“Nice Little Hotel... Great Staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Ranked #322 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Small little place in a nice locaton. I like the location for downtown restaurant hopping... away from the hubub of midtown. Rooms small but efficient. Small restaurant with bar that was convenient for a cocktail in evening and bkfst the next day. LIke the idea of accessing the hotel by car from the West Side Highway... so easy, and it cuts out all of the traffic problems of heading thru the city. Really excellent staff... great attitude, friendly, professional. RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WINEandTRAVEL
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We chose this hotel for location - close to #1 line and also the price. Rooms are small but this is NY. Nice bathroom. Comfy beds. Always kept clean. Coffee available each morning in the lobby. Check in staff were always helpful and courteous.
When we return to NY we will definitely chose this hotel if it is available again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Four Points, SoHo location. This was my first exposure to the brand.

It was a cold weekend night in NYC, I love locally and am very familiar with that part of town. I found a special online with a good price and the hotel is located within waling distance to good shopping, the subway, and great brunch locations for the next morning.

Upon arrival I found the hotel to be a solid presentation, as expected. I went out about town and upon return from the cold, took a shower. This is where the problems begin.

The bathrooms are modernized, with glass doors... a very modern look. Unfortunately the glass door does next to nothing to prevent water from escaping the shower stall. As I stepped out of the shower the floor mat was soaked and there was a huge puddle in the bathroom (despite there being a drain in the middle of the floor).

After drying off I used the only other towel in the room to walk on in the bathroom. Then I called down to the desk to let them know the situation and ask for 4 replacement towels. The front desk representative told me that towels would be sent up right away (9:30/10p).

11pm no towels
12a no towels

sleep.

4am I walked into the bathroom and into a cold puddle. Imagine it. Wouldn't you be furious.

I got dressed and caught the elevator to the lobby to once again ASK FOR SERVICE. The night representative responded "Oh, they didn't bring those up yet?"

No, they haven't.

AT 4:15a I received part of my request. 2 Towels...

In all the location is very convenient and the rooms are solid minus the very flawed bathroom. The service is low and enough to ruin a good deal.

Room Tip: Expect less.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies in service. You should certainly expect towels to be in your room and available upon request. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate parties.

Regards

Reviewed 7 January 2014

So the only reason I stayed here was to have a bed to crash in on new years eve. When hotels in the city cost almost $1000 on nye, this hotel was very fairly priced for the night. It's a simple sleep in only hotel. Don't expect beautiful lobbies or art at this hotel. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the service checking in and out. I understand nobody enjoys working on holidays but the woman had the most sour look on her face, not a smile, no eye contact, no happy new year. Very rude. The room itself was good.

• Stayed: December 2013
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your room was comfortable yet regretful to learn of the behavior. We take your accusation seriously and will address the associate who was working during the shift.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great location. Helpful staff, friendly bar as well. Clean rooms, good food. Lots of dining options around anyhow. Rooms slightly small (but it is NY!).Not
enough lifts and hence wait can be long to reach the room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank villajdad

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been to new york 6 times and have stayed at a wide variety of Starwood properties -- the former W Tuscany, Westin Times Square (back when it had a club lounge), Sheraton Towers, and twice at the St. Regis. So I've had a fairly wide spectrum of experiences in New York, and all of them have been very good.

Having stayed exclusively in midwotn, my wife and I were excited to call a new neighbourhood home for our 4 night stay. Prices were competitive all over (in fact, the Four Points Times Square was even cheaper), but we decided to stay here for $165/night. Given my platinum status, I chose the breakfast option as my amentity. I tried to use my "suite night" awards prior to check in, but, alas, the two suites (I think they have only 2) were occupied.

We took Strusser's Limo Service in a nice SUV from LGA to the hotel. Our check-in was prompt, polite and efficient. They were kind enough to locate us on the 19th floor (1 from the top -- suites are on the top), with a view north. I quite enjoyed the view -- could see both the Chysler and Empire State buildings, and also the Hudson to the north-west.

The room was quite small, but welcome to New York. It had everything one could need, including electrical outlets next to the bed. The bathroom was a very pleasant surprise. Small, but a very nice full-size shower as opposed to an oppressive a nasty shower/tub combo I hate so much (Westin and Sheraton Toronto, I'm looking at you...). The room did have a bit of a smell -- I wouldn't say it was offensive or nasty, it just had a smell. Hard to explain.

I must confess that I'm not the biggest fan of Four Points beds. I find them to be very hot -- and I hate being hot when I'm sleeping. However, I found the bed at this hotel to be extremeley comfortable. I did not over-heat, the pillows were fine (a litle over-stuffed), and the mattress quite comfortable. This was the best Four Points bed I have ever slept in. Walking miles every day also might have helped.

Breakfast was served downstairs in the restaurant. The first morning, service was very slow -- despite there only being two other tables occupied in the restaurant. The lady serving I don't think had good organization skills. Now the remaining mornings we were served in a wonderfully efficient and friendly manner, and the experience was terrific. ;The platinum voucher, which is typically only for continental, was a dollar value that covered the main breakfast combo (3 eggs, meat, toast, hasbrowns, coffee, juice). I appreciated that very much. They didn't even bring a bill for me to sign, and when I asked for one to leave a gratuity against my room, the staff said it was included.

I REALLY liked the location of this hotel. I didn't hear club noise, or contruction noise. That said, the building is by no means sound proof, and one night was garbage pick-up noise, and it sounded like the truck was actually in my room (perhaps in the closet? -- oh wait, there wasn' one!) The view was great, and it was 1 block from the #1 subway line. We could go from our room to the middle of Times Square in about 15 minutes -- amazing! It was also a short walk to Prince and Spring streets, where all of the action, restuarants, shops are, etc.

Because we were staying in a neighbourhood rather than a tourist mecca, it felt like we were living in New York. We really enjoyed our experience at the Four Points. If I was heading to New York and wanted to spend as little as I could on a hotel, but stay in an area I liked, and a place that I know will be clean and comfortable, I will looke to come back here.

By the way -- New York in December is magical.

Room Tip: Get a high room for a terrific view and to get further away from street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank musicmansimpson
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Location:
While the location of the hotel was convenient to the subway and a reasonable walk to a variety of restaurants it is actually located in Hudson Square and not SoHo. Within the immediate area of the hotel there is little to see or places to eat.

Hotel amenities:
There are two elevators servicing the hotel and the wait was at times excessively long.
The hotel bar is tiny, uninviting and on the one occasion I ventured in there, the service was absolutely terrible despite the lack of any other customers.
Free wifi is nice but very slow and at times did not even work at all.

Noise:
The hotel feels quite cheaply built and soundproofing clearly was not one of the building priorities. I could hear sounds from rooms, not only directly next to mine but also on the diagonally opposite side of the building.
The external windows do not block outside noise so the traffic waiting to enter the Holland Tunnel can be very loud during peak times. Having stayed in NYC a number times previous, traffic noise does not bother me but could pose problems for others.
Due to crazy weather I used both heating and cooling in the room. There is no central air so you turn on the individual unit in the room as required. The unit is very loud, so loud that I only ran the unit as absolutely necessary. The temperature regulation is horrible so you have to turn the unit on and off from that perspective anyway.

Room:
As per NYC standards, the room was small. This was expected and fine given I spent little time there.
Unfortunately, despite the small size due to the room layout, the TV could not be viewed from the chair in the room. Only from the bed. And speaking of the bed…

Bed: The highlight of the stay. My queen bed was super comfortable, so with the use of earplugs I did manage some very comfortable and restful sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wwttrr_021
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. I I apologize for the multiple dissapointments and will share your feedback collectively with the appropriate staff.

Happy New Year