“Yet another wonderful stay at Morgans!”

Morgans New York Hotel
Ranked #201 of 468 Hotels in New York City
MaxAndMom
“Yet another wonderful stay at Morgans!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from another stay at Morgan's - this was our fifth. Morgan's is our go-to hotel in NYC - always clean, wonderful staff, great breakfast. We love the Family Room on the 4th floor - nice place to get a cup of tea or coffee and do a little work on the computer or read. It's especially nice because it's private - for guests only.

Room Tip: We've never had a bad room!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind review. I guess the best compliment is that you keep on returning and believe me, that is so important. I hope to see you next time around!

Kind regards,

DR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Vienna
Reviewed 29 February 2012

What a gem! This inconspicuous-from-the-outside hotel in midtown (no name or address on the door) impressed from the moment I walked through the doors. I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff, and upon opening the door to my room, was blown away! The room was larger than those at many of the more expensive New York City hotels and was one of the best decorated that I've seen. The bed had an incredibly comfortable mattress and, best of all, had both foam and feather pillows! (Why do most hotels fail to recognize that many of their guests are allergic to down pillows?) It may seem like a small detail, but attention to detail is what separates good from exceptional. I found Morgan's to be exceptional.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
It is such an honor to be deemed 'exceptional'. Thank you so very much for your kind review. It makes us so happy to be able to provide you with what you need.

We hope you will soon return!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I love this hotel. I have been staying at the Morgan for at least 10 years and have never been happier to find this oasis in the dense overstimulating city of NY. The hotel is just cool enough. Yes the rooms can be small - OK tiny - but comfortable never the less and the hotel is generous with upgrades to large rooms if they are available. The staff is incredibly friendly - from the front desk, concierge to the cleaning crew.
I have had to travel to NY for business and in all the years I have been coming, I look forward to the pleasure of stepping out of the chaos and into the quiet cheer of the hotel.
Years ago the 4th floor had a buffet breakfast open to guests only - sleek and lovely - black-clad guest eased their way into the room - in my memory they were all skinny and looked as if they stepped out of some sleek office making movie deals. Now that room is a large quiet place and I think coffee might be available. Breakfast is now in the attached Asia de Cuba where the people watching never stops and the breakfast is bountiful.
Looking forward to my 6 planned trips there this year. Plan to book. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
I love that you have shared some of our history with readers! That is so wonderful. Yes, I recall those days too. I think I may have been about 40 pounds lighter myself!!!

Anyway, wait until you see our new Living Room and our new Breakfast Room. I think you will enjoy these venues even more.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your 'home away from home'!

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Morgans Hotel is a hidden gem in Midtown East. I just returned from a 3-night stay on February 23-26, 2012 and found the decor to be very modern and elegant. The room was well maintained and aesthetically appealing, and the bed was very comfortable. Despite being in the heart of NYC (in a great location, by the way), the outside noise at night was not at all bothersome.

The hotel staff were extremely hospitable and welcoming. Although I did not require a lot of assistance, when I did have questions or concerns, they were answered or addressed promptly. I truly liked the intimate nature of this boutique hotel and will without a doubt consider staying here on a future trip to New York City!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Your title really made my day!

Thank you so much for your review and for pointing out how comfortable the beds are. I sometimes stay over myself and I must say, they are quite luxurious.

I am also happy that you enjoyed the special feel of a boutique hotel. There is a particular sensibility to a Boutique that is hard to capture in a larger property.

We do hope you return some day soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We spent 4 nights at Morgan's during February. It was my 3rd time in NYC and my favourite yet. The hotel is in a fantastic location, the room was clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed me and my girlfriend have slept in.

We stayed in a standard room which was small but for the price we paid, more than acceptable. Simply can't fault the quality & comfort of the room.

The one negative I have is that I didn't feel the hotel staff were as helpful as I have experienced in other hotels in NYC. They were polite, courteous and sincere but I didn't feel they were going the extra mile as other hotel's staff have in the past.

Overall, we loved our stay and were delighted with the room which exceeded our expectations. The staff were very courteous but I needed them to be more helpful in order to give 5 *.

I would recommend the hotel but I would have felt slightly alienated had it been my first time in NYC.

Room Tip: 1806- fantastic view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your feedback.

I am very happy that you loved your stay but I am concerned about your impressions of our staff. This is a bit unusual and would appreciate some direct feedback as to what exactly transpired.

We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming, comfortable environment for our guests.

I hope you return and as you can see from the majority of the reviews, this was unusual although I have no doubt that your impression is a valid one! Perhaps someone had an 'off day' which again, is certainly not the norm!

Kind regards,

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in this wonderful hotel. The staff can't do enough for you and helped us out with things to see and do. The hotel has a very relaxed feel to it - which is just what you need after a busy day in the city.

Room: We had a standard room for the first night which had a gorgeous view of the empire state building. Unfortunately (and only a personal thing) I like to have a bath and this room only had a shower (very big). The staff managed to upgrade us the following day at no extra cost to a room with a bath. The rooms have lots of 'extras' which is nice - ie. Iron, ironing board, safe (no extra cost), travel adaptor, hair dryer, umbrella, bath robes & ipod charger/player & TV. Bed was sooooo comfy & would have liked to have taken it back with me!! There was no coffee making facilities in the room, however, they have got round this by having a 'living room' with all coffee/tea making facilities which could be taken up to room. My only negative about the 'living room' is that it can get busy with business people doing their work.

Breakfast: Breakfast was fantastic - cereal, yoghurts, croissants, bagels, fruit, muffins & toast. There was plenty to set you up for the day ahead. The breakfast manager was extremely helpful and friendly and always asked about our day and what we had planned - offering helpful advice when needed.

Location: Madison Ave, just off 5th. Good location as away from the main locations. Times Square is about a 10 minute walk, as is Grand Central Station & The Empire State Building.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel - we had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The taxis like to 'honk their horns a lot in NYC. We stayed on the 15th floor & could still...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your thorough and kind review.

You can always request a room with a bath when you make your reservation - we have plenty! Also, we will be expanding the size of our Living Room so there will be plenty of room for everyone who wants to use it.

I am very happy indeed that Brendan was attentive to your needs at breakfast. He has been here for 20 years and is an 'expert' on what the city has to offer.

We hope to welcome you back!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Morgans (Madison Ave) recently for a business trip - my regular hotel was sold out - and I had to come back for business a week later and I chose to stay at the Morgans again. Overall, this is a great hotel. Very friendly staff greet you when you walk in (they even remember your name when you go in and out), very clean, the rooms are simple but with a nice touch of modern luxury. Great flatscreen tv and tons of channels, the bed was very comfy, small bathroom but it's modern and love the big fat shower head. Breakfast is included which is a nice bonus, and it's a good mix of fresh croissants & pastries, delicious coffee and cereal, yogurt, etc. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business for a quick overnight stay, or for a couples weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexMontreal
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I love your title because it really describes what we try to achieve - simple elegance, without all the fuss.

Thank you for taking the time and for mentioning the breakfast options. I think for a complimentary breakfast, we do include quite a few options.

Hopefully you will return some day!