Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$147
US$116
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
2,279 results
All reviewstimes squarehi expressfree breakfastnew yorkthe breakfast areayogurtport authoritycandlewood suitesbreakfast staffrooms are smallevery morningcity viewthe empire state buildingpenn stationaround the cornerfew blockshell's kitchen
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The pictures were not like the hotel! When I told the manager this, her reply was "that's how we get you in"! Stupid me used Expedia and paid upfront big mistake as we left a day earlier and they would not refund me any money. The rooms look spacious in the photo's they are not! We paid extra for a nice view you had to look around the corner to see the empire state building, the breakfast was all microwaved cooked and seating for about 50 people and there were any where between 100-130 people wanting to eat at the same time, you either had to wait for a seat or go back to your room, the carpets were filthy, the sheets were stained and there was no security, anyone from the street could walk right in and access the elevators to any of the floors, it was on the side street of 39th next to a parking garage which also didn't feel so safe! The stair doors are directly behind the elevator, so if you didn't watch it someone would fly out of the stairwell door and just about knock you unconscious. I would never go back or recommend this hotel to anyone! Very disappointing for the money spent! I have no idea how this hotel has good ratings, the people rating this hotel are either from 3rd world countries or they are made up!

Room Tip: Don't stay and you won't have to worry about choosing a good room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Diane E
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Diane E,

We appreciate your business. I am terribly sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectations. I admit that our breakfast area does get a little congested during our peak hours. However I am glad to know that you did not have any issues with our staff directly, and it was only with the cleanliness and congestion with our breakfast area. I will address the cleanliness of our carpets and rooms to our housekeeping department. I hope you can give us a second opportunity. Thank you for your feedback and staying with the Holliday Inn Express Times Square.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has far exceeded my expectations.

From the moment I arrived, the staff was very warm and accommodating. My flight to NYC landed earlier than the check in time, but because I called in ahead, I was allowed to check in early. Furthermore, I received a late check out, free of charge, when I joined their rewards program.

The hotel is aptly located in Manhattan. It sits between 8th Avenue and 9th avenue on W 29th Street. It is a short walk to Times Square, Broadway and Macys. There are small restaurants on the same street and a short walk to the south toward 9th Avenue, you will end up in Hell's Kitchen where there are a variety of eating places. When checking in, the staff will provide you with a printed list of nearby restaurants which offer delivery to the hotel, if you don't feel like going out.

The rooms are NYC type, smaller than in Florida or elsewhere in the States but I had room 2601 and I thought it was big enough for me and had a view of the city.

The breakfast was a bit limited but it was complementary continental, so I did not expect more. Coffee is provided all day though, free of charge.

I will highly recommend this hotel to all. Their service was stellar.

Room Tip: The higher- the better. better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ElianaRG
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Eliana RG,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am really glad to know that our rooms and reception staff have far met your expectations. Our hotel strives for our guest satisfaction and I am happy to know we were able to do just that. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is very nice. rooms are OK. clean.
Reception is very helpful and gives you great service (especially Juicy very kind).
Breakfast is also good. the only problem is sometimes waiting few minutes for the elevator.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear MoikMoik,

Thank you so much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. We are glad to know that our rooms met your expectations and that our staff were attentive. I do apologize for the delay of the elevato0rs, at times we have groups stay with us and it can get a bit congested. We hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Holiday Inn express is a short-stay hotel brand. I stayed here for 12 nights in May and it was a pleasant stay. The 39th st. position of the hotel is good if you're moving around the Times Square area, and it's close to everything "touristy". There are lots of restaurants nearby on the 9th avenue. It is a clean place; comfortable beds. The hotel has 35 or 36 floors, so if you're on any of the top floors water pressure could be a bit low, but not a big deal.

The lifts they can't do anything about, but yes, there are two, and they're in constant use. If you're outside "rush hours" they're pretty fast. During my 12-night stay I had to wait only once for about 10 minutes. All staff is polite and very nice; especially the breakfast staff are cheerful and taking their time to explain the various appliances to get the coffee, juice or pancakes. They really deserve a commendation for being so cheerful - it's not easy to work in those quite ... should we say... tight spaces. If you have your breakfast a bit earlier than most (i.e. at about 6.30-7) then there's plenty of space to sit down. During "rush hour", not so much.

Internet connection may vary in throughput and capacity. It's OK to read the odd e-mail or newspaper, but don't presume to download the latest Netflix film! When people do, it goes excruciatingly slow!

In all, a good stay in a good place.

Room Tip: If you can, choose rooms on lower floors if you're in a hurry or a time optimist...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jay C
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Jay C,

Thank you so much for booking your accommodations with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. We are glad to hear that our rooms and breakfast met your expectations. I lament to hear that you experienced some technical difficulties with the Wi-Fi. Overall, we are happy that your enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward in welcoming you back during your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we visited New York City, the hotel is well located and within easy walking distance to scheduled transport and Times Square. The hotel was clean and staff were very friendly and efficient and were always willing to help. We had a nice room on one of the top floor which gave a good view of the City and Hudson River.

When I return to New York, I will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the small supplement for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank katask

Dear Katask,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed the city/ river view from your room. Our staff, strives to provide efficient and friendliness service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property!