“Practical Hotel with Outstanding Customer Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Ranked #343 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Practical Hotel with Outstanding Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I had a mix-up with payments (NOT the fault of the hotel), and the reception staff went out of their way to accomodate me and help as best they can. This was far beyond the call of duty, and I am so impressed. The friendliness and wonderful service continued for my whole stay. Amazing!

The room was clean, good size and practical (not luxurious, but very nice). The shower was lovely.

Breakfast was huge, speedy and yummy (but pretty standard). Perfect for pre-work.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Their systems were still awry from the storm the prior weekend, but they managed around not being able to find my reservation. While I was checking in, one of the desk folks was going to great lengths to communicate with a Swiss couple who apparently had an issue with their next hotel (I thin), passing an ipad back and forth using a translation program to communicate. Room was solid for the property tier.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This place was clean but I did have mysterious bites while in NY that I finally tracked down to Central Park. I quite literally tore the bed apart to make sure I hadn't been a bedbug vicitm & everything was spotless. Even though we had a discounted rate for the wedding I was shocked by the cost of the room but I think that is just because I am unaccustomed to NY prices (even though I live in LA it is a bargain by comparison). Room was teeny tiny with a very small bathroom but all furnishings were comfortable and they had excellent air conditioning.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank starkismet
newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I travel every year to New York by myself and found this place on expedia. It was in a great location in SoHo within walking distance of the subway and many great restaurants. I'm a 30 year old female and I felt very safe at this hotel, especially at night. The staff was remarkable. Super friendly! (That is shocking in New York, haha!). I stayed for 5 days and every employee, down to the cleaning staff said hello at every opportunity. The rooms have Starbucks coffee and Tea with a bottle of water everyday. Nice to have when I'm cruising around the city. Clean bathrooms too.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

It took me awhile to settle on booking at the this hotel, mainly because it was my first time to NYC and I was unfamiliar with the areas and transit. However, this hotel is in a great location, nearby to several subway lines and bus routes. I found it very easy to navigate the MTA from this hotel. The staff was very friendly, and always saying "Hello" or "Welcome back!" anytime I entered the building. Mainy people say the rooms are small but I found it quite adequate for my needs. I was on the 2nd floor with a street view and didn't notice any street noise. It had been raining off and on while I was on my way to check into the hotel and I asked the staff if they new a place nearby in which I could purchase an umbrella, low and behold they have umbrellas in stock for customers use, free of charge...unless you lose it. Sammy the bartender is wonderful, he makes you feel like you're at the corner bar conversing with a friend and not at a hotel bar with a stranger! Overall, great hotel (very clean), great staff, and great location. I definitely will be staying here again the next time I visit the Big Apple.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

This is a great hotel. At first, the location seems strange in an industrial area. Once you get out and walk, however, you'll see what a great spot you're in...just a block or 2 away from great Soho restaurants and shops. We walked everywhere in the area from Soho to NYU to Tribeca to Chinatown. Subway is only a few short blocks away.

Front desk and restaurant staff are excellent...very helpful and easy for us to ask questions. Food was very good in the onsite restaurant, and they have a cute area right out front to sit outside while you eat.

Rooms are small but very nice. Loved the desk in the corner for me to work. Unlike some reviewers, I appreciated the constant fan noise I could have at night to drown out the city. Slept very well in the plush, comfortable beds. Although small, the bathrooms were beautiful and functional. There were only 10 or so rooms on each floor; the elevators were quick.

Next time we visit NYC, we will hope to stay here. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I continue to enjoy the fine service at this hotel. You will feel like part of the family if you come regularly, which I do. The management, Mr. Brooks and Mr. Kirincic are of the best in the business. I've stayed everywhere in town from the Four Seasons/Le Parker Meridien/Essex House/Helmsely to the Benjamin, et.al. My needs require a downtown hotel and this is sensational. Even if you have business uptown, the subway is right there and it is easy to get a cab M-F. McDougal Street takes you directly through the village and is only a couple of short blocks from the hotel. This is a fine boutique style hotel with a luxury, but not pretentious feel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business