“3 sleepless nights”

Ranked #3 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“3 sleepless nights”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a King room on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel. The noise level from the street was unbearable and we suffered through three nights with almost no sleep. There is a window air conditioner in the only window in the room, with flimsy plastic on either side. As a result, we could hear entire conversations perfectly from the street below and of course heard traffic and construction noise all night. Hotel management told us they would be replacing the windows - but didn't know when. I suggest you either avoid this hotel until the windows are replaced, or demand a room at the back of the hotel. If they can't guarantee a room at the back, I would suggest finding somewhere else to stay. Management is well aware of the issue and they offer ear plugs and a white noise machine, but that's not going to help at 3 am when a building is being demolished nearby.
Too bad, because otherwise the hotel is great. A nice breakfast and a lovely afternoon reception is included in the price, but sleep quality is the most important thing on my list in finding a great hotel and this one just doesn't measure up.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms. According to Management, there are very few King rooms that aren't at the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank AbruptlyBiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (982)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

What a gem. Just a few yards away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square and yet this lovely hotel is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was very comfortable and had all that we needed and, just to make sure we were happy, the staff contacted us each evening to see if there was anything else that we wanted. A good breakfast and then free tea or coffee with pastries available all day. What a place. If you are visiting New York look no further.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roger E
Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Casablanca for our annual mother/ daughter trip to see Broadway shows. We have stayed the last two years at their sister property, the Library Hotel and have loved it. We were only staying two nights this year and thought it would be more time efficient to stay closer to Broadway. The staff were very eager to help us. When I realized that I had booked petite room with just a double bed, I inquired about a larger room and they did everything they could to accommodate us, even to move us to the Library Hotel. We chose to stay. While our room was very small, the location was perfect. In the cold weather, it was an easy walk to all of our shows which was really nice. A couple things to note - the bathroom is so tiny in the petite rooms, that I do not think my husband would ever be able to use the toilet The toilet buds almost right up to wall and toilet paper holder. I am 5 feet 2 in and barely fit. Shower is large though! And then on our first night, we did hear an alarm going off constantly which was the parking garage that is right beside the hotel. While it was annoying, on our next day/night we did not hear this so I am not sure if there was a problem at the garage that first night. The 2nd floor area where the breakfast and wine & cheese are served is the best part of the stay. We enjoyed the food and beverages and took full advantage of this wonderful reception area. The concierge made a dinner reservation for us and it was very nice. I recommend for its perfect location and wonderful reception lounge.

5 Thank mshtx
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were traveling with our two small children and my mother, and this hotel was PERFECT! Great location (right near Times Square and subway stops). Exceedingly nice staff. Convenient parking. The complimentary continental breakfast began our day as it should - fortifying yet relaxed. The room layouts worked for us as well - definitely recommend the suite for a family of four. This will be our go-to hotel for any future visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wonkavator
Moscow
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Room was very clean and spacious Staff were great - very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has absolutely great location! Closed to everything. Just a minute from the subway, Time Square. Within walking distance to Rockefeller Center.

3 Thank IrinaDyukova
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel!! This was our first family trip to NY (2 adults and 2 kids 9 and 11) and we were not sure what to expect. I selected this hotel based on other internet reviews, and I am SO glad that I did!! The staff at Casablanca are extremely friendly, helpful and eager to make sure that our stay was a wonderful experience-which it was. The hotel is located just off of Times Square and within walking distance to all the major tourist attractions and a subway station. The hotel was clean, and the suite room we stayed in was plenty big for the 4 of us-our view was unfortunately of the top of another building, but since we were barely in the room it was no problem for us and I think we probably slept better without the street noise. One other thing I would note is that some of the carpet and upholstery may be getting a little "tired"- but just barely enough to even mention. In my opinion, the Lounge area is a big part of what makes this hotel great. The breakfast selection was plentiful, the 24/7 availability of cappuccino and cookies was so much fun for our kids, and the wine and cheese reception each night was delicious. I especially loved the Prosecco (wish I would have written down the name of it!). The week we stayed the other guests we met were lovely and internationally diverse, we seemed to be the only guests with children. I would highly recommend Casablanca!!!

2 Thank M B
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

From start to finish our stay at the Casablanca was first class.

A perfect place to stay to experience New York in all it's glory.

The staff, the facilities, the rooms, the peace and quiet what more can I say.

100% recommended!