“THE WORST NIGHT EVER!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #400 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Aventura
“THE WORST NIGHT EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Looked forward to trying a new property to stay in. Paid for the reservation in advance, so couldn't just leave, and since it was 11pm, not much choice. Got bit during the night! Possibly bed bugs! Had to stay there but the place was filthy, no phone in the room, dirty bathroom, pictures are not accurate, staff was not accommodating. I read the reviews that were posted, and I think they were for another hotel. I would never stay in this hotel/hostel again, and would NEVER suggest anyone else stay there!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Harriet M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here with my husband 22-26th May - from the start the staff could not do enough and even allowed for my husbands post to be delivered a few days earlier (stuff you can't get delivered in the UK). We asked for a refurbished room on a higher floor and that is exactly what we got. The room exceeded our expectations with a ceiling fan, air conditioning unit, tv and large walk in shower. The room was cleaned each day and the bed was extremely comfortable. Our room was 62B so nice and quiet at the back of the hotel, there was no view but this was not a concern when your seeing all the sights in the day and in the room at night. The only slight issue is there is a small gap under the door so light can be seen and guests can be heard coming in at 5am! I did get a peek at a room across from us that had bunk beds and a small window and looked like a hostel, this looked completely different to our room which was typical of a hotel. The hotel location is excellent with subway 96street being on the next street so very easy to get around. On the day of our departure we were able to leave our cases for $2. The upper west side is a lovely place to stay with lots of amenities and a glimpse at real life in NY. Its away from the bustle of Times Square and we would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Refurbished room on a higher floor.
2 Thank KellyandAdam
Orange, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

This place is a hidden treasure in a city where finding a hotel room under $250 is a near impossibility. We were expecting very little, so what we got was delightful. The rooms were small and the attached bathroom (for which we gladly paid extra) was so tiny that I could barely turn around, but the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, it was relatively quiet, the staff friendly and considerate, and the location ideal. Best of all, the beds were topped with a cozy comforter that I wrapped myself in at the end of each day, happy to be in such a simple but pleasant place on the upper westside. We would definitely return to the Royal Park!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

We had a wonderful time, the price/quality exceed our expectations!
the staff was really helpfull, friendly and cover all our requests inmediately.
it is near to the subway station so its really easy to go and come. there are restaurants around and a 24 hour supermarket with great products.
we highly recomend this hotel and next time we come to manhattan we definitely stay here.
thanks for everything!

Fiorela and Rodrigo.

Room Tip: 22 G Private bathroom!!!!!
3 Thank FIORELA R
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

This upper west side hotel is truly a hidden gem.
The check in was super quick and easy, and honestly when I went to my room I expected something completely different for the price, because on the dates I went to New York every hotel was like 250 a night minimum and the hotels were in shady locations and very ugly and dirty, but this one was the least expensive yet the best one (175/night). When I entered my room I was shocked, the beds were very clean and it was very bright, the room had 3 windows, and it has a little part with exposed brick very New York style, the bathroom was soooo clean that I could actually lick the floor, the shower had a rain head which was really great. Everything in the room was like if they just remodeled it the day before.
My room was the Double Double with private bathroom on the seventh floor, I chose private bathroom because I was nervous about sharing a bath with god knows how many people, but the next time I go to this hotel I will be at a shared bathroom, you know why? because I checked it out and it was ultra clean, and there are 2 shared bathrooms per floor, so you are sharing the bathroom with 5 or 6 rooms more (that's just my guessing). One thing I'd change is the elevator, because it takes to long to get there after you press the button to request it.
This hotel is so versatile, because it can act as a familiar hotel (I went with my family), or it can be just as well a hostel of young people looking for fun in NYC, I actually noticed how they guy from the reception gave a group of friends free passes to a nearby club.
There is a refrigerator, microwave and a coffeemaker in a room in the lobby, also they have computers and a printer (I believe they have a fee for using them), there is free WiFi, but I was on the 7th floor and I could not connect from there so I had to be at the lobby to get internet, but who goes to NY to be at your computer anyway?
Everyone who works at the hotel is so nice and very friendly and kind.
You have riverside park just one block away, and central park 4 blocks away. The subway station is just around the corner!
Check out was also very simple, I just gave them the keys and that was it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at a low floor to take the stairs because the elevator is not very fast (but it works...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leo G
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in March and were pleasantly surprised. The location is perfect, around the corner from the subway which will take you to most places in Manhattan, a starbuck and 7/11 around the corner too. The rooms were small and a bit worn, but clean and all you need as there is so much to do in NY that you dont spend too much time in the hotel! the wirelss worked fine, however the radiators do make a noise at night. Very friendly and helpful staff as well

Room Tip: Get a room with a private bathroom
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Good place to stay for the money. Staff was very nice and the room was good for the money. If you are looking for up scale four star this is not the place for you. If you are looking for safe, convenient, affordable, clean place this is it. I would stay again. Building is old, but beds and bathroom were not. Get one with a private bath. Higher floors seem to be nicer. We stayed on 6th floor.

Room Tip: Get one with a private bath. Higher floors seem to be nicer. We stayed on 6th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends