“Great choice!!”

Da Gennaro Restaurant
Ranked #753 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Ciudad Victoria, Mexico
“Great choice!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner, the place was almost full and I thought they wouldn't accomodate us cause he had a baby in a stroller, but they were so helpfull!! And the food was delicious and the restaurant is very pretty

1 Thank denissegLz

Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabuloso”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food is great.the women who greets u is the sweetest.nothing like good people.she talked with me for a half hour like I was her fsmily.the food was good old fashioned Italian food.went 3 times this week.august 20q4...will go back tomorrow again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank boxingbabe
California
“Nothing Compares”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Da Gennaro Restaurant was a random pick after walking down the street in Little Italy. Oh what a great choice it was. The cheese ravioli was to die for. The food melted in my mouth and the wonderful tastes stayed with me! I don't think I can ever eat at another Italian restaurant anywhere. In addition to the wonderful food, the service was outstanding! Our water glasses were refilled constantly, extra napkins appeared without asking and empty dishes were whisked away quickly. There were many people waiting not only on our table but every table around us. It was a wonderfully, quiet relaxing dinner. If in New York get to Da Gennaro's and enjoy the best meal you'll ever experience!

1 Thank rose1507
Vineland, New Jersey
“One of the best in Little Italy”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being an Italian American, I can tell you that most of the restaurants on Mulberry Street in Little Italy are authentic and it is hard to go wrong with a choice. But one thing that is difficult to do is to hold out for your best choice, especially on a weekend because as soon as you hit Canal St. and Mulberry St., you are greeted (almost accosted) by hosts and maitre d's enticing you to look at their menu or try their restaurant. It takes a lot of discipline to hold out and find just the right place. Da Gennaro's is reasonably priced (for NYC), the service is attentive, sidewalk tables are not crowded in, and best of all, the food is terrific. The topper is the friendliness of the staff. We were not too thrilled that the local street hosts have been getting more brazen, but our maitre d', David, was a hoot--entertaining, affable and funny.

2 Thank Paul C
Miami, Florida
“Thanks to Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in NYC this weekend. My mother, niece and I decided we wanted to eat in Little Italy, except I didn't know which restaurant we should choose. Based on Tripadvisor, we went to Da Gennaro's because of the positive reviews. The food and service did not disappoint. I had the lobster ravioli - delicious! Recommended!

1 Thank Cristina M