“Friendly and serviceminded - good value!”

The Standard, East Village
Ranked #185 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Standard East Village is a relatively new and fairly small hotel. But it has a yuothful style and charm about it. The restaurant and bar has great service and a 24 hour buzz about it. Yet at no time did that disturb my sleep.
From check-in to check-out the staff was accomodating beyond what can be blamed on the perpetual quest for Tips. The stay was great and I will recommend the hotel to anyone.
And for "eye-candy", the hotel is at the absolute top.

Room Tip: Upgrade yourself slightly, it gives you the better view.....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Standard, East Village

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Such a wonderful hotel, stylish rooms, lovely views, great staff (very friendly and professional), fantastic value for money, lively atmosphere, close to all the best NY places and all in all an unforgettable stay!
I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I could not have picked a bettter hotel during the visit of my gf. Everything was just absolutely perfect. The staff was helpful for everything especially Jacob and Kash ~ I was there for 3 days and i always catch them with a smile every single time. I also had jacob and kash recommend places to eat for lunch , dinner and dessert spots. All walking distance. I stayed at the deluxe corner king and the view was beautiful. Worth every penny ! I would definitely go back without a doubt !

Room Tip: top floor ! corner deluxe king.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank khrislim216
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with my teenage daughter in a Standard Double. Room and view was fabulous. Comfortable beds, plenty of clean towels and nice boutique hotel feel. Had room service a couple of times and was brought up with minimal wait. Had drinks downstairs and staff organised a table for us without a booking - priority given to hotel guests which was nice. Also had breakfast at outdoor terrace which was delicious. Staff were very helpful - overall great experience which I can't fault and I will definately return.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JustJillGo
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel has clean and new rooms, but even more important, for a reasonable NYC price. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. As a hotel guest you have access to a wonderful courtyard and a work-out facility across the street. I highly recommend the hotel and its location in Cooper Square near NYU.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Standard for my Birthday celebration, everything was perfect! from the cool young staff members, the breathtaking views overlooking Manhattan, the unique design of the property, spectacular drinks at the bar and of course the impeccable Dinner at Narcissa.

Room Tip: chose a high floor if rooms are available, the sunsets are breathtaking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank OcramIhcsuber
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and left a suitcoat hanging in the closet. When I realized I called the hotel and they said they had it. I went back the following day to pick it up and my handmade Italian 1500$ coat was stuffed into a plastic bag that was no more than 6" in diameter. I was horrified that this would be the way a nice coat was treated.

In addition the hotel had an extra charge from the cafe on my check out that I did not charge to my room. They took it off the bill only to add it again after I left. Since I never charge things to my room I know it was not mine. The same thing happened when I stayed at the Standard West Village last year and had to call and get it removed.

I think I'll stay elsewhere because while it's beautiful there is common sense lacking.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Hanzlander66
Serena L, General Manager at The Standard, East Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Hanzlander66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I was truly disappointed to learn of your experience. Rest assured that I have addressed the matter with our team and we are revisiting our practices to ensure that this does not happen again.

I would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in The Standard, East Village and will be reaching out to you directly to discuss.