WE stayed at the Marrakech on Broadway for a short (3 night) stay from England - our first visit to New York. Given the very modest budget for this hotel, we though it was fantastic. The rooms are small, obviously in this price range, but they are spotless, everything works, and they are cleaned every day with fresh towels etc. All you would expect at a much higher priced hotel. The shower is good, and the bed V. Comfortable. The room does not have drink making facilities (common in North America), but the hotel is right next door to a Starbucks - so no problems there!
The best thing about the hotel are the lovely staff - all the ones we met were fairly young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very helpful - really nothing is too much trouble.
A few lessons learnt:
1) when booking, ask the hotel about the best arrangements to get from you airport to the hotel - the have good local contacts. We just jumped in a cab at the airport, and got a bit ripped off, I fear.
2) Two places to try - "Regional", just a few blocks down Broadway does simple Italian fare, but the quality is very high indeed. I had one of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten. And walk up to 120 St W to Toms Restaurant - very inconspicuous, but great food, and the BEST milkshake you will ever try!!
We plan to come back to NY, and wopuld definitely stay at the Marrakech again. A big Thanbk you to all their team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the pageantry, color, and welcoming allure of Morocco hotels - in one of New York Manhattan's trendiest emerging neighborhoods. Situated on the Upper West Side, the Marrakech Hotel boasts a chic design, NYC hotel accommodations, and a fantastic location in beautiful New York City, all at an attractive price. Walk up one flight into our vibrant NYC hotel lobby, filled with ceramic tiling, authentic Moroccan lamps, and colorful ottomans and tables - ideal for relaxing by yourself or hanging out with friends. Spread out in comfortable, exotically designed guest rooms. And once you've unpacked, explore the wonders of the Big Apple. The NYC subway is directly outside the hotel, just a short ride to New York downtown attractions such as New York City Times Square and NYC Fifth Avenue. Our hotel accommodations feature upscale amenities such as flat-screen TVs, plush, European bed linens, and CD clock radios. You can also enjoy high-speed Internet access, daily maid service, and a laundry valet service. You'll feel so pampered in our hotel that you'll forget you're traveling on a budget! Looking to refresh yourself after a day of sightseeing? Perhaps you're getting ready for a night on the town? Your hotel room bathroom is equipped with fine Ecco bath products, as well as a shower with a soothing massage head - creating a truly rejuvenating experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marrakech Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marrakech Hotel New York City
- Hotel Marrakech New York
- Marrakech New York City