districtstreet noisearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Hotel Casablanca- brilliant location (just off Times Square); really friendly and helpful staff; lovely wine and cheese reception from 5-8pm every night, and pretty good continental breakfasts. However a couple of negative points. Firstly, the suite we had was lovely and comfortable but pretty small, and also quite dark but I guess possibly this is the case in many hotels in NYC due to all the surrounding high buildings. I think we had been spoiled as we came to the Casablanca from provinicial New Jersey, where our standard room in a Hilton hotel was bigger than the entire Casablanca suite and much airier and lighter. Secondly, a warning about the noisy air conditioning- not sure if all the rooms are like this. I think we were in room 609 (it was a double bed suite). The first night, we shut the air conditioning off as it was so noisy, but even when off, the unit sounded like it was on and was making a noise. I asked at the reception about it, and the reception manager came up to our room to see what was the problem. He said that the noise from the unit when it was off was actually due to a very large air con unit that could be seen from our hotel window and that belonged to a neighbouring restaurant. Apparently they were meant to shut it off at midnight but they didn't always do this. Anyway, the issue was never properly resolved; our second night there, the noise did seem a bit less but it was still noticeable, and though my sister did sleep through it, I had to wear ear plugs to block it out!! I think I was disappointed as I was drawing a comparison to the Hilton in New Jersey, which had very quiet air conditioning- and it was completely silent when you switched it off!The air conditioning units in the Casablanca looked quite dated. I guess I just expected little niggly things like that to not be a problem as the accommodation at the Casablanca was what I would consider fairly pricey, and I think I expected the suite to be brighter and roomier, but perhaps I am asking too much from a hotel in such a great location in one of the best cities in the world. All this said, I would probably consider staying here again due to the location, helpfulness of the staff, and the cheese and wine reception, but would choose a standard room rather than a suite due to the price and would try to ask for a room that does not overlook the neighbouring restaurant's noisy a/c unit!

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room facing out onto the street rather than at the back of the hotel,to avoid noise from large A/C unit belonging to restaurant opposite the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Titian30
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We chose this hotel because of its rating on TA and we were not disappointed.

Location is brilliant - 3 doors from Times Square; 1 minute to the subway, surrounded by cafes and restaurants, walking distance to many, many shows. Despite the proximity to everything it is VERY quiet.

Loved Bryant Park and the New York Public Library which were just around the corner.

Breakfast and the evening drinks and nibbles made us feel very spoiled. Rooms were lovely, bigger than I expected and on arrrival we were greeted with some nice music and champagne on ice - delightful.

There is a laundry in the basement which we were able to use during our 3 week stay which was a real bonus.

Generally staff were fantastic - especially the housekeeping and cafe staff. The only exception was one grumpy guy on the front desk - he was very senior so should have known better about the impact that can have on your perception of the place. His bad attitude was balanced by the wonderfully helpful Ray.

Don't hesitate! We'll be going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mandymack
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Had our first stay at The Casablanca for three nights last week on our semi-annual theater trip to NYC. It will now be OUR hotel for these jaunts to NYC. It is a fabulous boutique hotel on 43rd street just around the corner from 7th Ave/Broadway which is the corner of Times Square with the Hard Rock Cafe, an unbeatable location and less noisy and crowded than the big hotels.

The rooms are a bit small but the service is the best in NYC--e.g., on the blistering hot days last week, the doorman was handing everyone cold bottles of water (free) on the way out and telling them to take care. The hotel called a few days ahead of our stay to see if there was anything they could do for us; I casually mentioned that we were celebrating 'no more college tuition bills' and when we arrived, we had lovely special treats in our room.

The cost (varies by season & room size) INCLUDES a nice big breakfast--cereal, pastries & bagels, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juice, fruit, yogurt) AND a 5-8 pm wine and cheese time AND coffee/tea/cookies at all other times. We ate a big breakfast, would return to the hotel for wine/cheese and then have dinner after our Broadway shows, saving money.

The hotel/rooms are decorated in Moroccan style and the lounge is called Rick's Cafe, of course. The room ammenties are really nice, including slippers. I love hotels that give you slippers--Why don't more American hotels give you slippers?!?

A real find amid all the indistinguishable chains in that area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vakamalua
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Casablanca at the end of June, this was our first trip to NYC so don’t really have anything to compare against, we chose the Casablanca due to it’s location given as close to Time Square and all the positive feedback left on Trip Advisor.

The hotel is a small boutique hotel and is definitely very close to Time Square, they are not joking when they say just steps away, we stayed in a cosy classic room, 503 I think, which I believe is their smallest room type, it was beautifully presented and available early on our arrival (bonus). The room size was good, similar to a Premier Inn back in the uk, the bathroom however was very small (knees touching the wall in front when on w.c.) but very clean and had everything you need. Our room overlooked a courtyard with the fire escapes in so no view but was very quite, didn’t hear a thing, considering the location that was excellent.

The Hotel has an area on the first floor called Rick’s Café which has complimentary tea, coffee, water and snacks available 24hrs, this is also where the complimentary continental breakfast and complimentary wine and cheese daily session happens and was a great place to take a pit stop after a hard days sightseeing and before preparing for the nights activities ahead.

All the staff we encountered were extremely pleasant and helpful, the hotel was well maintained, clean and excellently presented. You can tell the Hotel is very proud of its #1 status and you can also tell by the service you receive that they are very determined to keep it.

As I said at the beginning this was our first trip to NYC so couldn’t comment on whether it is #1 or not, but I would certainly recommend it to friends & family and I think that tells its own storey.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1_Mike_H_789
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Very quaint and wonderfully decorated boutique hotel in the heart of Times Square.

They also own the Library hotel which is one of my all time favorite hotels -just found that out afterwards!

First room we got was a room with a double bed that was so small that even the bathroom door could not close and had to remain totally open. I called and told them I loved my bed but wondered where my husband would sleep! This room had a wonderful remodeled bathroom.

They were very gracious and we received another room, this time with a queen bedroom and the bathroom was not remodeled. Very comfortable beds.

Coffee bar open all the time, free wifi - and strong signal!! Afternoon and evening snacks, wine and nice breakfast included.

Would we go back - YES.