“Tons of issues”

Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
Ranked #366 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am a loyal Hilton member, I even have the Hilton credit card. I have never had a problem at a Hilton or at least one that the hotel did not correct to ensure my stay was good. I had a lot of problems at this hotel that started at check in. My rates at check in did not match the rates I received and had on my online receipt, as I was checking in I was told the pet fee was one thing and the website showed another come to find out there were 3 different pet fees (one online, one verbally and one on their pet contract) none of which were the same. I had a dirty room that they did correct. All of this they did correct, but what really got to me was that when I returned home there were 3 different charges on my card. Two pending charges that were no where close to what a pending charge should have been and one charge for that was correct for the room. I am still trying to get rid of one of the pending charges almost a month later! I called Hilton customer service and they send messages to the hotel to contact me, yet so far they have not contacted me (I have now called 3 times). I understand that hotels hold some funds but this is ridiculous, who gave them permission to hold all of these funds? I realize that I may be one of few customers that this happens to, but their efforts to correct this continuing error are very poor. I understand that this can happen and because of my positive Hilton experiences, I will continue to stay with Hilton, but this is definitely disappointing. It also said there was a pool at this hotel and there is Not.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelly1013
Sebastian A, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Shelly1013

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I would love to invite you back to show you how we do things. Don't hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are visiting us here in the big apple.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Within walking distance of Times Square, shopping, theater district, and the subway. The staff was very friendly. The room, although small (it is New York), was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Room was located at the front of the hotel and our view consisted of the building across the street but if we looked up we could see other buildings (a higher floor would provide more to see). It can get crowded in the foyer when there is only one elevator working and there can be a bit of a wait. Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Passion4Travel4Life,

Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We would love to invite you back to our property the next time you are visiting the big apple.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Employees were so friendly at this hotel-just made for a good experience. The carpet was worn in our room and a couple towels we received were thread-bare. Overall, it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary M,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The person that was suppose to help me during check-in kept me waiting for more than 20 minutes even though I was the only one there. Restaurant waitress was very unprofessional. They served me almost raw eggs. I felt that I was begging for minimum service

Dear Dean G,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I thought a chicken sandwich was the best value and safe. I think the chicken was cooked over an hour. I couldn't bite into it or cut it. Very poor quality. Overall the hotel was great. The bed was comfortable and clean. The closet would not fit my business suits and other clothes so I would skip the safe in the closet and making it more roomy.

Dear Scott W,

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has it all! Right in the heart of Time Square... Steps away from TKTS, subway, NBC studios and 5th Ave. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly, while the room was spacious with a gorgeous view. Will not stay anywhere else when visiting NY.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tjww2,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This location is perfect if you're traveling via Amtrak/Train. Listed as "Times Square South", you're actually in Hells Kitchen. It was a short walk to Penn Station, Macy's and plenty of food/drink. I didn't head uptown to Times Square, but didn't look far.

1  Thank 866carap