“I was very impressed from the moment I checked in with the amazing staff!”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Ranked #327 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I travel every year to New York by myself and found this place on expedia. It was in a great location in SoHo within walking distance of the subway and many great restaurants. I'm a 30 year old female and I felt very safe at this hotel, especially at night. The staff was remarkable. Super friendly! (That is shocking in New York, haha!). I stayed for 5 days and every employee, down to the cleaning staff said hello at every opportunity. The rooms have Starbucks coffee and Tea with a bottle of water everyday. Nice to have when I'm cruising around the city. Clean bathrooms too.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 29 August 2011

It took me awhile to settle on booking at the this hotel, mainly because it was my first time to NYC and I was unfamiliar with the areas and transit. However, this hotel is in a great location, nearby to several subway lines and bus routes. I found it very easy to navigate the MTA from this hotel. The staff was very friendly, and always saying "Hello" or "Welcome back!" anytime I entered the building. Mainy people say the rooms are small but I found it quite adequate for my needs. I was on the 2nd floor with a street view and didn't notice any street noise. It had been raining off and on while I was on my way to check into the hotel and I asked the staff if they new a place nearby in which I could purchase an umbrella, low and behold they have umbrellas in stock for customers use, free of charge...unless you lose it. Sammy the bartender is wonderful, he makes you feel like you're at the corner bar conversing with a friend and not at a hotel bar with a stranger! Overall, great hotel (very clean), great staff, and great location. I definitely will be staying here again the next time I visit the Big Apple.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This is a great hotel. At first, the location seems strange in an industrial area. Once you get out and walk, however, you'll see what a great spot you're in...just a block or 2 away from great Soho restaurants and shops. We walked everywhere in the area from Soho to NYU to Tribeca to Chinatown. Subway is only a few short blocks away.

Front desk and restaurant staff are excellent...very helpful and easy for us to ask questions. Food was very good in the onsite restaurant, and they have a cute area right out front to sit outside while you eat.

Rooms are small but very nice. Loved the desk in the corner for me to work. Unlike some reviewers, I appreciated the constant fan noise I could have at night to drown out the city. Slept very well in the plush, comfortable beds. Although small, the bathrooms were beautiful and functional. There were only 10 or so rooms on each floor; the elevators were quick.

Next time we visit NYC, we will hope to stay here. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I continue to enjoy the fine service at this hotel. You will feel like part of the family if you come regularly, which I do. The management, Mr. Brooks and Mr. Kirincic are of the best in the business. I've stayed everywhere in town from the Four Seasons/Le Parker Meridien/Essex House/Helmsely to the Benjamin, et.al. My needs require a downtown hotel and this is sensational. Even if you have business uptown, the subway is right there and it is easy to get a cab M-F. McDougal Street takes you directly through the village and is only a couple of short blocks from the hotel. This is a fine boutique style hotel with a luxury, but not pretentious feel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed many times at the Sheraton Four Points Soho in NYC, including 4 or 5 times already this year. It is a relatively new hotel and provides excellent value for price (well, at least by New York price standards). The staff is very friendly and professional, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location is tremendous – you are just a few blocks from the most interesting areas of Soho and the West Village, so it is a great spot to call home during a NY visit. I often drive from the hotel to NJ for work and the hotel is literally 4 blocks from the entrance to the Holland Tunnel so you don’t really have to fight traffic to get there. The hotel is right off Varick Street (7th Avenue) but Charlton Street (where the hotel is) is very quiet. There are coffee shops and good deli’s on both Varick and Hudson (one block to the west). Also – you can walk to the Hudson River in less than 10 minutes, and the Riverfront park is wonderful for walking or biking. The only downside is that the rooms, like all new-ish ‘boutique’ hotels, are not large – however, you are not likely to be spending a lot of time in them so it may matter less than in some other places. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rooster1234
Reviewed 23 August 2011

we stayed at the four points in soho for four nights in August. We stayed as a family with two children in a double.
The front desk staff were very friendly and warm and made us feel very welcome indeed. The hotel lobby is very small, but efficient. we stayed on the 7th floor and the room was both clean, up to date and very quiet. Also, a big plus on the comfortable beds. rooms are not very big but easily accomodate the four of us and our luggage. especially for longer stays it pays to unpack, here was sufficient room to put clothes for four days.
The great thing about the Four points in soho is that is is easy to get to both by car and public transport. The subway station is literally just around the corner. also there are starbucks, dunkin donuts and many other places nearby which are handy for breakfast or a quick coffee. the Village is only a short walk away as is the University campus with many nice restaurants. The rooms carried umbrellas for use by patrons, which came in handy as there were some rainy days.
overall, we would certainly return and recommend this hotel to families traveling to new york.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Not right at Times Square which we avoid but close to Broadway Ave, Canal Street, the Hudson river and in Walking distance of Greenwich village.

A good location for returning visitors but for first time visitors you might want to be closer to Central Park and the madness of Times square.

Not the best choice if you are going on a Museum tour since it is farther south than might be convenient.

Hotel was very nicely appointed, great beds and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple