“Bliss a block away from hectic Times Square”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Bliss a block away from hectic Times Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked our vacation at this property thanks to the many reviews on TripAdvisor. My wife and I were not disappointed. The staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. For example, I was very happy the staff member manning the continental breakfast went out of he way to get me a breakfast when I showed up late.

I got a queen sized room, as we were going to be spending most of our time out and about anyhow. It was very comfortable and we slept very well. Perhaps too well because there were no windows in our room, which kept it very dark, and we drastically overslept one morning! Ah well. Take that as a recommendation about their beds! So if possible, one might want to ask for a room with a window, as I suspect ours was unusual in this regard, but maybe not. Could be different in a king size. That said, I liked how close it was to the wine and cheese reception area and the front door, just a quick jaunt down their fun and quirky stairwells.

The only hitch I had with the staff was that I had signed up for a "Top of the Rock" special, where they include tickets to the sky deck on top of Rockefeller Plaza, however, they did not hand these tickets to me or arrange for which date before I got there, and consequently we only had one choice day we could go (we had a 3 night stay). They promised to get me the tickets the next morning and sure enough they arrived at the crack of dawn. Not a big deal, as I completely forgot about it when I checked in or I would have asked! I was just happy to be there.

All in all this is a lovely boutique hotel who's staff aims to overachieve. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with outside windows?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is great. You are right on times square, literally 20 seconds away. And what is remarkable is that it really is a quiet oasis away from the busy New York streets. We could barely hear a thing in the room. The guest lobby ALWAYS has coffee/fruits/pastries and the continental breakfast is a good start to the day. Plus wine and cheese every night if you are not too busy to make it - on a trip to NYC we were so busy maybe took advantage 2 of 5 nights. It's a good thing! Means you are having fun.

If all the breakfast tables are full, don't forget about the outside patio. OOOOPS, did I let a secret out?

Service is impeccable, we don't ask for much but there was not one thing wrong in the entire trip.

1 Thank JKVancouver
North Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

From the moment we arrived from LaGuardia until the end of our stay, the folks at the Casablanca provided an island of sanity in the crazy, bustling, non-stop activity that is New York around Times Square. Every time we came back to the hotel, the people behind the front desk greeted us with smiles and asked us how our day had been, and if they could do anything to make our stay even more pleasant. The room we returned to was comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast and snacks at Rick's Cafe were wonderful. We will return here when we come back to New York and would highly recommend this oasis to anyone considering staying in the Times Square area.

1 Thank simbalemba
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Think of all the reasons hotels make it to a number one rating-location, perks, rooms, attentive staff- and the Casablanca has all of these things. Our room was an average size for a double bedded room, with nice toiletries, personal slippers, robes, and each room comes with two extra personal requests, like lighted makeup mirrors, memory foam pillows, or personal refrigerators. The continental breakfast was extensive, with an awesome espresso/ cappuccino machine, bagels, fruits, pastries, eggs, and the wine and cheese 3 hour cocktail party alone can save you a bundle even before you leave the hotel. Every staff member was caring and personable and helpful, and with Time Square right around the corner, the hotel is truly a quiet oasis from the city that never sleeps! This is definitely a return to hotel on our list, thank you to all who work at the Casablanca!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ReenPA
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

What an amazing hotel!!
Fantastic, very clean, very cosy with an outstanding and friendly staff everywhere!!
Thanks for giving me the chance of never forget New York again!!
I will come back again for sure!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PHILIP G
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I were researching hotels in New York for a couple of years before we booked at the Casablanca Times Square. We were so happy we booked at this hotel.
A few days before we traveled I made the mistake of reading a couple of bad reviews of this hotel and I would like to make some of comments on what we actually experienced. 1. We did not see any bugs of any kind at this hotel. The rooms were VERY clean. 2. The staff were very friendly and helpful. 3. Yes the rooms are small, and the beds are small, but my husband and I slept just fine in our double bed. 4. Our Air Conditioner worked just fine, we were there when it was very warm....
Some of the reasons we will be back at this hotel.... the rooms were very clean, we loved that the hotel was so close to Times Square and all of the the Broadway shows that we were seeing. Rick's Cafe was a huge hit. We would relax in the Cafe after a long day of sightseeing, with our complimentary wine and snacks. We really liked the fact that the complimentary wine was for 3 hours. After our relaxing wine and cheese, we would either head to our Broadway Show or for dinner.
Our only minor issue was that we had an early morning flight back home, which meant showers in the wee hours of the morning and there was no hot water. The water was just a bit warmer than cold. We survived though.

2 Thank Vedgi74
Homosassa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently returned from our first visit to this amazing hotel and it definitely won't be the last!! From now on it will be the only place we stay in NY. I won't repeat all of the wonderful things that have been said about this hotel (they are all true). We have traveled to many areas of the world and have stayed in some very nice hotels, but this one outshines them all. Is it the most luxurious, the most upscale, or does it have numerous amenities, wonderful views, large rooms? No, but it has something the others don't, and that is the magnificent staff!! Amin, the desk manager, and John, the general manager, have done an outstanding job selecting very special people to take care of all of the aspects of running a hotel. They are not only professional, helpful, courteous, but they treat each patron like family. I was a real pest during the booking process and had so many questions and concerns. Not once did anyone show impatience or annoyance toward me, but instead were kind and patient, and helpful at all times. Francisco, Ray, Steve, Victor, Jason, Kathleen, Jeffery, and Amin were amazing (I'm sorry if I left anyone out). I am missing them all already and thinking about how soon I can visit again. Of course, now that they are so popular, booking is much more difficult. A good thing for them, but bad for us!

Room Tip: We had a premium king which was perfect for us(room 510). It was so quiet, I thought we were the on...