“Perfect Place for my Husband's 60th Birthday!”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #3 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I'm not sure what more I can say that hasn't already been said in previous reviews....but I'll try!! The trip was a 60th brithday surprise for my husband and I had chosen the hotel from Tripadvisor based on it's theme and the reviews.The rooms, though a little small, are well decorated and spotless. The staff are all( and I mean ALL) friendly and helpful. We probably have even more to praise, as we were advised upon check in that we were upgraded to a "King" room.What a lovely surprise! The continental breakfast is much more than the usual you would get...the buffet including hard boiled eggs,fresh fruit salad,pastries,bagels,bread(could be toasted),cereals,etc.etc. We very quickly became addicted to the wine and cheese offered every evening! It is perfectly situated for the theatres and access to several subway entrances.Next time we head to New York we wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveljunkie088

Reviewed 18 May 2010

The Casablanca was great! We spent 5 nights there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The location is excellent, we walked and subwayed everywhere using a cab only once...to get to the airport. The staff were terrific, nothing was too difficult and they often went beyond the call of duty to be of assistance. I require a gluten free diet and after breakfast on the third morning I asked if it would be possible to get in some gluten free bread for me. Sure enough the next morning I was offered GF bagels and muffins...I was very impressed!! The breakfast is wonderful anyway and so is the complimentary cheese and wine that is on offer daily in Rick's Cafe. Rick's is a comfy, intimate lounge/dining area, with free access to a computer, newspapers, big screen TV and a good spot to chat with fellow travellers.
If in New York again, we shall return!

1  Thank Chilly063
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I have been to NYC about 4 times but I haven't enjoyed as much fun as this time!
Its location is the way too good to walk around the middle of Manhattan anytime you like.

Also, like others say, the staff were very helpful and friendly.Here's one of memories I had by staying at Casablanca. On the last day me and my gf wanted to have a dinner with a beautiful night view, I asked the concierge what they would recommend in NYC but the restaurant the staff called was totally booked. He said he would keep searching it while we are hanging out and would call at my cell when he finds somewhere else.

When we were in Staten Island he gave me a call, told me that he booked a restaurant for us, and gave me a detailed directions to the restaurant . After we came back to the hotel from the restaurant, I found an envelope on the table. He left a printout of the restaurant's website in case that we would come back to the hotel before dinner.

I've never seen a hotel staff this considerate, and I hope i will come back to Casablanca in the future.

1  Thank eveseyes
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The hotel is located directly next to Times Square, subway station is in 1 min, the hotel staff is extremly friendly and help you in whatever you need! Perfect

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Great staff, great location, great place to stay on a family, couple holiday.

The staff we fantasic, nothing was too much trouble and the advice on dinning etc was always great.
Always returned from a day out to their great happy hour where the staff and other guests were enjoying their great selection of red, white wine and Italian champagne.
Raphaela, Julian, Peter and all the staff were absolutely lovely , helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Great central location for travelling all over Manhattan and easily accessible from the airport via public transport. The room was spotless and well appointed and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great bonus having a real relaxing lounge area and coffee and cakes available all day, as you can pop back to refresh yourself during a busy day out. Evening wine and cakes also a lovely option, although the tempatation is to over-indulge and have no room left for an evening meal! Nice little touches like internet access and printer for on-line check-in. The city centre location is inevitably noisy, despite double glazing, so light sleepers might want to bring earplugs.

Reviewed 11 May 2010

We loved this hotel. We were so impressed by the courtesy and professionalism of the entire staff. The decor and ambience of the hotel is unique and charming. We were celebrating a wedding anniversary, and the hotel upgraded our accommodations to a king (from a deluxe queen) and provided a bottle of sparkling wine in our room on arrival. The complimentary continental breakfasts were nicely done with a wide variety of food choices. The complimentary wine and cheese hour at the end of the day was a wonderful bonus. The hotel is literally steps away from Times Square and, as a result, can be a little noisy at night, so if you are a light sleeper, you might want to ask for a room at the back of the hotel. We were so pleased that we are already planning a return visit! We will never stay anywhere else in New York!