Royal Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate bathnew yorkown bathroomcentral parkaround the cornersafe neighborhoodbig roomhotel roomtimes squarebig citysubway stopcleaning staffblockmanhattanwestsidebroadwaystarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Have been at Royal Park for 2 nights with my girlfriend, the location of the Hostel is awesome very close to the subway station, restaurants, pharmacy and all what you may need, the staff is awesome, no words! They are very friendly, all of them with no exceptions! They allowed us to early check in and to take a bath after the check out! for sure will stay here more times when in NYC! Very Clean and very confortable rooms, simple but excellent for the price!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello,

Myself and the entire staff here at the Royal Park Hotel want to thank you for your review. Especially the part that we were helpful and friendly. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. If you ever find yourself in New York again please give me a call and I will give you a special managers rate.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Well I was pretty dissapointed by this hotel / hostel! For money that costs us 2 nights in there I can afford 4 nights in good hotel elsewhere. I know its Manhatan but its was insane, staff was friendly and helpfull but otherwise it was disaster . There is only one toilet and washroom for whole floor and its still packed , we were lucky that we have room next to it so we can hear that someone is leaving and run there :/ ... room was poorly equipped and small, beds from Ikea were comfortable but one of them was broken we have to repair it before go sleep. We found only two elecric plugs in there in room for 4 people its really not good. Also parking near hotel were more expensive than they say on booking , its was like 35 USD per day (with tax). If this room costs 5 times less or if it will be in central africa I will understand and accept this conditions but otherwise dont try it!

Room Tip: Well higher your room is more steps you have to walk because there is only one lift and its usualy occupied.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank stanislavholis
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of that room. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. I unfortunately did not receive any feedback from you about this. I could have resolved things and accommodate you much better. I would also like to make you aware that there are 2 bathrooms per floor as well, i apologize you were not informed of this. If you please give us another chance, I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and walk in bathrooms next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates next time you are in New York City. Just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Forget Nathan Road, this hotel links to the biggest shopping centre we have ever experienced.

Hotel staff very polite and efficient and the breakfast has plenty selection of food for all tastes. Rooms large and very clean, bathroom has plenty of space. Good thing about this hotel is that they run a free shuttle bus hourly to Kowloon. Very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank js8808
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your review. The review is great but we believe you have made a mistake. We are the Royal Park Hotel in NYC not the one in Japan. We would like to invite you to our hotel some time you are in NYC and we will offer you our most renovated rooms equipped with Queen mattresses, flat screen television, and walk in showers. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. I would also like to offer you special managers rate. Just please give me a call at 212-665-7434 and I will take care of you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We spent our first three nights in NYC at Marrakech up the street. Both hotels had the same ratings as the Royal Park so we didn't expect anything new for our last night. We chose to move to the Royal Park for our last night since the rate went down substantially. We immediately wished we stayed at Marrakech.
The room was tiny. The bed/bed frame would lift up if only one person sat on the side of the bed. There was a constant creaking/dripping from above our room that kept us up all night.
Sharing a bathroom wasn't bad (we love hostels) until the morning. The cleaning staff started cleaning it at 9am so there was a line throughout the morning. Worst part, no water pressure! Once I got into the shower it lasted maybe 3 minutes. 0 pressure and shifted from scalding hot to ice cold.
Staff was friendly and fairly helpful. I was caught off guard, though, that there is a $5 late check out fee (first time I've seen this. Marrakech did not charge) and fee to store luggage.
Overall, not what we expected.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank CharBasc
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. I invite you to give us another chance so we can show you our newly renovated rooms with private bathroom. I would also like to offer you special manager rates next time you are in New York City. Just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Pictures on website are false and misleading! These must have been taken at another hotel. It is shabby and run down not "European Stylish" as they bill on their website. Our double bedroom was so small we could barely get around the bed and had no space at all in the room! As for the bathroom- the sink was no bigger than a soup bowl, water pressure was terrible and the water was either scalding hot or freezing cold. The room was cold and we could hear the plumbing from surrounding rooms.
Plus you have to pay to store your luggage. I would no recommend this place. Hostel is a better description than hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of that room. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and bigger bathroom next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates next time you are in New York City. Just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates.