“My favorite hotel in New York”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 467 Hotels in New York City
los angeles
“My favorite hotel in New York”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A year later, I still think of this place. It was the perfect place and visit, from wine and cheese to breakfast to warm, luxurious rooms to the ideal location. The entire property has such character. Just left me feeling good! Can't wait to go back. Perfect for couples.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (926)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
rescue
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Casablanca and it is our go to hotel in NYC.The staff are friendly and knowledgeable.I was provided with my silk almond milk for coffee without any problems.I love the location for quick walk to shows and time square you just can not beat it.Beds are very comfortable Bathrooms are classic looking but feature all modern stuff

Room Tip: Ask to be in back quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol n
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Casablanca Hotel is a great experience. A little pricey, but well worth the money for myself and my girlfriend. It's in the best location, with restaurants, clubs, and shopping within yards from the entrance. Looking forward to my stay during Super Bowl week. #dreamgetaway

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is everything others say
Peaceful oasis
Personable staff
Perfect location

We arrived from a transatlantic cruise on Queen Elizabeth (a 'bucket list' dream) to do Manhattan in 3 1/2 days! Our room was ready early and check in took just a couple of minutes

Hectic sightseeing was balanced by relaxing in Ricks for cheese and wine and breakfast served as politely as we experienced on QE

The only hiccup was when the private taxi to JFK was delayed by blizzard and alternative subway and AirTrain were cancelled. Just a shame Virgin didn't cancel our flight like 3000 others that day so we could enjoy an extra night of comfort at the Casablanca rather than battle with snow

When we return to NYC the Casablanca (or one of its fellow Library Hotels) will be the only place we'll book

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulMandon
British Columbia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I love your hotel! We were treated like VIP from the moment we walked in the door and each and every time we walked in and out someone was offering "hello's" or well wishes. Excellent help received from the staff planning our days. The room is very comfortable, beds are the most comfortable you'll find. The morning breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese reception were excellent. The food was superb and the ladies and gentlemen serving at these receptions were very professional. All staff was very friendly. The location is the best, pretty much step right onto Time Square (well very short 1/2 block walk - some New York blocks can be long). I will without hesitation stay again and recommend this hotel to all my friends and acquaintances. My husband and I travel a lot and only stay in 4 or 5 star hotels/resorts. Out of all we've stayed at Casablanca is tied for the best we've ever stayed at. The ONLY complaint I have is that one morning, when I went for breakfast, all the tables were taken and many with only 2 people although they could seat 4. Not one table of two offered their extra seating to me. I ended up carrying my breakfast to the room. This was very rude of the guests, in my opinion. I would recommend some sort of written sign on the tables that guests offer extra seating to other customers as there is not enough room for all guests to have a table to themselves. I would never fault the hotel on this. Real estate in New York is pricey! Not sure how to tactfully write it though or if such a sign would be acceptable.

Room Tip: I did't like the plastic mattress cover and took it off the bed after the first night. It didn...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a late addition as we stayed for 5 nights in early October 2013 and I have only just found my notes from the stay

As it was our first time in NYC we had done some research on the accommodation options which are many and varied.

Our brief for a hotel for our stay was that it should be centrally located, not a multi-storeyed intercontinental hotel but one that was smaller and characterful offering good value with good score and feedback on booking.com and trip advisor - bingo!!! The computer churned through the data and out came the Casablanca and we were not disappointed.

The hotel really is only steps from Times Square - 30 at most. It is also a haven from the hustle and bustle whilst being close to subways and a whole host of restaurants and theatres and within easy walking distance of even more attractions such as the Rock Grand Central etc.

Will start the review with the bad bit. We started in Room 303 at the front of the hotel. It has be understood that NYC is the city that does not sleep. At around 2.00 the construction work on the building included the feeding of what looked like air conditioning ducting material into a refuse vehicle for crushing. This noise lasted for a while and was then followed by the sound of pneumatic drills being used as part of extensive work in Times Square The result was a disturbed night. In such a busy city it is understandable that building work must be 24/7 and therefore it is difficult to blame the hotel.

Next morning we asked for noise attenuation devices to see us through the next night and in return we were offered another room. Room 608 is located at the back of hotel. The view is of the back of buildings but then we didn't come to the big apple to look out of the bedroom window!!!!!

Room 608 is a good size with a comfy queen sized bed, couple of chairs and table, walk in closet and - good sized bathroom - shower over bath with good pressure and temperature control plus an extensive range of bathroom products. The room has a good wi-fi connection. Most of all the room was very quiet - in fact there is very little internal noise within the hotel - all of the noise comes from the outside

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. A buffet breakfast is taken in a large room on the first floor and is communal, which allows you to catch up with fellow travellers. And there is an early evening drinks and nibbles event that takes place every evening which was much appreciated and provided a welcome break between sight-seeing and the evening activities. Much appreciated.

We liked the Casablanca. Intimate, comfortable, attentive, engaging, well located - are all words that come to mind when describing this hotel. We would return and in fact we are coming back in September 2014. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeteD60
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is located a half block off of Time Square, so it's convenient to walk to the NYC public library and the theater district. The lounge on the 2nd floor was nice. Overall we were very happy and would consider staying here again.

It's Time Square in NYC, so you should assume there may be a level of background noise filtering in from outside. It's the city, after all. So bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple