“100% First Class Hotel with Resonable Rates!”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #57 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 July 2011

First of all, I am a HUGE fan of Kimpton Hotels and a member of the Kimpton InTouch Program (easy to sign up on their website at NO Charge). These unique boutique hotels speak for themselves in that, you will always get a fabulous & clean room, polite & friendly staff, with all the comforts of home! This is the main reason I selected Ink 48 for our stay in New York.

Little did I know, Ink 48 is setting the bar for all Kimpton Hotels to follow. This hotel was flawless in every aspect of our stay. Every request was answered without any question, hesitation, or defensive attitude....always with a smile and sense of urgency to please. The front desk was knowledgeable, helpful, and extremely well conditioned and prepared for anything they were approached with. The Bellmen were courteous, engaging, and always watching for their guests and eager to assist. When we returned to our room, it was beautifully made and cleaned as if we had just checked in. Anytime we passed an employee in the hall or elevator, they always smiled, said hello, and asked how our day was - Always! They would even insist we take the elevator they had been waiting for to let us go first. All of the staff truly made my family (husband & 7yr old son) & me feel welcome, comfortable, safe, and just as important as any other guest staying there.

Bravo INK 48 - you have a tightly run & well managed hotel! Total Luxury & Comfort the entire trip. I look forward to returning soon!!

Room Tip: Sign up to be a Kimpton InTouch Member to personalize your stay according to your requests!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank danes4ever
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear Danes4ever,

We really appreciate the time you spent writing such a thoughtful review! I'm glad our staff made you feel comfortable, welcome and safe, as those are three very important factors we strive to achieve for our guests every day. We are so excited to have your family to return to Ink48. Thank you again for your kind message and we hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,294)

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We usually stay at Kimpton Hotels when we travel because of the exceptional accommodations and service and Ink48 was no exception. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff, offered wine to take with us to our rooms and that level of service continued for our entire four day stay. Any service issues were taken care of immediately by the staff and especially Jeffrey, the concierge.
As to the room, we had the Hudson River Suite, and the view of the river and NYC skyline was spectacular, especially at night. We also ate dinner at their restaurant, Print, and again fast, friendly service and the food was to die for!
This is not an inexpensive hotel, but for the comfort and convenience it adds to the vacation experience, it is a great value!

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We were coming in to set up an apartment in NY for the time we spend there. We booked a large room with a king bed and notified them we were traveling with a cat. We were assured litter and a box would be in the room upon arrival. It wasn't. Granted, it is NY and you should be able to find anything at any time... with the exception of cat litter. we ripped up some old newspaper and used a cardboard box in case it was needed. We kept her in the bathroom so she wouldn't mess up the carpet or furniture for the two nights we were there. She decided the shower was her best choice but who could blame her after 8 hours in a carrier. The next day we had litter and an apology at the door and things were fine from that point on. The room was extremely clean and posh and the staff remembered our names up until our departure. Location is a bit off the beaten trail but not all that bad. If you get a good rate... grab it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2011

What a find!! We originally chose the hotel, because it was close to the Javits Center..and what a surprise: A little gem on the Hudson in the center of Hell's Kitchen, but in easy walking distance to the theater district. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so the view wasn't great, but the beds/pillows/amenities were excellent. Would suggest however, trying to get a room with a view above the buildings (7th floor and up). When we had a little problem with the shower head and the tissue holder in our bathroom, I mentioned it to one of the maintenance men in the elevator and he went upstairs immediately to fix things.
The roof top bar is the most talked about aspect of the hotel and it does boast spectacular views of the Hudson River, Piers, Times Square and downtown. We needed to be rather assertive in terms of service- and I think charging for warm nuts when you are racking up a decent bar tab is a bit over the top..
The greatest surprise, however, was the restaurant, PRINT. It is a 'farm to table' kitchen, run by a young couple (he the Chef, she the pastry Chef) and the vegetables tasted like they had been picked while we were having our cocktail and prepared seconds before landing on our plates. We are a bunch of foodies and we actually cancelled a dinner reservation we had elsewhere the following night to be able to go back and try all the items we had missed the first time- the food and service were truly exquisite. The restaurant staff, including maitre d' were extremely attentive and generous. If you bring a pet, he/she will feel equally welcome and at home. In fact, Brady, the dog owned by the GM welcomes fourlegged guests at the entrance with a filled water bowl and dog treats at the ready.
The first staywas for business, but we have already booked our next stay (and table at Print) and this visit will be for fun!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BelleDoc
Reviewed 11 July 2011

It has taken me an age to get round to writing this review (we visited in January 2011) as i have been so busy but I have, since I stepped into the hotel been adamant that I would write the BEST REVIEW I POSSIBLY COULD about Ink48. (Take a look at the pictures)!

My boyfriend and I travelled to NYC from the UK for my 21st Birthday and we were so excited and wanted to ensure it was the most perfect holiday that we spent a literally 4 whole days searching what feels like every hotel in NYC...and we ended up choosing Ink48 and we couldn't have picked better.
When we checked in a beautiful young lady (with an incredible head of hair and wonderful rayban 'geek' style glasses on *sorry I didn't catch the name*) who was so welcoming and chatty and it didn't feel like your stereotypical almost clinical check-in with standard questions that you know they have been trained to ask and the like.
Because of my 'special day' we were upgraded for the 4 night stay to a deluxe room and it was incredible...THE VIEW!!! wow and my absolute favourite...THE BATHTUB in the bedroom looking out over the view of Manhattan - you can't put a price on something like that. I just wish we had more time to spend in the hotel as the room was just amazing - I can't find words for it. Plus as I mentioned we spent days searching hotels in NYC and you can see that the rooms in most hotels are quite small with little room around the bed...not Ink48.
Another glowing report was that after checking in at lunchtime we thought we would do the touristy thing and go to the Empire State Building. Once we returned to the hotel we were so tired we just slumped into the room to chill for an hour or so until our dinner reservation later - I hadn't even noticed until I got up to get ready and have a bath that the staff had placed on the make up table * A bottle of champagne on ice with 2 glasses * A miniature carrot cake on a slate plate with Happy Birthday written on it * And a birthday card from the hotel - PERFECTION!!! We certainly enjoyed the champagne whilst in the bath (which is plenty big enough for 2 - my boyfriend in 6'4" and he could lie down flat, I'm 5'7" and when I stepped into the filled bath the water came about my knee!)
All the staff were helpful and friendly and another added bonus - the roof top bar that every review we read raved about and rightly so. Due to the heavy snow they had put up a transparent marquee that was heated so you could still sit up on the roof and enjoy the views and the delicious cocktails).
We also got a great deal having paid in total £1300 for 2 return flights, hotel for 4 nights and 5 days in NYC!!!

INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE - I would recommend this place to anyone and trust me everyone that has asked or mentioned NYC I have told them ALL!!!
I couldn't rave enough. Thank you so much Ink48 for making my 21st birthday the most memorable and stunning experience possible!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliviaH_UK

Dear OliviaH_UK,

Your review brought a huge smile to my face! It brings me great pleasure to see that we were able to contribute to making your 21st birthday so unforgettable. We love to roll out the red carpet for our guests, especially when they stay with us for special occasions. We sincerely appreciate the time you spent writing such a thoughtful and detailed story of your experience at Ink48 and I hope the next time you return to the Big Apple you will come back and see us again!

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I spent one night at Ink48 while visiting family (dad's 60th birthday). It was the perfect hotel for my stay. Upon first glance, I wasn't sure. The location SEEMS kind of odd, as the building is surrounded by a few car dealerships. But upon further inspection, it was perfect - just two blocks from Hell's Kitchen's 9th Avenue restaurants. The area was lively, but outside of the touristy craziness that is Times Square (but still close to enough to walk there if that's what you're looking for).

I stay at Kimpton Hotels frequently and the staff welcomed me like family. They were so nice and so accommodating I barely felt as if I were in a hotel! I arrived from Baltimore early, around 9:30am and was immediately checked in and upgraded to a room with a fantastic water view. The room was small (it's New York) but decorated cleanly and comfortably. High-end amenities (Etro) and sleek bathroom completed the nice accommodations.

Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to try the rooftop lounge, which is supposed to be amazing. It seems like quite a scene, as there was a significant line around 9:00pm. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Bill--SFCA,

Thank you for your kind words! It is wonderful to hear that your stay was spectacular from start to finish and that Ink48 is now your hotel of choice in NYC! I'm so happy you enjoyed dining at our restaurant and had a nice view from your room. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We enjoyed our time at Ink48. The City View room was great and very comfortable. The lounge has a beautiful view of the city in all directions, though it is overpriced. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to key areas of the city and would be perfect for anyone who needs to stay somewhere before leaving on a cruise from the Manhattan Terminal. This was our third Kimpton Hotel stay and it did not disappoint. One note, parking is ridiculously expensive and it takes forever to get your car (the lot is a few blocks away). Perhaps look for something closer and cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple