The Standard, East Village
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthousecooper squareastor placecorner king roombubble bathnew yorkfloor to ceiling windowstrendy hotelthe high lineevery staff memberthe entire stafflower east sidehigh floorrooms are smallmini barbed was very comfortableloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had stayed here last year and was pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome I received . The young staff here are excellently trained and very pleasant and helpful. The Hotel itself is a gem with wonderful views of south Manhattan. July 4th fireworks were easily seen. The Restaurants are excellent too a definite NY vibe that less pretentious than Standard Highline. I gladly recommend this gem.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give you more commanding views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have spent a good deal of last year at the Standard. Yes it has small rooms, but the location, the view of the rooms, the roof terrace make up for it and more. Specially the location.

The only reason I am writing another review is to publicly say thanks to Julie Kim, from their reservations department.

I had my reservation done through the travel agent that handles my company's business. Due to an error in their system, they quoted me a price that was not what the hotel had on my reservations (it was about 70% less than the hotel rates). I contacted both the hotel and the travel agent. The agents recognised their error, and essentially told me "tough luck". Faced with the prospect of a trip costing 70% more, I asked her if she could discount the rate in someway. Her reply: "we will honour the original (wrong) rate as a gesture". Now, this is what I call a gesture.

The hotel did not have to do it, but somehow, I did not expect anything else. Top class.

Room Tip: Ask, beg if necessary, for a high room. It is worth for the wall to wall window
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcn_uk
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here in July 2014 for a conference at NYU. It was a great location, just a few blocks away from NYU, Washington Square park, and several good restaurants. The staff was amazing and went above and beyond to accommodate our early arrival and late departure -- storing our bags, providing a comfortable area after check-out and before airport transportation for us to change clothes, recharge iPhones, and rest (a cool spot on the 2nd floor surrounded by windows with a great view of the courtyard). Stephan, Makke, and D'Angelo were very attentive and provided service with a smile -- very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff gave a fabulous dinner recommendation and handled the reservation. The calamari in the hotel's café was delicious. Service was slow, but we weren't in a rush so it was fine. The place got very busy in the evening. The side courtyard was the perfect spot for a late night cocktail. The room was modern and comfortable. It was small, but the wall of floor-to-ceiling windows provided a great view and made the room feel much larger. The lip-shaped throw pillows made us smile!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great, just by the East village bit still quite central. Rooms are nice and clean and the restaurant has a great atmosphere all days of the week. The best part is the staff who are extremely friendly and helpful! Stayed for almost three weeks and they make you feel at home!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have been there with our bay of 2 years pls. the place is not really kid's friendly but definitely the best place for singles and couples. the staff very professional, great view on the city and the guest service really efficient. I forgot there my beauty case and they settled the shipping to my house in one week time.
thanks