Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$147
US$116
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
3,351 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourtimes squarewest sidenew yorkintrepid museumwine receptioncity viewnyc skylinejavits centersoaking tubfloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Ink48, is a really nice modern hotel located on the the west side of mid-town Manhattan ( Hell's Kitchen). The rooms are spacious and everything is clean and trendy. The location is pretty good if you are going to see a Broadway Show. The service was very friendly and the welcome drink is a nice touch. The best part of this hotel is the rooftop bar. The Press Lounge is 5 STAR! What a view! It is a little pricey but you can't beat the feeling you get when you view the skyline unobstructed at night. We found Ink48 to be perfect for our "staycation" in NYC and would come back. If you are looking for nice size modern rooms at reasonable prices, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

gir7375,

I am thrilled that we were able to make your "staycation" an enjoyable one! When you are at Press lounge you really feel like you are on top of Manhattan!

Hope to see you soon!

Cheers!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I visited Ink48 on a recent work trip along with a lot of other Kimpton Hotels in Boston and NY. I absolutely fell in love with the brand and would highly recommend to anyone. Each hotel is totally individual in style and I have to say I really liked each hotel that I saw. Ink is located about 3 blocks from Times Square in the Hells Kitchen neighbourhood, I didn't get to look arounf the surroundings but have been told that there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms at Ink are large and good sized bathrooms, however what really sets it apart from a location in times sq is the views, the rooms have floor to ceiling windows and the views over Manhatten are amazing, there is also a rooftop terrace where you will get some amazing shots of the skyline.
We ate at Print restaurant whilst we were there and the food was delicious, well worth a visit. There is also a fitness centre and a spa which is quite rare in NY. If you are visiting please make sure you joing the Kimpton In Touch loyalty programme as this is a free scheme that will give you added benefits at all Kimpton Hotels - free wifi is definitely a plus as it costs $15+ per day almost everywhere else.
If you like a quirky hotel thats a bit different give Ink 48 a go, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with city view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kdswestsussex

kdswestsussex,

Thanks for the reveiw and the helpful tips for future travelers! Thansk for being a fan of Kimpton and an InTouch member. Everyone of our hotels dose tell a different story and we love that fact!

Happy Travels!!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Had a great stay, really excellent and spacious room, with a wonderful view of the New York skyline - however my trip was spoilt by a checkout process that lost me hundreds of pounds.

I had reserved two rooms (for me and my Mum) using my Visa card. When I came to check out, both bills had ALREADY been charged to that card. But I wanted to pay for my own room with a different card, and my Mum wanted to pay for her own room. No worries, said the checkout staff, they would refund my Visa card and take payment by other means. Unfortunately the rate at which my bank converted the $ refund back to £s was different to the rate they had applied to payment (after all, banks always charge different rates for purchases and sells). This led to the refund being £280 less than the payment which the hotel had taken. Perhaps I should have thought of this at the time, but surely the hotel staff shouldn’t have suggested doing the refund - after all, doesn’t this happen every time? The problem only arose because the hotel charged my Visa card BEFORE the end of my stay and without my knowledge. I’ve stayed in many hotels all over the world and no other hotel has ever done this. The hotel have not apologised. Be warned.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank the0rganist

Hello the0rganist,

Thank you very much for bringing the payment issue to our attention. We are truly sorry for the troubles this has caused. I know that you are currently working with our accounting department to get it sorted it out.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. My boyfriend (now husband) surprised me with this for our wedding night.

We got an amazing room (Hudson River Suite) with a breathtaking view of the city and the Hudson river. Additionally, we received a really nice gesture (Champagne, strawberries and chocolate) from the hotel as they knew it was our wedding night.
We wanted to go out in the city for dinner that night, but decided to stay in the hotel. We ordered room service and the food was excellent.

I highly recommend the hotel not only because of the rooms and the food, but also because the staff was great. From check-in until check-out it was just perfect.

We will definitely come back to enjoy the views from the rooftop bar and we will definitely stay there again for our first anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Mopsikins,

We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your special night! We really enjoy making special celebrations even more special! Thanks for the review and we hope to see you next year on your first anniversary!!

Cheers!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed at a Kimpton Hotel in Boston and loved it! When we decided to head to New York City we thought about staying again at a Kimpton Hotel. We ended up staying at Ink48. The rooms were nice. The sink was in the room as was the bathtub. This made it difficult to get up earlier than my husband and not disturb him when I was getting ready to go to the gym. The room was made up, one day it was done well the next day there were no hand towels and there was someone's thumbnail with nail polish on it on the washcloth where they had put my makeup. It was disgusting. The last day we wanted to check out the rooftop bar. That day they had a photo shoot so the bar was closed. The entire hotel was teeming with people involved in the shoot.The elevators which had previously run quickly were slow and the people working with the commercial were rude and oblivious to the customers. The other draw backs were no close subway stops. We never tried the restaurant which is supposed to be so good and michelin rated. They stopped serving breakfast at 10:45am. Also, they had out complimentary coffee and tea in the morning but that stops at 9am...in New York which is a late night city??? Very disappointed with that.They did bring me a coffee machine for the room, I asked for decaf coffee and tea to go with it and never got that as well. It was hit and miss with the service there.Sorry to say.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrsbof3

mrsbof3,

Thanks for the review. Feedback such as yours is truly invaluable and only allows us to improve and better serve our future guests. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the management team so they may share with their team members.

We hope that you will come back and experience Ink48 the way it should be experienced stress free.