“Thumbs up!”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #68 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Rooms are huge for NYC. Rooftop bar is spacious with amazing views. Be sure to meet Nandi at the front desk. She is pleasant, engaging, and patient! The staff, in general, is great but Nandi definitely goes above and beyond!

1  Thank LMcNovak
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Dear LMcNovak,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review! I'm so happy you enjoyed our beautiful views and had the opportunity to meet Nandi. I will make sure she gets to read your thoughtful comments.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

What a massively overpriced place it was. I could have stayed in the Waldorf Astoria for the same money. Such a mediocre hotel, position wasn't that great either. Do not get suckered into the boutique hotel thing, its just not worth the money, in fact stay in the Edison, much better placed and cheaper. I booked Ink48 because of reviews on here, how surprised was I when I found out what I was getting for my money.

• Stayed: September 2011
Ink48, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Tony_engineer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate it if you can email me more details on your stay so i can improve those areas. If you decide to try another boutique hotel closer to the shopping center, please try our sister properties - Eventi Hotel, in Chelsea; Muse Hotel in Times Square or the 70 Park Hotel in Grand Central Station area.

Victor

Reviewed 27 September 2011

So I chose to have my 25th birthday get-together here and I just wanted to say how great Nandi was. She was extremely informative, allowed me to view the room a couple days before my check in and also showed me the Hells Over Hells Kitchen Penthouse- which I absolutely LOVED (will definitely put the penthouse to use in the near future). She was patient and made sure I was helped in a timely manner. Overall, my stay here was wonderful and thanks to Nandi I was well taken care of. Thanks Nandi and Ink 48 staff!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Esther T
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Dear Esther T,

Thanks for your glowing review! I will make sure Nandi gets the opportunity to read what you've written. I hope to see you at Ink48 again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I travel to NY often for work. I generally stay at the Marriot of Hilton--but this time I was booked at INK48-- everything was great-- from the service to the wonderful vibe and decor. The food at Print was amazing and the 24 hour rooms service was just what i needed after my late night check-in.

The service was supreme-- and Jeffery the lead concierge was amazing and friendly.

I was in my room a bit after check-out (working)--- but instead of being rushed out--the staff said "take your time".... NEVER has that happened before. Also-- Although they do not have a "business center" I was able to work in the louge and the wonderful staff printed all of my documents for me.

All around-- this is the best hotel I have stayed at in NY-- Nice , Sexy, Great Service, Wonderful Decor, Execellent Food-- and Of Cource Jefferey!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Jotaka E,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. It is an honor to be your hotel of choice in NYC and we hope to continue seeing more of you in the future!

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I travel to NYC frequently and found ink48 by accident. And I love it! The view, service, space and aesthetics are all top notch and so outstanding that you can overlook the loud music in the lobby. It's been so fun to introduce new Yorkers to the hidden gem in their own city. Every new yorker I've sent their has fallen in love. Be sure to ask for a city view when booking. You can't get a view like that in NYC for the price!

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I booked this hotel for a friend and experienced the WORST service ever in the NYC. If you really want to enjoy ur stay then avoid this hotel

Room Tip: Start respecting your clients.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank akii22

Dear Akii22,

I am sorry to learn of your experience at Ink48 Hotel. I am the Director of Front Office and would appreciate it if you can give me more feedback on you stay, as I would like to improve on the areas we fell short.

Victor Muoghalu
victor.muoghalu@ink48.com

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The three nights we stayed were great anf the upgrade to city view suite is a must! The room was spacious and even had a tub in the bedroom which added some extra luxury to the experience. The unobstructed views were incredible and the daily free wine hour was a great way to start the evening and save money. The rooftop bar was amazing for great photo opportunities but very expensive on drinks. We enjoyed the free wine downstairs then headed to the rooftop to relax and take photos. The service was great and the walk to times square was only about 10-15 minutes with several restaurants to stop in along the way. This is a great spot for a getaway with friends or couples.

Room Tip: The upgrade to city view suite is well worth it! It not only has extra space but the tub inside of t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple