Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
2,112 results
All reviewstimes squarewarm cookiespenn stationnew yorkjavits centerrooms are smallfront desk staffhell's kitchenfew blocksempire state buildingaround the cornercentral parknycmsgdistrictbellmanbroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Hotel is in a good location very clean ,the rooms are small but clean
The hotel is on a noise busy road which is busy all night
We travel as two families with children
New York was fab we loved it
Plenty of shopping ,lots of attraction
My advise would be to book attraction before you travel and plan what you want to do each day

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sebastian A, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear michelle35car,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I would love to invite you back to show you how we do things. Don't hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are visiting us here in the big apple.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We did a family trip to the city for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. This is hotel is located on 36th St which was an easy walk to Macys. We had small kids with us and they enjoyed the walk. The hotel room is very small but clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The parking was is very close to this hotel. We paid $45 a day for parking but we had access to our car if needed. The onsite restaurant was good for breakfast but not for any other meals due to price. We paid $95 and tip was included for 5 meals and 3 of the meals were kids meals. Overall the hotel was good. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We would love to invite you back to our property the next time you are visiting the big apple.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

my fbest friends wonom oneof themhas an ALZ wanted to spend their last vacation asked us to join thier vacation we agreed they wanted to go to Manhattatn and we enjoyed our visit the hotel staff was so terrific to ensure we enjoywed our stay there Glad we make our hotel choice in the last minute. thanks again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robert M,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel a lot for work and tend to book the Hilton hotels as you can expect certain standards without high rates. But this particularly Double Tree falls well below the standards of other Hilton Hotels that I have stayed in the US.

It's the little things that make this hotel so terrible to stay in - the fact that there are two overused elevators and you often have to wait 10 -15 minutes to get up or down to your room. That complimentary water is provided once the first night you stay and then never seen again. I have heard at least 10 guests asking for water at the front desk.

But the worst bit about the hotel is that anything that comes out of the kitchen is uneatable. Breakfasts are over cooked and greasy, there are no condiments and you often have to wait just to get a plate so you can serve yourself some food - I would suggests guests avoid breakfast here and eat out if you can.

I ordered one dinner in the hotel and it was so revolting I threw it up later that night - a unseasoned pasta with only the half the ingredients described on the menu and swimming in a cup full of cheap and nasty oil. One of the worse meals I have ever eaten.

The staff are very friendly, but could do with some training on how not to forget or get wrong everything you order, as could their kitchen staff in how to cook.

The only good meals I had were from the Chinese Takeaway menu that was put under my door - this Chinese was actually quite good and with fast delivery saved me from starving some nights while I was working in the hotel.

I know you can't fix the lift situation overnight but seriously management of this Double Tree - you could do a lot better to make this place at least bearable for business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Best tip is stay in the Chelsea or Times Square Double Tree instead. But if you have to stay here get one of the lower floors so you can take the stairs and don't have to wait for the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zoe H

Dear Zoe H,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room was very small but that was to be expected. The bed was great. Extremely comfortable and beautiful linens. The bathroom was great. Nice view from the 22nd floor. Great staff, very helpful. It was about eight blocks to the Broadway theatres we attended, easy walk. But also very accessible to Macy's and Penn Station.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family