Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshouston stholland tunnelspring stgreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallfront desk staffshort walkaround the cornerquiet streetwould stay here againsubway linewest sideclean hotelhigher floordecent sizehudson river
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I would have given 2 stars had I not seen the duct tape at the bottom of the shower door trying to prevent water from spilling out all over the bathroom floor. DUCT TAPE!!! That's just unacceptable to me. Needless to say, it did not hold the water back, and instead the bathroom floor had a giant pond. At least the shower pressure was good, temperature was consistent, and the towels were pretty fluffy.

Whoever designed the bathroom either did not have a ruler, or had no experience using a bathroom. Why is the sink so tiny? Why is the faucet a kitchen faucet, so you can't really wash your face without having water flow everywhere? Why is the shower so narrow, but long? I'm a small person, yet still felt claustrophobic. To make matters worse, the shower was lined with black tile. And all the racks in the bathroom for towels and amenities were slanted, i.e. not installed properly. The sink also had dirty looking mold/mildew where it is attached to the counter top.

Outside the bathroom, I enjoyed the decent size of the bedroom. The bed was also pretty comfortable. But the rest of the furniture was aging poorly. There were a lot of chips and misalignment. And the top of the leather desk chair was basically completely peeled off.

Noise was definitely an issue from my 7th floor corner room. Not so much other hotel guests, but street noise. Being able to hear a street conversation from the 7th floor is ridiculous. And the subway does rumble loud and clear. Thankfully I am a sound sleeper, so it only bothered me before I fell asleep. The a/c+heating unit was also pretty loud, but at least it maintained the temperature.

The overall impression is that management does not really want to invest to keep the hotel up to date, which is a shame, because the location is good, and the rooms are of decent size, and real fixes for small issues (better windows, proper shower door installation, new faucets) could easily bring this hotel up to snuff.

But duct tape...really?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pocmonster
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies mentioned in your review. You should certainly expect a room with everything in working order free of duct tape. The appropriate parties have been notified and we will use this feedback as a learning tool. My apologies once again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel was far better than I had expected. The rooms were good size, the view was great, and it is located very close to everything I wanted to do. Walkability was great! The hotel had exceptionally reasonable rates. We were there several days before New Years Eve!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank youngstownmoxie
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The internet worked very well. The bed was very good. The hotel is relatively new and it looks like it will age rapidly. Those guys are after the return on investment, rather than the comfort of their guests.

The hotel faces a small street next to Varick St., which is quite busy in the evening with Holland Tunnel traffic and at night Varick is abuzz with cars speeding town to the same Tunnel. The window was not insulated to handle that level of noise.

The thermostat would switch back to the default 66F, unless you hold the button manually, so the room temperature stayed below the desirable level.

The shower valve worked so that you are either hit by cold water or unbearably hot. I did manage to find compromise, though.

I am slightly surprised that the rack rate of the hotel (according to the front desk staff) is $350.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lustrator1984

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We're very particular about where we stay and what we expect. At the Four Points Sheraton in Soho we definitely enjoy the rooms and value but we keep coming back for the great service -- people like Illia Jaquez (I asked her last name so I could write this). The whole staff has always been great to us, but Illia always goes way beyond in making us feel welcomed and cared for, always gladly trying to accommodate our embarrassingly difficult wishlist for room type and floor and floor location and so many other particulars that just make our occasional NYC visits so much more enjoyable. Including also little details/considerations like bottled water when we forgot to buy some on the way, fondly remembering us despite requests and even though we're not big spenders or frequent travelers, and often a quick call up to the room to make sure everything is as great as she surely knows it is. We really appreciate that and the rest, and it's one of the biggest reasons we keep coming back and highly recommend it to friends.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive comments regarding our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I booked two nights last weekend. I live in Manhattan and had houseguests, so I stayed in the hotel and let them have my apartment.

The rate was cheap for NY - 139 Sat, 100 Sun. The hotel is in a good location, near Soho and subways. Easy to get around.

The front desk staff were friendly, and they did recognize my SPG status, but were unable to combine my two single night reservations, so I had to check out, check back in and get the keys redone the next day. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

The hotel is cramped, anyway you look at it. There are only two elevators and they are small.

The hallways are tight - I had to flatten myself against the wall to get around the housekeeping cart.

The room was tiny. Not much bigger around than the bed. There was a good view South, if that's something you want.

There was a mildew smell in the closet/wardrobe unit.

The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean, though also super tiny.

So up to you I guess - if you only care about price, this is your place. If not, I'd spend a bit more for a room that didn't smell bad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the feedback. We have addressed the appropriate parties and will focus on areas in need of attention.