“Brilliant Trip of a lifetime”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was our first trip to New York to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we loved every minute of our stay. This hotel was fanatstic!
We stayed in a King Deluxe City View room on the 11th floor and we had the most amazing view out of our window!! The room was immaculate and I cannot fault anything. It was a decent sized room as I have noticed a few people saying rooms in NY are small. But the room was spacious and very clean. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and my husband and I slept great. We heard little noise from the streets and traffic below. The bathroom was also great, fantastic shower and plenty of fresh towels. If you forget anything toiletries wise then reception can get it for you!! And again everything was very clean.
Location was not a problem and we didn't mind having to walk a short 10 - 15 mins to Times Square, there are also plenty of lovely places to eat nearby a couple of blocks away. This meant we could enjoy the hussle and bussle of the inner city and the more peaceful side as well. I would also say getting a taxi anywhere shouldn't be a bother as we seen plenty of them passing and stopping at the hotel.
The rooftop bar is amazing, such a great place to chill after a busy day. I'll never forget the view. Drinks didn't seem any more pricey than anywhere else in NY. You definetley need to check it out.
The room service was superb, food was great and most of the staff were pleasant. I can't say anyone stood out in terms of service but we still enjoyed our stay. We would both stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,297)

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We discovered the Kimpton Group in Denver at the Hotel Monaco, which is fabulous, so my husband wanted to try another of their hotels. Ink48 did not disappoint.
The roof top bar is spectacular - with its unobstructed view of the river and the city - and wonder of wonders - the bar has Zacapa Rum - a great yet obscure rum and my husband's favorite - (only found in about 5% of the bars around the world we have been to). Whether a bar has Zacapa has become a litmus test for us as to how good a bar is.
The room was light and spacious - great views - big windows. The lobby and public areas are spotless and gorgeous. The staff - very efficient and helpful. AND the restaurant is first rate. AND it is very good value, especially compared to other hotels we have stayed in New York.
We won't stay anywhere else now.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton Group for instant upgrades to higher floors and bigger rooms. Also - almost always...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear BeachDreamer,

Thank you for writing a review. I'm glad you enjoyed our rooftop views and hotel facilities and we are thrilled you plan on returning to our hotel in your future travels!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

For whatever reason, I keep staying at different hotels in NYC due to rate and availability issues. This was my first stay at INK 48. I am a member of Kimpton's In touch program and have been trying to stay at their hotels. I was in NYC on business and am an experienced business traveler. I arrived at INK48 in the late afternoon and the bell staff was very busy. Check in went well, they did not have any of the upgrades available. My room was for NYC huge, a little strange with a large pillar right when you entered but very nice. Bathroom was excellent, a shower and a tub, and the shower had both a rain shower head and a telephone head. It was not 100% cleaned, there was some trash left in several of the bins. I had room service dinner which was delivered ontime and was good. The room window faced 11th Ave and I was on the 3rd floor, this did lead to some noise issues and I was woken up from street noise a couple of times. I think that they could double window this room, like other hotels in NYC, rather easily and that might really help with the street noise. Overall, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a high up room.
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Great Hotel! The room was great nice view comfortable bed. Good Service too. It was quite due to the location. Love the Kimpton free wine hour. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

GREAT hotel. Great staff. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The wine hour is always a fave at any Kimpton. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Down by the USS Intrepid, this Kimpton hotel has a very friendly staff, clean room, very quiet location and good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed in ink48 about a month ago while visiting New York for a few days. We decided to "splurge" a bit and get a room here rather than stay in other parts of the city or with relatives the next state over, really thankful we did! We had a great view of the river, the room was clean and nicely decorated, really comfortable bed and pillows, lots of towels, everything we needed! The front desk staff was very helpful, booked us dinner and helped organize our trip, and the attached restaurant had a nice selection of good food (definitely not fast / cheap food, the dining area was quite nice, great service from waiters, etc., more an independent restaurant feel rather than just tacking it onto the hotel). The rooftop bar was a nice touch, with great night views of the city, although apparently it isn't attached to the hotel chain.

All in all, we thought it was a great decision to stay here; it just had a much different feel than that boring generic hotel atmosphere, always nice extras that they'd thought of, (especially being very pet friendly!) and was definitely worth the cost!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Dear NJerseyTransplant,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Ink48 with us. I'm glad you got to enjoy one of our city view rooms and all of the amenities we have to offer! Hopefully you will stay with us again if you ever return to NYC!